Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NFLs JJ Watt investing in Burnley F.C.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.

JJ :LOL: and his wife are to invest in Burnley F.C. so more U.S. involvement on its way but i guess it's only going to be low key and is certainly preferable to oil State petro-decapitation dollars.
His career was based primarily on the same playing style as Burnley's so I can understand his interest.

"We went to Burnley, we visited the town and we just fell in love. It's such an incredible place" said Mr Watts wife Kealia. :LOL:

I'm not 100% certain they went to Burnley.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looking at the size of the bloke he’d be better off joining out physio team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

JJ :LOL: and his wife are to invest in Burnley F.C. so more U.S. involvement on its way but i guess it's only going to be low key and is certainly preferable to oil State petro-decapitation dollars.
His career was based primarily on the same playing style as Burnley's so I can understand his interest.

"We went to Burnley, we visited the town and we just fell in love. It's such an incredible place" said Mr Watts wife Kealia. :LOL:

American with too much money invests with other Americans investors shock horror.
we know it’s very fashionable at the moment for American millionaires to own part or all of a soccer team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I'm 100% certain they didn't

American with too much money invests with other Americans investors shock horror.
we know it’s very fashionable at the moment for American millionaires to own part or all of a soccer team.
In fairness, this isn't one of those scenarios where they are blindly investing in something they know nothing about.

Well known among those who follow the NFL that JJ, along with being one of the nicest dudes in the sport over the past decade when it comes to his charitable work and fundraising efforts, is a genuine fan of football - albeit a Chelsea fan for his sins. And his wife Kealia is a professional football/soccer player in the states and has played for the US Women's National team.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Why not? There aren’t many venues you can sit on an antique wooden stool and look around you and see snow on the surrounding hills in the middle of spring whilst later walking through a museum dedicated to the 1970’s (town centre) free of charge.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
In fairness, this isn't one of those scenarios where they are blindly investing in something they know nothing about.

Well known among those who follow the NFL that JJ, along with being one of the nicest dudes in the sport over the past decade when it comes to his charitable work and fundraising efforts, is a genuine fan of football - albeit a Chelsea fan for his sins. And his wife Kealia is a professional football/soccer player in the states and has played for the US Women's National team.
“My husband used to be a Chelsea fan”. Says it all really

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They probably visited Hebden Bridge and were told it was Burnley

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Probably visited London and been told that the franchise will be moving there... Camberwell Clarets.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Why not? There aren’t many venues you can sit on an antique wooden stool and look around you and see snow on the surrounding hills in the middle of spring whilst later walking through a museum dedicated to the 1970’s (town centre) free of charge.
Fortunately for the discerning Brighton fan, the wooden seats in the away end were replaced with plastic for our European venture. UEFA rules. So while the home fans in the Cricket Field stand still get to sit on (or stand in front of) wide wooden seats, the away fans are squashed together on the smaller plastic ones that you prefer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here