Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Thats the thing its never the same side effects lol. Something new always crops up and kicks you in the bollocks.

A wise man once told me that orange lucozade was the cure for all things.

He was a lying git mind.

All the best mate.

I just was looking for this thread over 8 pages back, and here it appears at the top of the 1st! :angry: :jester:

Lots of reasons for tingling fingers Cs, maybe you aren't getting much exercise and your circulation is telling you something.
Keep up the FIGHT anyway, nobody expected it would be quick and easy (easy for me to say, but you know what I'm saying) so stay in for the long haul and make it a long haul until you are out of the rough and into the clubhouse, so as to speak.

To paraphrase Shakespeare's Marc Antony, ambition is made of stern stuff.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Kicks in the bollocks? That is one chemo side effect I have never heard of... Mind you Bristol doctors are a strange bunch![/QUOTE

LOL the consultants called ANTON KRUGER he is a miniture south africian dude who is charge of getting me better. I dont think theres many cornish doctors around lol.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I just was looking for this thread over 8 pages back, and here it appears at the top of the 1st! :angry: :jester:

Lots of reasons for tingling fingers Cs, maybe you aren't getting much exercise and your circulation is telling you something.
Keep up the FIGHT anyway, nobody expected it would be quick and easy (easy for me to say, but you know what I'm saying) so stay in for the long haul and make it a long haul until you are out of the rough and into the clubhouse, so as to speak.

To paraphrase Shakespeare's Marc Antony, ambition is made of stern stuff.

Ive kind of likened it to a boxing match im looking at 12 treatments (rounds) ive one 3. 9 to go. The fucker wont knock me out before.

I seem to have a new side effect tingling fingers!. I rang the hospital and they said to monitor it if it gets worse then they will have to do something. What that is i dont know but i wasnt aware that the treatment can damage your nervous system.

Hi there,
I've had this problem (neuropathy) with oxalaplatin, this drug disprupts the nerve endings in your extremities (cheeks, fingers, toes) which gives a tingling sensation in its mildest form; it's much worse in the winter months though due to the lower temperatures. The sensation reduces when the chemo is discontinued and hopefully disappears altogether - I had it for a couple of years after my last course of treatment and they won't give me oxalaplatin now in case the nerve endings get permanently knackered.
Anyway, apart from the tingling and tirdness, how are you? I see your arms are still hurting, have you thought again about having a PICC line fitted?

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi there,
I've had this problem (neuropathy) with oxalaplatin, this drug disprupts the nerve endings in your extremities (cheeks, fingers, toes) which gives a tingling sensation in its mildest form; it's much worse in the winter months though due to the lower temperatures. The sensation reduces when the chemo is discontinued and hopefully disappears altogether - I had it for a couple of years after my last course of treatment and they won't give me oxalaplatin now in case the nerve endings get permanently knackered.
Anyway, apart from the tingling and tirdness, how are you? I see your arms are still hurting, have you thought again about having a PICC line fitted?

Thaey said that they dont like doing the picc or the central line on someone my age due to risk of infection. Apart from the arms and the tingling im not doing to bad. How are you?

Thaey said that they dont like doing the picc or the central line on someone my age due to risk of infection. Apart from the arms and the tingling im not doing to bad. How are you?

I'm OK, over the disappointmnet although my daughter and mother are a bit distraught; probably because I've been "clear" for nearly four years now.
Pre-chemo assessment and blood test is next wednesday, PICC line fitted the following monday morning with the first dose of the oncology cocktail (5FU/Avastin/Irinotecan) in the afternoon. I've had the 5FU twice before with oxalaplatin so know what that does to me, it means having a pump fitted to the PICC or Central line because it's administered over 48 hour period when you're at home. Community nurses then come out and disconnect the pump and clean up the line etc.
When's your next dosing?

Next thursday how long will your treatment be?

Initially a course of six, once a fortnight, then a CT scan to check that it's working and nothing else has appeared. After that, probably another six or a change of treatment regimen if this one's not effective. They're also doing a genetic screen on my original bowel tumour from 4.5 years ago to see if the cancer may be susceptible to gentically targetted therapy, the screening may also show up if there's anything hereditary which will be useful for our two kids.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Initially a course of six, once a fortnight, then a CT scan to check that it's working and nothing else has appeared. After that, probably another six or a change of treatment regimen if this one's not effective. They're also doing a genetic screen on my original bowel tumour from 4.5 years ago to see if the cancer may be susceptible to gentically targetted therapy, the screening may also show up if there's anything hereditary which will be useful for our two kids.

Sounds tough i hope you get through it good and that you dont have anything else pop up. That was my worry about the hereditary stuff but ive been told my type isnt.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Cornish I've been following this thread for some time now. It's been very difficult for me because at around the same time as you, my niece was diagnosed with lymphoma. I wanted to say good luck and chemo really does work because my niece was yesterday told there was no spread and the cancer is being beaten by the drugs. So they do work, it's not easy but it's worth it. Best of luck

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cornish I've been following this thread for some time now. It's been very difficult for me because at around the same time as you, my niece was diagnosed with lymphoma. I wanted to say good luck and chemo really does work because my niece was yesterday told there was no spread and the cancer is being beaten by the drugs. So they do work, it's not easy but it's worth it. Best of luck

Im glad to hear that. The chemo is one of the most sucessfull for lymphoma. Hope things keep going in the right direction for her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here