Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
as i have said before watching your son be very ill is so tough.andrew has come across so strong and he has the determination and will power to beat this .writing on message boards is something new to me dont normally beleive in them rather something like this remain between family ,but if it works and helps andrew then so be it whatever it takes.at least now we no what we r up against and hopefully next week can start to beat the fucker .please keep messages of support comming in we will all need them over the comming months .me and my other son will be at daggers tonight hoping for three more points i cant help but feel guilty not being there every day but just have to keep working to pay bills and keep dan at school .my wife remains by his side and i know that helps .without doubt this has been the most painful month of my life living every day on edge not knowing what to say or think feeling so helpless ,as a family you are tested to your limits.
you have to beat this m8 because i have so much unpaid payback .looking forward to you having a son and you buying him £60 football boots and me saying you dont want them you want £120 boots remember those days m8 chemo is going to be tough but payback is going to be a BITCH love you always dad and dan.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
as i have said before watching your son be very ill is so tough.andrew has come across so strong and he has the determination and will power to beat this .writing on message boards is something new to me dont normally beleive in them rather something like this remain between family ,but if it works and helps andrew then so be it whatever it takes.at least now we no what we r up against and hopefully next week can start to beat the fucker .please keep messages of support comming in we will all need them over the comming months .me and my other son will be at daggers tonight hoping for three more points i cant help but feel guilty not being there every day but just have to keep working to pay bills and keep dan at school .my wife remains by his side and i know that helps .without doubt this has been the most painful month of my life living every day on edge not knowing what to say or think feeling so helpless ,as a family you are tested to your limits.
you have to beat this m8 because i have so much unpaid payback .looking forward to you having a son and you buying him £60 football boots and me saying you dont want them you want £120 boots remember those days m8 chemo is going to be tough but payback is going to be a BITCH love you always dad and dan.

You have to admit i did play better in those boots and won player of the year haha

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Well done Cornish - you're over hurdle one! At least you know who this bar steward is...great attitude and make sure you post on days which aren't so good because if NSC is nothing else there is ALWAYS someone on here to listen to you. (Our responses might not be always expected but we will respond) :lolol:

I've got everything crossed for you for a swift journey to remission through this! I hope your other half is hanging in there too, as your Dad says above its really hard to stand by and feel like you can't do anything.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
From reading your posts you are a fighter
Keep being positive even when things are rough, the highs will eventually outweigh the lows and you will beat this opponent
Keep smiling mate and best wishes

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Watch out peeps im on the oramorph tonight. I decided in my weird state of mind to spend a little bit of my winnings tonight on sky bingo, first atempt spen £1.20 and won the £12 full house and ran lol not a bad day/night at all plus 3points for the blue and whites.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Right you know when a doc says on a scale of 1-10 how bad is the pain right now. Well mines a 9 at the moment and there is sweet FA i can do about it.

Right you know when a doc says on a scale of 1-10 how bad is the pain right now. Well mines a 9 at the moment and there is sweet FA i can do about it.

You are a Seagull mate, you don't get beat
99998-80-webpic-livpalace9-0.JPG
9-0

[yt]dUkDDmzgh-I[/yt]

Last edited:

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Right guys sorry for the late update. I saw my new consultant today his name is Dr Kruger (no jokes please). He said to me that in all the time he has been a hodgkin doc,
28years to be exact. It looks like i definantly have classic hodgkin lynphoma but apparantly i am a rare case because my abdomen lynph glands are the lowest form of cancer called 2b to be exact. My bone cancer which is a form of lynphoma is higher 3/4. They as rule dont go hand in hand. If i just had the abdomen part of the disease the treatmeant would be very low bouts of chemo. Where if Vice versa it would be a more involved treatment. So between me and the doctor we decided to blow this fucker away by given me a highish regime of chemo. So treatment is as follows 1 cycle every 2 weeks with a weeks break. This will continue for the next 6-8 months. Chemo will be ABVD which is made up of 4 different potent drugs that will make me as bald as a coot and most probaly as sick as a dog which they informed they will get under control with yet more drugs bear in mind im already taking a cocktail of morphine tablets and what not to keep the pain from my hip at bay. Hopefully if all goes well i shall be starting next week.
Unfortunatly i am not allowed to participate in any trials due to me not being a routine case. But i will still get what they call a PET scan halfway through the treatment and at the end which they dont offer you unless you are on a trial which is a good thing. But unfortunatly i probaly will not be joining you guys for the first game at our mecca. Its going to be a tough few months but im ready and ive got all my family and friends including you guys supporting me. I promise i will make it to the amex at some point and we can all have a beer even if my hair hasnt grown back by then. Actually that would make me easy to spot lol.

Cheers Cornish

Cornish - it is going to be a tough few months for you but you will get through it and to prove the point I was 4b, had 2 PET scans, a bone marrow test and was on a 2 weekly cycle of ABVD for 6 months. If there is anything you want to know just ask.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cornish - it is going to be a tough few months for you but you will get through it and to prove the point I was 4b, had 2 PET scans, a bone marrow test and was on a 2 weekly cycle of ABVD for 6 months. If there is anything you want to know just ask.
This is exactly what treatment im going to have. How did you find the chemo ive had mixed comments some people get little side effects. Where some people get quite ill on it. How long were the treatments?
Cheers.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right guys sorry for the late update. I saw my new consultant today his name is Dr Kruger (no jokes please). He said to me that in all the time he has been a hodgkin doc,
28years to be exact. It looks like i definantly have classic hodgkin lynphoma but apparantly i am a rare case because my abdomen lynph glands are the lowest form of cancer called 2b to be exact. My bone cancer which is a form of lynphoma is higher 3/4. They as rule dont go hand in hand. If i just had the abdomen part of the disease the treatmeant would be very low bouts of chemo. Where if Vice versa it would be a more involved treatment. So between me and the doctor we decided to blow this fucker away by given me a highish regime of chemo. So treatment is as follows 1 cycle every 2 weeks with a weeks break. This will continue for the next 6-8 months. Chemo will be ABVD which is made up of 4 different potent drugs that will make me as bald as a coot and most probaly as sick as a dog which they informed they will get under control with yet more drugs bear in mind im already taking a cocktail of morphine tablets and what not to keep the pain from my hip at bay. Hopefully if all goes well i shall be starting next week.
Unfortunatly i am not allowed to participate in any trials due to me not being a routine case. But i will still get what they call a PET scan halfway through the treatment and at the end which they dont offer you unless you are on a trial which is a good thing. But unfortunatly i probaly will not be joining you guys for the first game at our mecca. Its going to be a tough few months but im ready and ive got all my family and friends including you guys supporting me. I promise i will make it to the amex at some point and we can all have a beer even if my hair hasnt grown back by then. Actually that would make me easy to spot lol.

Cheers Cornish

Dig deep and hang on in there. I've got everything crossed for you.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
At times this is not an easy thread to read but it must be so much harder to write.

All the best to you, cornish, and to your family. At various times some will waver and find it very hard but others will rally and be strong for eachother.

All the very best to you & yours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here