Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Hi Cornish;
things are looking pretty good for us; in the remission, scans and check up phases and so far so good; and the hair came back very quickly after chemo ended;

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Excellent news buddy. Today is a lovely day i ventured out for a bit now in tired lol. As soon as i see the sun i start to sweat lol.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Just sat here in Mississauga (just outside Toronto) at Evans (Defrocked preist) parents house. Going for a bite tonight with some of the family whom I spoke to on the phone back when everything happened but have never met. Tonights the night! Going to be nice to finally meet these people as I know they have been waiting. Heading round the pub across the street for a few pints and watch the derby this afternoon. Looks like im in England already as its overcast, rainy and cold! Good thing its going to be like 20 degrees when I get over the pond

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hi Cornish, glad you ventured out today mate - I always get jen out the day before chemo (even if it's only to sit in the car and on ditchling beacon in the rain with an ice cream lol). We will all be thinking of you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi Cornish, glad you ventured out today mate - I always get jen out the day before chemo (even if it's only to sit in the car and on ditchling beacon in the rain with an ice cream lol). We will all be thinking of you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Cheers chap nervs are starting to kick in. Treatments fine its just the afters.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
When i saw a bloke i used to work with today. He remarked that i looked well and i didnt look like i had cancer i responded by saying 'What is a person with cancer meant to look like?' he responded with 'errr i dunno someone that looks ill' lol. When i was at the last chemo session there were probaly about 20-30 people having chemo and not one of looked like they had cancer. So my question is what is someone with cancer meant to look like??

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Nerves are good Cornish, it means you respect that your chemo is an extremely aggressive treatment - if you don't respect it then it will catch you unaware and really f*** you up (this is how it was explained to us by both of jens neorologists).

As for 'what is someone with cancer meant to look like', when we go to kings the vast majority of patients in the day chemo ward do look in reasonably good nick but every person there knows within a matter of hours this will not be the case as the chemo attacks and the following days kind of blur into each other.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Thought you left for Blighty today?

Tommorrow at 530. :). Had to come down an extra day early as flights full today! Will be in London Friday morning around 7 am :). Just enjoying some pints watchingthe north London derby and now the copa. Which translates to beer o clock as Cornish has said :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here