Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Right guys sorry for the late update. I saw my new consultant today his name is Dr Kruger (no jokes please). He said to me that in all the time he has been a hodgkin doc,
28years to be exact. It looks like i definantly have classic hodgkin lynphoma but apparantly i am a rare case because my abdomen lynph glands are the lowest form of cancer called 2b to be exact. My bone cancer which is a form of lynphoma is higher 3/4. They as rule dont go hand in hand. If i just had the abdomen part of the disease the treatmeant would be very low bouts of chemo. Where if Vice versa it would be a more involved treatment. So between me and the doctor we decided to blow this fucker away by given me a highish regime of chemo. So treatment is as follows 1 cycle every 2 weeks with a weeks break. This will continue for the next 6-8 months. Chemo will be ABVD which is made up of 4 different potent drugs that will make me as bald as a coot and most probaly as sick as a dog which they informed they will get under control with yet more drugs bear in mind im already taking a cocktail of morphine tablets and what not to keep the pain from my hip at bay. Hopefully if all goes well i shall be starting next week.
Unfortunatly i am not allowed to participate in any trials due to me not being a routine case. But i will still get what they call a PET scan halfway through the treatment and at the end which they dont offer you unless you are on a trial which is a good thing. But unfortunatly i probaly will not be joining you guys for the first game at our mecca. Its going to be a tough few months but im ready and ive got all my family and friends including you guys supporting me. I promise i will make it to the amex at some point and we can all have a beer even if my hair hasnt grown back by then. Actually that would make me easy to spot lol.

Cheers Cornish

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow, that's gonna take some strength, but we've seen you've got the right attitude. Glad you and the doc have a plan now. The Amex will still be there when you're ready, and the beer will taste even better. Sleep well, three points tomorrow. :thumbsup:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Right guys sorry for the late update. I saw my new consultant today his name is Dr Kruger (no jokes please). He said to me that in all the time he has been a hodgkin doc,
28years to be exact. It looks like i definantly have classic hodgkin lynphoma but apparantly i am a rare case because my abdomen lynph glands are the lowest form of cancer called 2b to be exact. My bone cancer which is a form of lynphoma is higher 3/4. They as rule dont go hand in hand. If i just had the abdomen part of the disease the treatmeant would be very low bouts of chemo. Where if Vice versa it would be a more involved treatment. So between me and the doctor we decided to blow this fucker away by given me a highish regime of chemo. So treatment is as follows 1 cycle every 2 weeks with a weeks break. This will continue for the next 6-8 months. Chemo will be ABVD which is made up of 4 different potent drugs that will make me as bald as a coot and most probaly as sick as a dog which they informed they will get under control with yet more drugs bear in mind im already taking a cocktail of morphine tablets and what not to keep the pain from my hip at bay. Hopefully if all goes well i shall be starting next week.
Unfortunatly i am not allowed to participate in any trials due to me not being a routine case. But i will still get what they call a PET scan halfway through the treatment and at the end which they dont offer you unless you are on a trial which is a good thing. But unfortunatly i probaly will not be joining you guys for the first game at our mecca. Its going to be a tough few months but im ready and ive got all my family and friends including you guys supporting me. I promise i will make it to the amex at some point and we can all have a beer even if my hair hasnt grown back by then. Actually that would make me easy to spot lol.

Cheers Cornish

Well done on still having the courage to keep us all informed.......and of course, the very best to you when the treatment starts. Hope your partner is coping with all this too.....she must be pretty special, as you are both relatively young.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
She is mate one of a kind. We have a gorgoeus little girl aswell. So ive got to do this for there sake aswell as mine.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
gald to hear they/you have come up with a plan of attack to beat this fucker, wish you all the best for the coming weeks/months mate.....Syd:thumbsup:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Glad to hear you have a plan. I can sense a change in you - you sound focused, up for the fight and with a plan to work to. Your appearance at the Amex is merely delayed but expect a big welcome when you pitch up for the first time.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Took a while to get this far Cornish and I know it's been tough, but you keep taking it a day at a time mate and you will beat this, for you and your family. However long it takes you will get to falmer, we will have that beer :cheers:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You need to get some brownie points in with the missus quickly as after all that, she will have to pick you up after your first match at Falmer as you won't be in any fit state to drive :drink::drink::drink:

Good luck and you know we are all behind you :thumbsup:

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex
Hi Cornish, As you can see from my count I don't post on here that often. I've just read about what you are going through. I think with all of your posts you come across as a determined bugger with a positive attitude. That's exactly what you need matey! I'm convinced we'll all see you at Falmer in a few months time & I for one will buy you a well earned pint! Best of luck, you definitely can beat this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sounds a good plan.
hope it all goes well
be lucky

Hello Cornish old son.

Sounds like everything is moving nicely in the right direction.
Good to see your still positive.

I would like to add that i will not only buy you beer at the first game, i will send you packing with a large bottle of Orage Lucozade...!!!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks guys. I havent had a beer since the beginning of january so im wondering whether to go tee total. So might have to be smoothies guys. But if i was to make an exception i would handle the large bottle of lucozade unlike a certain poster on here not naming names (hillian) lol. In a sick kind of way im looking forward to starting the chemo because i know its when things will start to get better. I feel like a footy player thats on the subs bench warming up ready to go on and score the winner.

Thanks guys. I havent had a beer since the beginning of january so im wondering whether to go tee total. So might have to be smoothies guys. But if i was to make an exception i would handle the large bottle of lucozade unlike a certain poster on here not naming names (hillian) lol. In a sick kind of way im looking forward to starting the chemo because i know its when things will start to get better. I feel like a footy player thats on the subs bench warming up ready to go on and score the winner.

Good stuff mate.

keep strong and positive, and when you don't feel positive come on here and tell us and we'll take over the positve stuff for a bit.

respect.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Hi Cornish,
I posted much earlier on; my boy started on ABVD for 2 sessions and moved on to COPDOC for the next 4 sessions if my memory serves me well; coupled with a trip to the sperm bank before treatment starts! We were 15 days on 13 days off in our cycle and as stated before kept going to the Albion away.
The anti sickness tablets worked for him, we were 2B at the start but subsequently re-assessed as 4D after the PET scan.
There are plenty of bald geezers at the footie so we may not pick you out; don't give up on going to the Amex you will be able to work out where the games fall in the cycle. Keep a diary as to how you feel even if it is just 1/10 or 5/10 scores and you may see a cycle develop.
I went to teenage cancer trust concert last week and 2 16 year old lads came on both HL and both in remission; if you are going to get C then HL is a good one to get as success rates are high.

Good Luck, keep the posts coming, let's hope we are still top of the league in 6 months time!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi Cornish,
I posted much earlier on; my boy started on ABVD for 2 sessions and moved on to COPDOC for the next 4 sessions if my memory serves me well; coupled with a trip to the sperm bank before treatment starts! We were 15 days on 13 days off in our cycle and as stated before kept going to the Albion away.
The anti sickness tablets worked for him, we were 2B at the start but subsequently re-assessed as 4D after the PET scan.
There are plenty of bald geezers at the footie so we may not pick you out; don't give up on going to the Amex you will be able to work out where the games fall in the cycle. Keep a diary as to how you feel even if it is just 1/10 or 5/10 scores and you may see a cycle develop.
I went to teenage cancer trust concert last week and 2 16 year old lads came on both HL and both in remission; if you are going to get C then HL is a good one to get as success rates are high.

Good Luck, keep the posts coming, let's hope we are still top of the league in 6 months time!

I do remember your earlier post your the reason why i have brought a diary and im going to do exactly what you said. Theres always a added worry about the PET scan showing more but im glad i get that halfway through. Im glad you posted again because your first post changed my view completly and has started my positive thinking.
Keep me informed how your lad is doing.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Just to inform you guys that Hodkins lynphoma has a success rate in the 90% area. Ive got age and have know other health issues on my side. So even though the treatments tough as is all chemo i will be treated to cure the illness and not to prolong.

Just too add my old man a little bro shall be joining some of you at daggers tonight. So give doogie004. Real name paul a wave if you see him.

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Have got to say Cornish that your attitude to this is all spot on mate, you're right about the chemo it's all tough but you will find a pattern to how you feel - your mrs will also adapt, and NSC along with the boys in the stripes are all going to be in your corner. So pleased for you that things are progressing :thumbsup:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Cornish you have the best determination and strength I have ever seen from anyone in situations such as yours. Yours is by far the most, for lack of a better term, 'extreme', I have seen and you will power is nothing but extraordinary! We are all pulling for you and look forward to updates as time goes along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here