Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thats number 4 done with a twist. Because of my fingers they withdrew one of the drugs. Another thing is that i have to have injections self administered everyday for 3days to boost my imune system because it was low. Side effects for the injections are bone pains.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
2 more lots of chemo and you're halfway through your treatment mate. Finishing line will be in sight soon :thumbsup: followed by many beers :cheers:

jackiefw

May 15, 2011
south coast
Glad you got number 4 over with!!! keep drinking the orange juice And fresh fruit if you can to build your immune up!!
Get some rest now take care x x

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
All the best to you Cornish, hope you have a good rest now. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow mate.

Cheers.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Good to hear from you tonight Cornish, neuropathy in the fingers is it? I'll be online at times tomorrrow for a chat but for now, as others have said, get some sleep. Best wishes.

Yeah i didnt think it was that bad but the nurse said i was losing strength as well as feeling in the tips. Got my first injection later which is a pain but has to be done.
Hows things with you mate?

Yeah i didnt think it was that bad but the nurse said i was losing strength as well as feeling in the tips. Got my first injection later which is a pain but has to be done.
Hows things with you mate?
Not bad, I'm re-roofing the shed atm as it'll be fun trying this with a PICC line in my right arm next week. Bored to death with the Murray thread on here (good story in there about ROSM and the Pope though) but wouldn't it be hilarious if he didn't go to Palace after all don't you think? HB&B's latest diatribe against the Green Party is also a bit of a hoot.
How are you feeling after the chemo yesterday and do you still get pain in the veins in your arm? This effect came up at my pre-assessment on wednesday; seems that it's usually down to the pH (ie acidity) of the solution that's being administered and is one of the reasons that I must have a CV or PICC line. Is the self-injection OK, I've had to do this after all three of my ops and have never really found it a problem - family and friends normally choose to leave the room though!
Lunch over now so it's back to the felt and tacks, I'll be back later. Have a good rest and DON'T watch any daytime tele. :thumbsup:

jackiefw

May 15, 2011
south coast
Hiya how you doing how is the cold? Remember try and drink lots of orange juice to keep your strength up!! your doing really well have an early night and have fun with mum and dad tomorrow make sure you get your dad running round for you!!!! lots of love thinking of you always x x x

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not good getting a cold so soon after chemo mate, sure you know the drill regarding such things. Good luck fella :thumbsup:

My family elders always said when the going got rough; "these things are sent to try us".

There's an inherent faith suggested in those words, and in some ways they're a comforting suggestion that one is not alone in their trials, that a person can pass the tests even when it seems everything is being thrown at them.
Sometimes life throws - to try us, but only to make us stronger afterwards.

Keep the resolve you lads (Cs & AAdoo)!

Cornish - don't forget to check your body temp in case of infection as your immune system may be down. Have the hospital advised on this?
Long day for me at the Royal Surrey Hosp today - 9 hours in all but will be less next time. Think I've received enough drugs to pay Glen Murray for a few of weeks. Best wishes fella, as always.

NMH - Thanks for the support (and to everyone else).

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
My missus had colon cancer and beat it, now 25 years on. so chin up M8 it can be beaten, even easier these days - good luck

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cornish - don't forget to check your body temp in case of infection as your immune system may be down. Have the hospital advised on this?
Long day for me at the Royal Surrey Hosp today - 9 hours in all but will be less next time. Think I've received enough drugs to pay Glen Murray for a few of weeks. Best wishes fella, as always.

NMH - Thanks for the support (and to everyone else).

How did it go mate was thinking of you. My temps fine at the moment itsd just a head cold feel a bit better today.

How did it go mate was thinking of you. My temps fine at the moment itsd just a head cold feel a bit better today.

Glad your temp is OK. I didn't sleep much last night, probably due to being pumped full of iv steroid to combat the tiredness yesterday. Very mild headache and nausea at home but if I wasn't having the chemo i probably wouldn't have noticed.
I've a 48hour pump fitted for the 5FU that the community/district nurses come in to remove on wednesday afternoon - must remember to get some picks if she's suitable for posting. The pump's the size of a cricket ball linked to my PICC line by about 0.5m of micro tubing.
Prognosis's not so good though; where the cancer's re-appeared is non-curable so it's all about control, monitoring, different treatment regimens if needed and quality of life now - I work in pharmaceutical drug registration so was expecting to hear this. No need for panic though, I could go on for decades yet.
Medical team not keen on me going to the Amex until the treatment's over due to raised infection risk in crowds and 6th August may be a week or so too early for me. Walking from the Goldstone on the day got a definite "NO WAY you idiot" but maybe we'll go for some car parking as a one off to avoid the P&R buses. Something to ponder on during the summer eh?

Last edited:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Glad your temp is OK. I didn't sleep much last night, probably due to being pumped full of iv steroid to combat the tiredness yesterday. Very mild headache and nausea at home but if I wasn't having the chemo i probably wouldn't have noticed.
I've a 48hour pump fitted for the 5FU that the community/district nurses come in to remove on wednesday afternoon - must remember to get some picks if she's suitable for posting. The pump's the size of a cricket ball linked to my PICC line by about 0.5m of micro tubing.
Prognosis's not so good though; where the cancer's re-appeared is non-curable so it's all about control, monitoring, different treatment regimens if needed and quality of life now - I work in pharmaceutical drug registration so was expecting to hear this. No need for panic though, I could go on for decades yet.
Medical team not keen on me going to the Amex until the treatment's over due to raised infection risk in crowds and 6th August may be a week or so too early for me. Walking from the Goldstone on the day got a definite "NO WAY you idiot" but maybe we'll go for some car parking as a one off to avoid the P&R buses. Something to ponder on during the summer eh?

Thats what annoys me about chemo how it mucks up your own defenses. Im sorry to hear about the prognosis but things change everyday in research so never say never.
Im a bit mythed at the moment on how i got a cold after my last injection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here