Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Over the moon with the car, got a zafira 1.7 elite ecoflex but it has the new 2011 spec 125ps engine as opposed to the 110ps, although I can't get anywhere near the alleged 55-60mpg but anything is an improvement on my old t plate 2.5 omega elite auto :lolol:, we did kings last week on just over £20 compared to £45 in the omega :eek:. When you factor in my insurance has gone upto £80 month on the omega it actually saves us money to have the zafira based on the fuel saving and insurance savings alone, although we had a nightmare getting the car authorised as mrs had a scooter on the scheme previously that we had to end the contract on early. All I have to do now is get my plate put on it (which I had to put in womans name lol). Oh and frosts "lost" the car for 3 weeks :laugh:.

Best one to get mate the MPG will get better once the engine has worn in a bit. The trouble is you will never achieve the stated due to those figures coming from a test enviroment. Is it an auto if it is the mpg obviously will be a bit less then a manual. Doesnt sound right a dealership losing a car lol.

Oct 10, 2009
Brighton BN1 6GD
Good luck Cornish...hubby's been through similar - biopsy/cancer/surgery/chemo/radiotherapy combo. Then unconnected to cancer stuff, had leg amputated, then dystonia...we're still positive, still hanging in there and although at times everything is black, bleak and downright crap we've got each other, friends and family....and of course the Albion!! Pain control was a real 'pain' & totally out of control until P. saw consultant anesthetist who in 10 minutues sorted out effective pain control, without side effects. Not out of the woods but looking forward to the Amex, driving, cricket, & normal stuff, despite everything. Sx

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Good luck Cornish...hubby's been through similar - biopsy/cancer/surgery/chemo/radiotherapy combo. Then unconnected to cancer stuff, had leg amputated, then dystonia...we're still positive, still hanging in there and although at times everything is black, bleak and downright crap we've got each other, friends and family....and of course the Albion!! Pain control was a real 'pain' & totally out of control until P. saw consultant anesthetist who in 10 minutues sorted out effective pain control, without side effects. Not out of the woods but looking forward to the Amex, driving, cricket, & normal stuff, despite everything. Sx

Yeah its going to be a long journey but one i have to take can i ask what cancer it was?. How did you arrange to see a consultant anesthetist. I hope everything works out and keep positive and ill see you down the amex.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Best one to get mate the MPG will get better once the engine has worn in a bit. The trouble is you will never achieve the stated due to those figures coming from a test enviroment. Is it an auto if it is the mpg obviously will be a bit less then a manual. Doesnt sound right a dealership losing a car lol.

Its a manual mate, can feel the engine loosening up a little after 800 miles but as I say it's more than twice as good as my old omega!!!

Frosts were quite comical really, they ended up giving us FIVE different dates in all, at one point it had been loaded onto the boat but they had no record of it arriving in this country lol, although after I expained to the manager that I had been an ATS manager locally the storytelling stopped :laugh:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Its a manual mate, can feel the engine loosening up a little after 800 miles but as I say it's more than twice as good as my old omega!!!

Frosts were quite comical really, they ended up giving us FIVE different dates in all, at one point it had been loaded onto the boat but they had no record of it arriving in this country lol, although after I expained to the manager that I had been an ATS manager locally the storytelling stopped :laugh:
yeah honesty in dealerships isnt always expressed as the best policy. Im glad your happy with it there good cars. Ill be honest some of the vauxhalls are a load of cack. But the zafiras are the better ones. especially the elite with all the toys.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Good Good. I need to pop in to work but i havent been up for it. Maybe i can run along with you guys now ive got my crutch lol.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Evening, Just a quick update. I had a phone call from the hospital today and it looks like i have hodgkins disease which is a form of cancer(lynphnoma). They have sent
a tissue sample to london to confirm what sub-type it is. So hopefully it may not be next week but i should be starting treatment the week after. Got my dad and bro down nice to spent the day with them.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Thanks for the update Cornish. Slow progress but progress nonetheless mate, and it sounds like they aren't telling you porkies with regards to timescale either. Try keep the positivity flowing, the 3 of us send you our best as always buddy :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks for the update Cornish. Slow progress but progress nonetheless mate, and it sounds like they aren't telling you porkies with regards to timescale either. Try keep the positivity flowing, the 3 of us send you our best as always buddy :thumbsup:
Cheers mate its happening hopefully i might get the results early next week. But ill take each day as it comes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here