NHS leg pain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello chap, Im doing ok felt crap on the last treament got another one tommorrow. Meeting with the consultant about the next steps in treatment, Weather more chemo or radiotherapy.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Andrew. N.

PS I wouldn't park that BMW in Wisborough Green next time you're back in these parts - poser.

Howabout Alex Dawson oo oo, you lads want to give an update?

Hi Mr H,
I'm not bad but have continuing bowel irritation from one of the chemo/cytotoxic drugs (irinotecan). If it continues then I wouldn't recommend anyone sitting directly behind me in the WSU (O96).
Very tired generally, and not helped by still trying to get concise info from the club on the facilities available, if any, for disabled attendees like me. Had to go into the Royal Surrey yesterday evening for a blood check and was told I shouldn't go to the Spurs game, or any others atm, unless we can park close to the stadium. I can manage 200-300m wallking but it's the potential infection risk from enclosed spaces like P&R's, trains, coaches that's concerning the docs again - picked up a pseudomonas infection during some previous chemo treament in 2007 and that landed me in isolation for a fortnight. Anyway, it looks like Trundle Hill at Goodwood for me on Saturday (God knows how long it'll take to walk up there though) - hope the rest of you enjoy the game.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It'll be a real shame for you to have to miss it but i suppose you have to weigh up the long term risks and missing a game or 2 now may mean you make the rest of the season rather than possibly being laid up for months.

All the best to you, cornish, and any others currently suffering poor health.

It'll be a real shame for you to have to miss it but i suppose you have to weigh up the long term risks and missing a game or 2 now may mean you make the rest of the season rather than possibly being laid up for months.

All the best to you, cornish, and any others currently suffering poor health.

Exactly Ken although it may mean leaving O96 empty until the new year; however, had the club provided adequate facilities for disabled attendees then I should have been able to have made it - all I've asked for is temporary access to a parking space close to the stadium whilst I'm undergoing treatment. Not a disabled space, and I expected to pay for it, but the club just don't seem able to deal with this sort of issue on an individual basis.
However, after the abuse directed at many of us on NSC yesterday evening I don't know if I can be arsed any more. 51 years of watching the Albion and it comes down to the this.
Thanks for your best wishes btw.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Spoke to dad about the new beemer had to explain that its not a V8 petrol monster that will have one hand in my wallet for fuel tokens and that it will not self combust.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Spoke to dad about the new beemer had to explain that its not a V8 petrol monster that will have one hand in my wallet for fuel tokens and that it will not self combust.

bit like a woman son ,depends how u treat it, look after it and it will look after u, dont look after it and you wish you had never met it [just ask your mother ]
good luck today thinking of you dont let the fucker win!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good to hear that you guys have things under control.......I keep getting these strong stitch like feelings in my chest which can be painfull as hell. my doctor said that the clots |I had would eventually calcify and that although my blood is being thinned by warfarin and simvastatin, I will still get occasional pains. Luckily my breathing etc is absolutely fine as is my INR numbers, BUT these stiches are alarming at times.

i am still off the alcohol to all intents and purposes and have gone down two waist sizes and can get into clothes that actually fit as opposed to ones that are XXL and tight!!!

off to the nurse for a blood pressure check tomorrow :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Us "non-normal" fans get the nurses to come to us.

Glad you seem to be on the mend DtG.

oooh get you!!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Thanks mate. Hope the parking crap gets sorted in your favour

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Exactly Ken although it may mean leaving O96 empty until the new year; however, had the club provided adequate facilities for disabled attendees then I should have been able to have made it - all I've asked for is temporary access to a parking space close to the stadium whilst I'm undergoing treatment. Not a disabled space, and I expected to pay for it, but the club just don't seem able to deal with this sort of issue on an individual basis.
However, after the abuse directed at many of us on NSC yesterday evening I don't know if I can be arsed any more. 51 years of watching the Albion and it comes down to the this.
Thanks for your best wishes btw.

That's a real shame. All the help and advice you have given through the dark days and now when you should reap some reward your health and seemingly inflexability by the club deny you.
Do hope things work out better for you and soon. Meanwhile I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. Best wishes

That's a real shame. All the help and advice you have given through the dark days and now when you should reap some reward your health and seemingly inflexability by the club deny you.
Do hope things work out better for you and soon. Meanwhile I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. Best wishes

Thanks a lot.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Ive got some really good news. Chemo should be finished the begining of september and its looking like i wont require any more treatment. Chemo went well yesterday no sickness they prescribed me lorazapam to chill me out before the treatment and it seemed to work.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Also im low risk of relapse out of 8 im risk 1 and thats only because im male apparently lol

Wonderful news so far Cornish. Fridays are always good days.....(apart from those following the 'horrible Thursdays' you,ve had recently, of course..!)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ive got some really good news. Chemo should be finished the begining of september and its looking like i wont require any more treatment. Chemo went well yesterday no sickness they prescribed me lorazapam to chill me out before the treatment and it seemed to work.
Excellent news, really pleased for you and your family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports