Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Dad had his first round of chemo on friday, he feels fine which is good, he is on GEM-CARBO I think its called if anyone knows what that is.

Thats good that he feels fine its alot easier to deal with if you get little side affects of chemo.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Had a phone call this morning from my consultants secretary. Got an appiontment thursday morning for the results. I'm crapping it!!!.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
fine mate, had his chemo last week, to be honest you'd hardly now he was ill, but he does have a bit of pain with the lymph node that they thought was originally a hernia.

Thats good mate. Have they addressed the pain with the lynph node?

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi everyone got some bad news, the cancer never went away and is now incurable its now " nodular lynphocyte predominant hodgkin lynphoma " which is a very rare type of cancer with no known cure. With this type of cancer it can lay dormant for weeks, months even years without having to be treated. If i do deteriorate they will treat me with a mixture of anti-bodies and chemo. I will be monitored closly to see what is happening with the cancer and to make sure it does'nt spread to any organs. Bit of a kick in the the ball sack. Not the news i was expecting.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hi everyone got some bad news, the cancer never went away and is now incurable its now " nodular lynphocyte predominant hodgkin lynphoma " which is a very rare type of cancer with no known cure. With this type of cancer it can lay dormant for weeks, months even years without having to be treated. If i do deteriorate they will treat me with a mixture of anti-bodies and chemo. I will be monitored closly to see what is happening with the cancer and to make sure it does'nt spread to any organs. Bit of a kick in the the ball sack. Not the news i was expecting.

Blimey mate, not what any of us wanted to hear. Gutted for you but here's hoping it stays dormant. Try and keep your chin up buddy, you're in our thoughts :bowdown:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Thanks for the update Cornish......news we didn't want to hear......but many on here have been with you since this started......and we will stay with you.

Thoughts with you tonight.....and your wonderful family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here