Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Fingers seem to be alot better today which is good. Got the bloody sneezes bad today though FFS.
Good news this. I used to keep a diary of any side effects, strange events etc and will do so when my new treatment starts; the oncology team at the Royal Surrey also found the info useful.
You have got yourself a prescription cost exemption card haven't you?

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Good news this. I used to keep a diary of any side effects, strange events etc and will do so when my new treatment starts; the oncology team at the Royal Surrey also found the info useful.
You have got yourself a prescription cost exemption card haven't you?

Yeah ive had it for a while now. very good thing to have.

Yeah ive had it for a while now. very good thing to have.

Good, if you think the sneezing might be hay fever, rather than something more transient like a cold, then ask your GP to prescribe something that's definitely non-sedating - I use Flixonase Allergy inhaler, which you can buy OTC for about £8. If the doctor will/can prescribe it or the POM equivalent then try that for free. One bottle lasts about a fortnight. Any oral anti histamine used to wreck me when I was having chemo - often I'd be asleep all day! Plus you get dehydrated - Piriton is the worst for this (and it's non-specific).

Thats definantly worth knowing i was about to take piriton oops.

Have a read of the patient leaflet, particularly the side effects section and anything about drowsiness. Why not give the GP surgery a call and ask them for advice? Or go down the pharmacy if you're up to it - tbh a pharmacist might be a better bet as drugs are what they're training is all about?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Have a read of the patient leaflet, particularly the side effects section and anything about drowsiness. Why not give the GP surgery a call and ask them for advice? Or go down the pharmacy if you're up to it - tbh a pharmacist might be a better bet as drugs are what they're training is all about?

Or call NHS direct? I find it's a damn site easier to talk to them than get an appointment with any of my GPs.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Me and the mrs are going out for a meal tonight. So i decided to dress up smart and nothing fits me. Ive turned into a skinny runt lol.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can I just say, that 'Cornish Seagull' & 'Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!' are an inspiration to all of us. I read this thread everyday for updates and it helps put my woes in life into perspective.

Hats off to you both.........and the support and help for 'Cornish Seagull', by 'Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!' earns my whole hearted respect.

Keep going, the pair of you.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd like to echo the above comment.

Often it's hard to think of something witty or useful to add to the posts but i imagine there's a whole lot of people following your respective stories and wishing you all the best.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Can I just say, that 'Cornish Seagull' & 'Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!' are an inspiration to all of us. I read this thread everyday for updates and it helps put my woes in life into perspective.

Hats off to you both.........and the support and help for 'Cornish Seagull', by 'Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo!' earns my whole hearted respect.

Keep going, the pair of you.

Thank you means alot. The support and help he has shown is second to none. I hope that i can repay him by helping him get through his treatment like he is me. I dont see myself as an inspiration. Im just having to deal with something that life has dealt me i cant go around it i have to go through it.. When you have a serious illness that could be life threatening im not talking just about cancer but anything you look at life through different eyes every day. I myself no longer feel invincible and when you here of deaths they hit you 10 times harder than normal. When i look back over the last couple of months i think the worst has happened and i got through it im no longer in pain and i have come off all pain relief. When i first saw my consultant i looked at him long and hard and realised that i had to put my life in this blokes hands and i cant do anything about it he was a stranger i had just met. When someting like this happens you dont have many choices most of them are made for you. At the end of the day i can feel myself getting better and stronger and i can see past the illness and the treatment. I WILL get there ive promised my little girl. Thats one choice I made.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ah but the inner strength and character, something you may not even know you had, is just as vital as what the good doctors can do for you. Keep up the fight and enjoy life.

So glad to hear that the pain is so much less now too.

jackiefw

May 15, 2011
south coast
Hi Andrew its aunty jackie dont have a clue in what im doing but makes it more fun. After chatting to your dad he told me about this website so now i can chat. thinking of you and sending you lots of love x x x x

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Another JCL:wink:

Keep being positive Cornish, your doing great, and your ol'man is robbing us at poker each week :lol:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi Andrew its aunty jackie dont have a clue in what im doing but makes it more fun. After chatting to your dad he told me about this website so now i can chat. thinking of you and sending you lots of love x x x x

Hi jackie welcome to the mad house lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here