Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I think the ward nurses are going to pop down the fancy dress shop just off Guildford High Street to get me a wig, seems that they've even checked with the district nurses whether I am a Brighton supporter or was just winding them up - as if!
Looks like I might have some new headgear for the blood transfusion on Monday then.

Clearly nobody want's to be in a cancer day unit but if you're most comfortable with the way you are then stick with it. I've always tried to make the best of what can sometimes be a painful, long and certainly personally stressful experience but people do cope with all this in different ways although some some don't really at all.
When I first started on chemo back in 2007 I became a complete shitbag at home, very short tempered and regularly reduced my wife and daughter to tears. We'd been together as a couple for nearly 30 years and I'd never been like it before, I'm quite a placid bloke really so it was like a complete personality switch over night. After a few weeks I decided to try the cancer support group (Fountain Centre) at the Royal Surrey for some counselling or whatever they could offer - I had at very quick look at the Trelisk Hosp'l website earlier but didn't see anything similar. Maybe it's under a sub-heading and I missed it.
The Fountain Centre
Anyway, I had an hour or so of one to one with a councillor and it seemed to get most of the anger out of me - and looking back now I was really angry. After this I was better able to control myself at home and this time I've been on top of it from day one, still a the occasional incident of short(ish) temper but isn't that what old gits are like normally? I'm 57 btw. I guess what I'm saying is if you're really comfortable with how you're handling this then OK keep with the routine, if not and you've access to something at the Trelisk like our Fountain Centre then try to use it. If the hospital doesn't have such a service then ask on the ward next time you're in, I can't believe that the Cornwall NHS doesn't provide this support, even if it's off-site somewhere. Finally, as I can at last feel the steroids wearing off as the sun comes up, please don't feel that you can't ask me anything if you think it may help you. I'll drop you a PM later with my contact details.
Best wishes to all of you in Cornwall (and Wisborough Green of course). N.

hi alex sorry i have not spoken to you before its just that im struggling to get my head round of all of this and my thoughts are always with andrew but i am getting better and would like to thank you and wish you all the best .andrew i know enjoys reading all the post on here it keeps his spirits up and as hes said sometimes finds it easier to express his feelings .dont think we live far apart so if you fancy a chat anytime please let me know [wisborough green rules] ****cornwall. love you son

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi guys had a crazy day yesterday. Had my first dream about the amex which consisted of a small childs train to transport every one up to the WSU lol. Also my little girl got into her first scrap at the child minders at the age of 17months which led to the child minder presenting us with a incident letter and my little one sporting a bite mark on her arm. The report reads as follows.

` Incident took place in the childminders lounge at 8am. Child A (my child) swiped and scratched child B (random boy). Child B retaliated by biting child A.
After incident Child A was happy and normal and did not cry. Result of incident, Child A appears to have a bite mark on her arm lol.`

I have to say that little cornish may have started it oooppps.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Little cornish would have been forgiven if this was the case. I may have to investigate further! Shall i interigate child B?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had ylod repair about 3 months ago and it died again when psn went down - and is now dead due to CPU failure!!!!! so I've had to fire up my ps2 :eek: but I'm getting a new ps3 for my birthday on 22nd - just need to remember my psn password lol so I'm sure you'll give me a good kicking while I adjust back to this century again :laugh:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The wired controllers are one thing, but the graphics were ok on an old tv - put on a modern LCD tv they are awful lol how you'd imagine a rubbish copied video :lolol:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Hi guys had a crazy day yesterday. Had my first dream about the amex which consisted of a small childs train to transport every one up to the WSU lol. Also my little girl got into her first scrap at the child minders at the age of 17months which led to the child minder presenting us with a incident letter and my little one sporting a bite mark on her arm. The report reads as follows.

` Incident took place in the childminders lounge at 8am. Child A (my child) swiped and scratched child B (random boy). Child B retaliated by biting child A.
After incident Child A was happy and normal and did not cry. Result of incident, Child A appears to have a bite mark on her arm lol.`

I have to say that little cornish may have started it oooppps.

me thinks we have the making of a north stander old school doc martins on way [seagulls rule in cornwall ] your mum still thinks shes not guilty

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Just a quick update in the world of cornish. little cornish has started walking as from thursday, im glad im with it now and not drugged up to the eyeballs because its nice to see the her develop. I havent had a scan letter through yet which is dissapointing. This thursday i will be at the halfway mark of treatment.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Landmark week for you then mate, happier times after the crap of the previous months. 3 of us chuffed to bits for you, you will make it to falmer in no time :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Landmark week for you then mate, happier times after the crap of the previous months. 3 of us chuffed to bits for you, you will make it to falmer in no time :thumbsup:

If all goes well it should be october, i should finish treatment 8th of september. Its getting to a stage now where i just want to know how things are doing because at the moment im having all this treatment and it would be nice to know how much has gone.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
reinforcements down this week going with andrew to his chemo then friday in plymouth for my own treatment on back forget eastenders our familys shit would be a much better watch c u tomorrow son .

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just a quick update in the world of cornish. little cornish has started walking as from thursday, im glad im with it now and not drugged up to the eyeballs because its nice to see the her develop. I havent had a scan letter through yet which is dissapointing. This thursday i will be at the halfway mark of treatment.

Great news Cornish. Keep going!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hello mate - just saying hi and trust you continue to fight the good fight. Sounds like a milestone on Thursday. Stick at it.

This.

Wish I could think of something intelligent and positive to say, like the above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here