Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dad, saw the oncologist today, hopefully better than we thought, he will have radiotherapy for the cancer in his spine, and in the new year they will treat the cancer in his lung, its not the aggressive one , so although incurable , hopefully will be with us for a while yet, fingers crossed.
Good news, as I guess the prognosis could have been a lot worse.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Dad, saw the oncologist today, hopefully better than we thought, he will have radiotherapy for the cancer in his spine, and in the new year they will treat the cancer in his lung, its not the aggressive one , so although incurable , hopefully will be with us for a while yet, fingers crossed.

Thats better news mate, makes a difference when you know what your dealing with.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Sounds more positive, hope all goes well for your dad :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Fingers crossed for you here also bushy. All best wishes to your dad.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hope it all goes Ok Cornish and sorry to hear about your Dad bushy....and as others have said, heres hoping for a positive outcome.

just about got used to taking this warfarin lark and not been able to drink much, also getting used to 1 and a half pints and then hitting the lemonade. Still get "stiches" across my chest every now and again...mostly when I am driving ( seemly the blood clots calcifying)...maybe its because you are scrunched up ...but all in all in rude health ( apart from teh highish blood pressure) which is slight worrying but hey I am still here!!!!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hope it all goes Ok Cornish and sorry to hear about your Dad bushy....and as others have said, heres hoping for a positive outcome.

just about got used to taking this warfarin lark and not been able to drink much, also getting used to 1 and a half pints and then hitting the lemonade. Still get "stiches" across my chest every now and again...mostly when I am driving ( seemly the blood clots calcifying)...maybe its because you are scrunched up ...but all in all in rude health ( apart from teh highish blood pressure) which is slight worrying but hey I am still here!!!!
Whats happened to you GW ? I was on warfarin when i had DVT in the calf..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whats happened to you GW ? I was on warfarin when i had DVT in the calf..

last new year ..thought I was having a heart attack....turned out after having angiograms that proved my heart was fine, ( thanks to my fab nurse daughter who without her stubborn perciverance and hassling a doctor who was sending me home saying it was my blood pressure pills) that they reluctantly gave me a CT scan and found I had loads of blood clots over my lungs and if one had burst...well you know the rest.

So I have a INR range of 2-3 now I have to stick to ( 5mg of warfarin per day) and I have been within .1 every time they check ( ie 2.3 to 2.4) and have to be checked every 8 weeks.

Trouble is as they have no idae why it happened I am on warfarin for ever now>

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
last new year ..thought I was having a heart attack....turned out after having angiograms that proved my heart was fine, ( thanks to my fab nurse daughter who without her stubborn perciverance and hassling a doctor who was sending me home saying it was my blood pressure pills) that they reluctantly gave me a CT scan and found I had loads of blood clots over my lungs and if one had burst...well you know the rest.

So I have a INR range of 2-3 now I have to stick to ( 5mg of warfarin per day) and I have been within .1 every time they check ( ie 2.3 to 2.4) and have to be checked every 8 weeks.

Trouble is as they have no idae why it happened I am on warfarin for ever now>
does it affect you much in what you can do ? i'm sure i wasnt allowed to drink, good luck anyway .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
does it affect you much in what you can do ? i'm sure i wasnt allowed to drink, good luck anyway .

not really to be honest...I go to the gym 4 times + week so I am endevouring to keep fit...

Cheers mate...all the best and also to your Dad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here