Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sad news chap, not surprised you're scared. Try and be strong and positive :)

Slightly ot but one of my sons team mates in the under 9s was rushed to London on Monday night to remove a brain tumour, they operated and could only remove half with another op over the weekend to try and remove the other half. Don't know if it's cancer yet :(
Crikey mate, thats really is dreadful, obviously i hope my dad keeps going as long as possibl as its incurable, but for a 9 year old to be suffering that way is tragic, i bet his parents are beside themselves ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
just an update on my dad, we had good news as the tumours in his spine and lung have shrunk, now hes had an xray because he found walking painful and they've found another tumour in his lymph gland, for the first time i'm truly frightened , i'm 46 years old , and i'm crying , just scared now.

So sorry to hear that mate, especially as it comes on top of the good news that you had about the other tumours. But your dad sounds like a real battler. Sincerely hope you'll be posting soon that the new tumour has shrunk also. Very best wishes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Crikey mate, thats really is dreadful, obviously i hope my dad keeps going as long as possibl as its incurable, but for a 9 year old to be suffering that way is tragic, i bet his parents are beside themselves ?

They don't know if they're coming or going, but trying their best to stay positive and hoping for the best outcome (as we all are). He's been in and out of hospital for a few weeks getting gradually more poorly, should get some more news tomorrow evening at training where I'll be volunteering to organise a collection to get him something special from everyone at our club :)

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
just an update on my dad, we had good news as the tumours in his spine and lung have shrunk, now hes had an xray because he found walking painful and they've found another tumour in his lymph gland, for the first time i'm truly frightened , i'm 46 years old , and i'm crying , just scared now.

no shame in crying or being scared m8 this last year as cornishes old man its been hell , every day you wake up feeling shit always hear for a chat you are never alone, always speak / talk to someone it does help wish him all the best from us and as i say to andrew dont ley the fucker win or get you down you are better than that take care POPS

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
no shame in crying or being scared m8 this last year as cornishes old man its been hell , every day you wake up feeling shit always hear for a chat you are never alone, always speak / talk to someone it does help wish him all the best from us and as i say to andrew dont ley the fucker win or get you down you are better than that take care POPS
thks doogie, the sentiments are reciprocal, cornish and by extension you have got a lot of people rooting for you.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi just a quick update, saw the consultant yesterday everything seems stable at the moment. So i don't need to see him till 3months need a scan next time though.

I'm really sorry to hear this Bushy, has he got a prognosis yet? My very best wishes.

Yeah she's doing well had the 12 week scan last week due november 18th. So hopefully and can keep of the chemo juice for a little while longer.
How are you?

The date's in my diary - a celebratory beer down the Cricks with your Dad perhaps? I hear the 3 Crowns has improved, our daughter went there for lunch on Sunday.
My 3 month CT scan results are tomorrow so I'll let you know, wife and daughter are a bit nervy about it all (as ever) but I feel surreally beyond that now. At some point this year, the Consultant will probably want me to have some more chemo so it's then down to me/us to decide, as before. However, having just renewed my car parking pass at the UoS I don't want to waste that. Best wishes. N.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The date's in my diary - a celebratory beer down the Cricks with your Dad perhaps? I hear the 3 Crowns has improved, our daughter went there for lunch on Sunday.
My 3 month CT scan results are tomorrow so I'll let you know, wife and daughter are a bit nervy about it all (as ever) but I feel surreally beyond that now. At some point this year, the Consultant will probably want me to have some more chemo so it's then down to me/us to decide, as before. However, having just renewed my car parking pass at the UoS I don't want to waste that. Best wishes. N.

free cab is on me m8 when born .going down to cornwall this thursdaywith wife and dan staying in lovely hotel for our anniversary and looking forward to seeing andrew and grand daughter [looking for some cah back but not holding my breath ]

free cab is on me m8 when born .going down to cornwall this thursdaywith wife and dan staying in lovely hotel for our anniversary and looking forward to seeing andrew and grand daughter [looking for some cah back but not holding my breath ]

You two enjoy the holiday/break and spoil the grand daughter - that's what you're for. Cheers.

believe it or not mate , they operated and he was out of hospital within 4 days walking around, so all good at the moment !! how about you ?

Sounds promising, do they need to follow up with any chemo/radiotherapies or did they get it all - btw, where's he being treated; Brighton, Guildford...?
Get my CT scan results tomorrow so it'll either be f*** off for another three months or would you like to pop back every fortnight for more one to one sessions with a chemotherapy nurse and some bags of liquid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here