Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
OK atm, but still have some fatigue and muscle ache from the last chemo. Next CT scan is on Monday 30th Jan, follow up with the Consultant is on 6th Feb when we'll know whether it's another 3 months "holiday" or more sauce. Best wishes.

Hope you get a bit of a break mate.

hope its the former mate.

Me too but it's going to be a routine of treatment/break/treatment/break for life now - my cancer's not particularly aggressive (well - hasn't been) and I should be able to cope physically, remain active provided I get 6 months "off" between treatments of if the chemo is limited to 6 doses (ie 3 months). The prospect of 6m of chemo again after 3m's normality is a real sh*t - literally (probably too much info now).

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Me too but it's going to be a routine of treatment/break/treatment/break for life now - my cancer's not particularly aggressive (well - hasn't been) and I should be able to cope physically, remain active provided I get 6 months "off" between treatments of if the chemo is limited to 6 doses (ie 3 months). The prospect of 6m of chemo again after 3m's normality is a real sh*t - literally (probably too much info now).
Thats really tough mate, not a lot I can say to that, i just really hope that you get a break both from the treatment and figuratively speaking in your fight against cancer, fingers crossed for you.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009

I hope you continue to get better, Alex Dawson.

It sounds like your body's been through a heck of a lot (which is obviously an understatement). Stay strong and keep us updated. We're with you mate.

Thats really tough mate, not a lot I can say to that, i just really hope that you get a break both from the treatment and figuratively speaking in your fight against cancer, fingers crossed for you.

Sorry, maybe I gave the wrong impression - there's no panic/crisis. The prognosis is to keep the cancer (it's in my abdominal muscle) controlled, small, whatever and prevent it spreading to any vital organs (likely to be the lungs or liver in my case). Many, many oncology patients are on this sort of treatment regime.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi everyone had the op yesterday, thankfully they managed to get it all via key hole. Managed to get discharged yesterday late afternoon, feel a bit sore now and should ge the results in 2weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here