Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
My Father has bone marrow cancer. He had a lump on his chest for months. He saw his NHS doctor who kept telling him he had strained his chest muscle. He had to go to hospital himself and got diagnosed. Because of that doctor he has metal plates in his arms and skull. He took it to court and he has never told me how much he won. But money can't buy you your life back. I'd say enjoy each day and stay positive. My Dad was diagnosed 11 years ago and has been in remission for nearly a year. Him staying strong and positive has been a major factor. Never give up and keep fighting. Your young one will be a massive motivation for you. Good luck mate, all the best.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
My Father has bone marrow cancer. He had a lump on his chest for months. He saw his NHS doctor who kept telling him he had strained his chest muscle. He had to go to hospital himself and got diagnosed. Because of that doctor he has metal plates in his arms and skull. He took it to court and he has never told me how much he won. But money can't buy you your life back. I'd say enjoy each day and stay positive. My Dad was diagnosed 11 years ago and has been in remission for nearly a year. Him staying strong and positive has been a major factor. Never give up and keep fighting. Your young one will be a massive motivation for you. Good luck mate, all the best.

Thanks mate. Its nice to have a happy end to your experience hope he keeps healthy.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I had the pleasure of meeting Nigel (Alex Dawson) on Saturday, albeit briefly, a real gent.

Hope to see you at the Amex too, soon Cornish.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
just an update on my dad, we had good news as the tumours in his spine and lung have shrunk, now hes had an xray because he found walking painful and they've found another tumour in his lymph gland, for the first time i'm truly frightened , i'm 46 years old , and i'm crying , just scared now.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
just an update on my dad, we had good news as the tumours in his spine and lung have shrunk, now hes had an xray because he found walking painful and they've found another tumour in his lymph gland, for the first time i'm truly frightened , i'm 46 years old , and i'm crying , just scared now.

Keep strong mate. Do they know where abouts it is?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I'm so sorry to hear that - we didn't know what to do when my husbands Dads cancer appeared in other places except cry. Don't forget to give your Dad a hug too, all the awful things you're thinking, just magine whats going through his head....Hang in there, it truly is hard and scary but the worst doesn't happen in all cases, just remember that!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Be strong for him mate..be there for him!!

I am so very sorry!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm so sorry to hear that - we didn't know what to do when my husbands Dads cancer appeared in other places except cry. Don't forget to give your Dad a hug too, all the awful things you're thinking, just magine whats going through his head....Hang in there, it truly is hard and scary but the worst doesn't happen in all cases, just remember that!
thanks tedebear, i appreciate it.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

I lost my Mum to cancer last year. I know exactly what you're going through. No words are enough.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Have they come up with a plan? keep strong mate. I'm ok got to see the consultant monday for tests to see if its behaving.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Sad news chap, not surprised you're scared. Try and be strong and positive :)

Slightly ot but one of my sons team mates in the under 9s was rushed to London on Monday night to remove a brain tumour, they operated and could only remove half with another op over the weekend to try and remove the other half. Don't know if it's cancer yet :(

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Really sorry to hear that bushy, can't really add any more to what tedebear has said.

All the best and stay strong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here