Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sad news Bushy. Best wishes to you and your family.
I thought it was bad when my parents died 3 months apart, so can't imagine how 6 weeks must feel.
19th December was my mums birthday, so I was thinking of them yesterday.
Cancer is a bastard, hope those suffering from it can rid themselves of this nasty disease.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Really sorry to hear of your loss Bushy. Try to keep strong mate and keep all those lovely thoughts of Mum and Dad at the front always.

Cheers, all the best to you and your family.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Bushy so sorry to hear of your loss.

Was not looking forward to spending boxing day with the in laws, but reading thfough tbe last few pges of this thread has shown me how selfish i am at times. Im gonna try that bit harder if only for the wifes sake.

I hope you have had some joy this xmas and best wishes to Cornish, Alex and others.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As a fairly new member to this board, iv'e just come across this thread.
I have read it the whole way through. I found myself hoping for good news as the pages went by.
To lose both parents within six weeks of each other, to the horrible C is awful, may they both RIP together now, and my condolences to Bushy and family.
I have lost relatives to cancer as well, time is not really a healer, but it does get easier to cope with.... in time.
I really hope that 2013 will bring good news to the other posters that are battling and coping with the treatment..... and the highs and lows, and of course the families that are there for them as well.
I don't normally do new year wishes, this year is an exception...... not a new striker, not promotion, not holding on to Bridcut etc etc......... just good news for the posters aforementioned please.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

That's good news mate, proves that the research is bringing new treatments and surgical methods, hopefully one day they might find something for me but at the moment alls well and it's still stable. There was talk of a pet scan early in my diagnoses but it never happened sounds a bit scary lol.

The PET scan was a like a slow CT scan from the patient perspective. You're given the radioactive isotope iv and then have to lay down for an hour to let the radioactivity spread throught the body; then it's into the scanner, laying down again, for about 25 minutes - I went to sleep beforehand and during the scan.
Results were very surprising (to me anyway) - initially the oncology consultant advised (somewhat sceptically tbh) that the radiologists had reported there was no detectable cancer activity anywhere! This begs the question that what is this node/lump in the peritoneum that I've had since 2010 but during subsequent review of all my scans etc, etc by the multi-disciplinary team at the Royal Surrey the conclusion they've come to is that there is some low level activity there due to a very slow growing (indolent) cancer and that's all I have. Anyway, the knives are being sharpened again and it's going to be removed surgically. I've had a prelim chat with the surgical team in Guildford and they joyously want me to have to have a half course of chemo (ie x6 fortnightly doses) beforehand to "soften" the surrounding tissue to help the surgery. I'm back in the cancer unit there on monday to discuss/agree the chemo strategy, treatment dates etc, have a medical and get my PIC line fitting booked. I guess I'll be back on the pickling sauce during w/c 18 Feb with the surgery probably in late May-early June depending on how I stand up to the chemo. Best wishes to all, and the BT'trees fan club down the Loxwood Road in Wisborough. Our son played rugby with his three elder brothers, particularly Johnny, whilst at the Weald. TTFN. N.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The PET scan was a like a slow CT scan from the patient perspective. You're given the radioactive isotope iv and then have to lay down for an hour to let the radioactivity spread throught the body; then it's into the scanner, laying down again, for about 25 minutes - I went to sleep beforehand and during the scan.
Results were very surprising (to me anyway) - initially the oncology consultant advised (somewhat sceptically tbh) that the radiologists had reported there was no detectable cancer activity anywhere! This begs the question that what is this node/lump in the peritoneum that I've had since 2010 but during subsequent review of all my scans etc, etc by the multi-disciplinary team at the Royal Surrey the conclusion they've come to is that there is some low level activity there due to a very slow growing (indolent) cancer and that's all I have. Anyway, the knives are being sharpened again and it's going to be removed surgically. I've had a prelim chat with the surgical team in Guildford and they joyously want me to have to have a half course of chemo (ie x6 fortnightly doses) beforehand to "soften" the surrounding tissue to help the surgery. I'm back in the cancer unit there on monday to discuss/agree the chemo strategy, treatment dates etc, have a medical and get my PIC line fitting booked. I guess I'll be back on the pickling sauce during w/c 18 Feb with the surgery probably in late May-early June depending on how I stand up to the chemo. Best wishes to all, and the BT'trees fan club down the Loxwood Road in Wisborough. Our son played rugby with his three elder brothers, particularly Johnny, whilst at the Weald. TTFN. N.

Good to here from you mate all the best and yes good to c billy flying the flag for wisborough green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here