Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Lol how did josh do yesterday mate??

He did great, 10 til 3 mostly with a ball at his feet. He got his Cornish goal, and a medal at the end but still had enough energy left for a kickabout with me for half an hour when I got him home (I don't know where he gets his energy from - we went to legoland on Wednesday as well).

50 pages!!!!!!

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Good on him a little star in the making.

I shall lift my bat up for 50 not out lol

He's not so little - reckon he'll be same height as Jen in the next 18 months, by the time he's 10 lol. When he's playing in his age group he's usually 3 or 4 inches taller so I reckon he's gonna look like a proper ringer next season when he's playing for his team lol

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Is he stocky because he will have a good chance in making it. How`s jen??

He looks too tall to be stocky tbh but he's not lanky and is starting to fill out a bit now lol. Jen's doing great thanks mate, we are used to preparing for chemo about now but we've got an extra 4 weeks so she's using the time to spoil me and Josh and get ready for my birthday lol.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
He looks too tall to be stocky tbh but he's not lanky and is starting to fill out a bit now lol. Jen's doing great thanks mate, we are used to preparing for chemo about now but we've got an extra 4 weeks so she's using the time to spoil me and Josh and get ready for my birthday lol.

Thats good mate. At his age i was short and fat and used to mow through the opposition lol we had a brighton youth coch doing footy at our school and he used to call me the tank. lol

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Going good so far mate. GOing to be 2 long nights tonight and tomorrow 5pm-close which is 3am on friday and saturday :). Might be there as late as 4 am just depends on how things go! Joys of restaurants I suppose. Have found a flat where I will be moving to as well so thats nice as well. So all in all cant complain! Getting an MRI on my right knee on Monday which should be funnnn.. Nothing serious really but getting it checked out to be safe really.

jackiefw

May 15, 2011
south coast
HI andrew how you doing? have sent you e mail will make you laugh had fancy dress on sat night your dad said to send you some photos!!! thinking of you x x

Good evening Cornish - how goes it?

Chemo went ok, no adverse effects but expect the effect of the steroid (dexamethsone) infusion will keep me awake 'til 2 or 3 as normal. Seems like I'm anaemic too so I'm booked for 3pts of O+ next Monday - an all dayer by the look of it. Is this what you had a few weeks back?
A complete knob on the ward today - lost it when they said his drugs were delayed from Pharmacy. Fffing and blinding, upset loads of patients and nursing staff.
Best wishes to you and the family. N.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Good evening Cornish - how goes it?

Chemo went ok, no adverse effects but expect the effect of the steroid (dexamethsone) infusion will keep me awake 'til 2 or 3 as normal. Seems like I'm anaemic too so I'm booked for 3pts of O+ next Monday - an all dayer by the look of it. Is this what you had a few weeks back?
A complete knob on the ward today - lost it when they said his drugs were delayed from Pharmacy. Fffing and blinding, upset loads of patients and nursing staff.
Best wishes to you and the family. N.

Hello chap glad things went well. I havent had to have any blood just the gcsf injections. Theres always one that feels the need to have a moan lol. When i went last time there was a bloke next to me who had a pump fitted before he left and it made me think of you. It cant be the nicest thing to take home.

Hello chap glad things went well. I havent had to have any blood just the gcsf injections. Theres always one that feels the need to have a moan lol. When i went last time there was a bloke next to me who had a pump fitted before he left and it made me think of you. It cant be the nicest thing to take home.

I'm used to it now, it's for the 5FU that I had as part of both courses of chemo in 2007. This guy's wife was no better, alternately whinged about the NHS and boasted about her BUPA treatment for piles throughout the whole bloody day. The Head sister did take them off for a private one to one before they left so hopefully they'll get a grip before tuesday week - the problem with such people behaving like this is that a number of oncology patients are understandably nervous and tense about the disease, treaments, hair loss etc and it is, certainly at Royal Surrey in Guildford, a bit of a communal effort by the staff and old hands like me to support these people. Engage with them, get them active on the ward, show them that the volumetric pumps can be disconnected from the mains if they need the toilet, advise them throught the lunch menu (ie avoid the pasta), get them some tea/coffee/water. May sound trivial but just don't let sit and mope through the day (unless they want to be left alone of course but then still keep an eye on them). The impact of this tosser's behaviour on some of the newer patients yesterday was quite profound and the staff were having a de-briefing session on this as I left. Did I mention that I've tried to order a blue and white wig from the wig service?

Anyway, enough about me, how are you? Cold gone, immune system holding up OK, Consultant happy (if that's the right word)? Family are accusing you of whinging by the looks of it, nice to see your parents and relatives are active on the thread.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Blue and white wig they might need some dye lol. Colds gone which is good immune system was good. My consultant isnt the type of bloke to show any emotion but would say if he wasnt happy with anything. Hopefully get a date for my CT scan soon. I think the main reason why the family comes on here is because im not a big talker on how i feel but for some reason i tend to post them on here lol.
About the dickhead who piped up at chemo, when im having chemo im generally reserved mostly because i dont want to be there. I tend to zone out and climb into a shell till its over. I think im getting chemo brain lol.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Hey CS and Alex. Sending you both best wishes this fine evening. Hopefully you are both finding this thread/forum a good medium for keeping your sanity through all this.
I certainly enjoy (maybe not the right word) reading about how you are both getting on with fighting this. And keeping you in my thoughts along with several other people on here. Looking forward to that day where we've all said we'll meet up for a drink.
The big C has blighted my family so I do keep an eye on this thread to see how you are both coping. Bloody well as it seems so far so keep strong and keep fighting.

Mac.

Blue and white wig they might need some dye lol. Colds gone which is good immune system was good. My consultant isnt the type of bloke to show any emotion but would say if he wasnt happy with anything. Hopefully get a date for my CT scan soon. I think the main reason why the family comes on here is because im not a big talker on how i feel but for some reason i tend to post them on here lol.
About the dickhead who piped up at chemo, when im having chemo im generally reserved mostly because i dont want to be there. I tend to zone out and climb into a shell till its over. I think im getting chemo brain lol.

I think the ward nurses are going to pop down the fancy dress shop just off Guildford High Street to get me a wig, seems that they've even checked with the district nurses whether I am a Brighton supporter or was just winding them up - as if!
Looks like I might have some new headgear for the blood transfusion on Monday then.

Clearly nobody want's to be in a cancer day unit but if you're most comfortable with the way you are then stick with it. I've always tried to make the best of what can sometimes be a painful, long and certainly personally stressful experience but people do cope with all this in different ways although some some don't really at all.
When I first started on chemo back in 2007 I became a complete shitbag at home, very short tempered and regularly reduced my wife and daughter to tears. We'd been together as a couple for nearly 30 years and I'd never been like it before, I'm quite a placid bloke really so it was like a complete personality switch over night. After a few weeks I decided to try the cancer support group (Fountain Centre) at the Royal Surrey for some counselling or whatever they could offer - I had at very quick look at the Trelisk Hosp'l website earlier but didn't see anything similar. Maybe it's under a sub-heading and I missed it.
The Fountain Centre
Anyway, I had an hour or so of one to one with a councillor and it seemed to get most of the anger out of me - and looking back now I was really angry. After this I was better able to control myself at home and this time I've been on top of it from day one, still a the occasional incident of short(ish) temper but isn't that what old gits are like normally? I'm 57 btw. I guess what I'm saying is if you're really comfortable with how you're handling this then OK keep with the routine, if not and you've access to something at the Trelisk like our Fountain Centre then try to use it. If the hospital doesn't have such a service then ask on the ward next time you're in, I can't believe that the Cornwall NHS doesn't provide this support, even if it's off-site somewhere. Finally, as I can at last feel the steroids wearing off as the sun comes up, please don't feel that you can't ask me anything if you think it may help you. I'll drop you a PM later with my contact details.
Best wishes to all of you in Cornwall (and Wisborough Green of course). N.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here