Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

I've been following this thread since the beginning but haven't posted since the early days (when I told Cornish to worry about getting better first and suing the NHS second) but I just wanted to say that I've got nothing but respect and admiration for the way both you and Cornish are dealing with all the shit you've got going on. Really sorry to hear that you won't be able to do the Goldstone/Amex walk as I know that, like me, you wanted to do it unofficially for personal reasons.

It's easy for me to say - but keep buggering on. You're both in my prayers.

Hmmmmm...... maybe, just maybe I won't heed the medical advice for once. Very much depends how I'm coping with the chemo by early August and how August 6 fits with my immune system depression.
Will probably mean starting very early from OSR and missing out the Nelson (ffs!) but I really want to do this with our son, in memory of my dad - we both do. You know what it's like for us old gits - there's far, far too much water gone under this bridge.....................
Ta for your best wishes btw.

Good morning Mr H,
Some might look at me so but my "approach" to the cancer has been much the same since being first diagnosed in 2006. It's probably not for everyone but I've worked in the Pharmaceutical Industry all my working life and one disease is just like any other to me. Understand what's happening to you (or try), the treatment being proposed and why, what's likely to happen to you, decide if you want it and if so get on with it pronto. Take an active role throughout but don't piss the doctors/consultants about, record what's happened (that's a real help to the medical team) and get on with your life - I really, really never thought I'd see the Albion leave Withdean but now look. Spookily, some of the drugs I'm given I've even worked on - don't now if that's a good thing though?
The experience HAS also been a wonderful insight into the workings of the NHS and the limitations/inadequacies of the current GP referal/gatekeeper " system", particularly in rural areas. Still, when they're all running about in the future trying to save 50p/patient on some ultrasound treatment then perhaps others will start to see - I just hope it will not be too late for them.
When did you leave Henfield btw?

Knowledge is power, and recording your experiences ...that's interesting and makes sense alright.
I left Henfield about a year and 4 months ago, headed for The Lake District for about 5 months living up there and working at Carlisle United. Then back down South to Lewes for the rest of the year and moved to Stockholm in December. A fairly footloose year or so, but my reason for being in that area of Sussex was my Mother in her last days, so it was a sojourn that was completed.
Now The Albion situation has all taken a changing course since I got back - and seeing that happen has been rewarding to witness and even in a small way be part of.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
God guys you lot have been busy lol. Alex made a good point in one of his posts about getting on with life. Im doing exactly that ive been out and about doing things i never thought i could on chemo within reason. It gets to the stage where you think to yourself that i am in control not cancer. Somedays i dont even think about it. If you let the cancer control your thoughts and feelings you might aswell give in not me though and i think the dirty squatter knows his days are numbered.

God guys you lot have been busy lol. Alex made a good point in one of his posts about getting on with life. Im doing exactly that ive been out and about doing things i never thought i could on chemo within reason. It gets to the stage where you think to yourself that i am in control not cancer. Somedays i dont even think about it. If you let the cancer control your thoughts and feelings you might aswell give in not me though and i think the dirty squatter knows his days are numbered.

Exactly, never become or consider yourself a victim. Are you bearing up ok for the Thursday "delight", how's the cold?

Im not thinking about it too much lol. Im at the tailend of the cold. How are you doing mate?

Glad it's clearing up.
I'm better today although my night sleep pattern is all over the place, was really knackered over the b/h weekend. Blue sky and a nice cool breeze in Alfold this morning, I really don't like the weather to be warm/hot whilst I'm having treatment.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I know how you feel warm weather and chemo doesnt mix lol

I,ll be away for 3-4 days........so if you and 'Alex, Alex Dawson' could refrain from doing anything too stupid.....I'd be very grateful.

PS; Good luck Thursday....hopefully another one done.

jackiefw

May 15, 2011
south coast
good luck tomorrow andrew thinking of you chin up!! been over to mum and dads took over KFC!! dad tried to beat me on the wii with car racing and he did ( well let him win really) lots of love x x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here