Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Keep going, Cornish, take one day at a time and keep strong. You can do this mate.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Keep on going you two; CS and AD. It's great to see so many fellow NSCers taking time to post on here and give support.

Any one of us could be in the same boat one day so it's good to see the level of comradeship.

All the very best to you. And of course Jimbo as he fights his battle also.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Keep going Cornish - A friend of mine who is the same ages as us has just started the chemo - not nice at all but i'm sure she'll fight hard as you are doing. Truely inspiring.

Thanks for the support means alot. Ive got a scan next wednesday to find out how its going.
Do you get a break from treatment until you've seen the consultant post-scan then? I hope the CT results show that all the chemo you've received has had positive effect, maybe even cleared it all eh? How's Cornishette's walking coming along?
Best wishes. N.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Do you get a break from treatment until you've seen the consultant post-scan then? I hope the CT results show that all the chemo you've received has had positive effect, maybe even cleared it all eh? How's Cornishette's walking coming along?
Best wishes. N.

No ill still have the chemo on the thursday. Ill get the result before the chemo. Im positive somethings getting better. How are you chap? The little one is walking everywhere now lol.

No ill still have the chemo on the thursday. Ill get the result before the chemo. Im positive somethings getting better. How are you chap? The little one is walking everywhere now lol.

Good, that's the way to look at it, and be pragmatic. I doubt I'll get a break either, assuming I have the full 12. No date for the scan yet, it'll probably be the week after the Donny game at the Amex as my sixth dose will be on August 2nd.
A bit of a crap day yesterday, we're trying a modification my anti-sickness regime as the steroid part is affecting my sleeping pattern for 3-4 days after the chemo. I got the normal anti-sickness of ondansetron and dexamethasone iv on Tuesday pre-chemo so didn't really sleep at all that night. Switched to the revised regime (tabs) yesterday but didn't work well - compounded by lack of sleep perhaps but was really sick by late afternoon. Spoke with the Oncology Pharmacist at the Royal Surrey this morning and we're tweeking a bit more today and tomorrow - I actually feel really good this morning.
Great to hear about your daughter btw, brings back so many memories; ours is 23 now and back at home after the latest boyfriend car crash.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009

Mate your situation and the way you go about things really do put things into perspective.

Ive posted today because i see you mentioning your little girl walking now - my little lad is 15 months and has just started walking too. I cant even imagine what your going through,an illness like that scares the crap out of me.To be honest it makes me feel a bit stupid worrying about the stuff i do, and reassess whats important.

Good luck with it all pal, hope you get fit enough to get to Falmer with the little'un soon.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Mate your situation and the way you go about things really do put things into perspective.

Ive posted today because i see you mentioning your little girl walking now - my little lad is 15 months and has just started walking too. I cant even imagine what your going through,an illness like that scares the crap out of me.To be honest it makes me feel a bit stupid worrying about the stuff i do, and reassess whats important.

Good luck with it all pal, hope you get fit enough to get to Falmer with the little'un soon.

Cheers chap. It is scary but you learn to cope and deal with is i suppose. Im in a better place then i was and seeing the little one grow gives you more incentive to keep going. Have you purchased the first pair of shoes yet? We did our first trip to clarks on monday.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Yeah hes had a few pairs already. I know its always said but they grow so fast so anything we buy him is too small within a month. Great fun now they can walk though, my boy walks around like he owns the place, like hes really proud of himself.Constantly having to watch him now though as everything becomes a hazard now.

All good fun though

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Don't forget those cupboard and fridge door safety catches guys.

Certainly good advice. Fitted them on all but a few cupboards - mainly because i run out of them so i left the "safe" cupboards. Only problem now is that he knows exactly where the Crisps, chocolate and general junk food cupboard is so will wander off grab whatever takes his fancy, bring it to me and then go absolutely ape sh*t when i dont open it for him.

This weekend is set aside for some DIY so ill be investing in a few more catches. Other thing we have found is that we need to double lock our front door as he can now open that. Like i say and im sure you know, everything is a hazard.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Lol ill be honest the little one has no interest in the cupboards. If it doesnt involve pepper pig she doesnt want to know lol. She uses her pepper pig ride on too hide things. So if we lose anything i know where to look lol

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
When they are babies you want them to walk and talk, soon you'll be telling them to sit down and be quiet!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi chap, Im getting nervous about the scan results. I never wished for good news like i have regarding this.
How are things with you?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here