Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Stay strong Cornish. Good luck winging its way from Ireland for you. Nasty nasty disease.

If this was boxing match that was round one.

And i score that one to you.

Great to hear the treatment has started mate.

Stregnth brother, stregnth.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good to hear you've taken the first step towards beating this thing, Cornish. Hope you can keep your spirits up as well as you seem to have today for the rest of the fight.

Well done Cornish, I can remember some very long days at the Oncology Day Ward in the RSCH in Guildford during my treatments in 2007. It is worth it in the end, however shit the drugs make you feel.
I don't know if it's applicable to your treatment but I had a CV line fitted just above my heart to make the dosing easier; it also stopped me looking like a pin cushion. You should be able to find details on the "Cancer Backup" or "Macmillan" websites. Hope you have a good night.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The medical fightback has started at last Cornish, keep that positivity flowing buddy and you WILL beat this vile disease. Thinking of you mate, hope you're doing ok today :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Right the day after and so far ive spent most of it in bed. I feel really tired all the time and when i am awake i feel shit. Id love to say that its a breeze and i feel fine it. But ill be lying.

Cornish not good :down:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
as ive said before son dont let this fucker get you down or give it the satisfaction i know its harder than anything i could possible imagine but you will beat it .my wife leaves for home today afetr 6 weeks by his side so i know today is going to be tough but as my m8 arnie said ILL BE BACK. take care son love you always dad and dan.

No despair Cornish, I'd guess that's how it's meant to feel - they say it's no picnic.

But you are a survivor, and even when you don't think you feel that way - something inside tells you how you'll be able to look back on this and say it was really really shit. Which will mean.... you survived and looked back on this.

There's people out here pulling for ya mate, keep telling us how it's going - however bad it feels.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I hadn't read this thread before tonight, so can I add my best wishes and good luck to everyone else's.

I used to live in Wadebridge. Are you going to Treliske for your treatment?

Anyone suggested reading Lance Armstrong's book? His outlook was very poor, but his story is pretty encouraging.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Keep battling, Cornish. We're all rooting for you mate. Can't begin to imagine how awful you must feel at the moment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's good that you can be honest and say it's awful. There's no shame in that. Keep battling away by being as positive as you can in yourself. Everyone of us is on your side.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Evening felt a bit more human this evening had a nice cuddle with the missus while watching tv. It wasnt nice earlier had horrible dreams whilst sleeping felling really tingly . Hopefully ill have a better day tomoz be nice to have a win from the albion.

Thanks for all your messages really good positive stuff.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
God damn chemo making me sleep and miss the game ffs.

Don't worry-you got the pleasure of knowing it was job done when you woke up. If your body needs sleep to let you recover just try and accept it. Better to be asleep than awake feeling sick I would think. One day at a time right now. Don't expect too much of yourself.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I hadn't read this thread before tonight, so can I add my best wishes and good luck to everyone else's.

I used to live in Wadebridge. Are you going to Treliske for your treatment?

Anyone suggested reading Lance Armstrong's book? His outlook was very poor, but his story is pretty encouraging.

Hi yeah im having my treatment at treliske.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here