Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It feels like a long old slog sometimes. Getting there slowly.

Isn't it funny how slowly weeks can go sometimes, and other times super quick. Think of the 8 weeks (I think) it in terms of your life so far though, then it seems really tiny. Thing is, you're nearly at the Wednesday of this all (half way), that day which is followed by happy Thursday and Thank f*** its Friday. Not to mention woooohooo Saturday, and lovely lovely Sundays.

Closer to goal than ever before!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Isn't it funny how slowly weeks can go sometimes, and other times super quick. Think of the 8 weeks (I think) it in terms of your life so far though, then it seems really tiny. Thing is, you're nearly at the Wednesday of this all (half way), that day which is followed by happy Thursday and Thank f*** its Friday. Not to mention woooohooo Saturday, and lovely lovely Sundays.

Nicely put :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not spoken for a while so glad you are still positive mate little Cornish walking eh! now you have got your work cut out

be lucky.

Hi Cornish,
Hope everything goes OK for you at the Treliske tomorrow, hang in there mate. Liked the story about your little Cornish(ette); the first steps, first words are so special and you remember them for ever.
Have decided to prepare properly for next week's chemo over the weekend
LOXWOOD BEER AND MUSIC FESTIVAL - HOME.
Best wishes, as always, to all.
N

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi Cornish,
Hope everything goes OK for you at the Treliske tomorrow, hang in there mate. Liked the story about your little Cornish(ette); the first steps, first words are so special and you remember them for ever.
Have decided to prepare properly for next week's chemo over the weekend
LOXWOOD BEER AND MUSIC FESTIVAL - HOME.
Best wishes, as always, to all.
N

Hi chap, sounds good the old mans going to be there tomorrow so should be fun lol. I havent had a drink since january. Ill be honest i havent missed it.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall

Well put excellent phillosophy.

Hi chap, sounds good the old mans going to be there tomorrow so should be fun lol. I havent had a drink since january. Ill be honest i havent missed it.

Know what you mean about beer/alcohol, I've drunk very little in the past couple of months. Mrs suggested we go (North Hall just been rebuilt/extended) so some "limited" Hophead QC testing for me; worryingly they now sell it in the Titch at Alfold Bars.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Number 6 ticked off. The chemo knocked me about a bit yesterday felt sick during and after. Feel alot better now though. I will have a scan before the next one.

Number 6 ticked off. The chemo knocked me about a bit yesterday felt sick during and after. Feel alot better now though. I will have a scan before the next one.

Is the plan A for you 12 treatments then? If so, it's the same as me, with a scan after 6 to check that the chemo is (hopefully) having an effect.
Sorry to hear about the sickness, they should be able to modify your anti-nausea drug regime so don't forget to tell the consultant/registrar when you're next in clinic that it didn't work fully this time.
Blood transfusion was really odd, I felt very vacant driving home from the hospital and really s**t (literally) all the next day (Tues). Seem Ok now but still having problems getting enough sleep.
Bye for now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Blood transfusion was really odd, I felt very vacant driving home from the hospital

Could it have been an HB&B donation ? Imagine if it had been a Meade's Ball or Danny Seagull donation :eek:

Good to hear your halfway Cornish

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Is the plan A for you 12 treatments then? If so, it's the same as me, with a scan after 6 to check that the chemo is (hopefully) having an effect.
Sorry to hear about the sickness, they should be able to modify your anti-nausea drug regime so don't forget to tell the consultant/registrar when you're next in clinic that it didn't work fully this time.
Blood transfusion was really odd, I felt very vacant driving home from the hospital and really s**t (literally) all the next day (Tues). Seem Ok now but still having problems getting enough sleep.
Bye for now.

Yeah plan A is 12 treatments. Im lucky that my bloods have been good so far i dont think i could go through a transfusion. One lady opposite me yesterday was starting to fade quite badly yesterday which wasnt nice to see they did xrays on the spot and she looked as white as a ghost bless her. I managed to sort out some financial stuff yesterday which was a weight off my mind.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Two good friends of mine and my brother-in-law have all taken on this bastard disease and beaten it with the help of the NHS, just like you and Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo! are going to.

The posts from both of you are always inspirational – the very best of luck to both of you.

Firstly, I hope you're well Cornish? We didn't make it to the Loxwood Beer Festival after all as I spent most of Saturday afternoon asleep.

Post chemo update for any followers:
I'm over last week's blood transfusion, bit of a surreal experience overall but iron levels now ok. Disappointed that I'll not be able to donate again, hopefully someone will be motivated to step up and take my place.
Third course of treatment went fine today at the Royal Surrey in Guildford. Am tolerating the x3 cocktail well so they've increased the dosage rate which gets me away early and gives the District Nurses time to schedule removal of my "take away" pump (administers 5FU - one of the drugs - over 48 hours) on Thursday. In previous years you'd have been in hospital a couple of days - so good news for all you taxpayers, the NHS and me.
Anti-sickness steroids have been reduced and substituted with extra ondansetron as the former keeps me awake; some NSC nightowls and colonial members may have noticed! Blood pressure up a tad but side effects minimal so we kick on 'til July 4/5th and the next repeat. 3 more to go before the CT scan, then - who knows? Anyway, that'll be after 6th August so I'll see you all there.

jackiefw

May 15, 2011
south coast
Hi Andrew how you doing? Would like to say hope dad looking after you but your properly looking after him after his injections!! Hope your keeping each other company send love to all lots of love x x x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here