Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL - Britain or Germany to host regular season game

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2724315

So questions. Is Wembley ready to host a 2007 NFL game? Does the link mean 2008? Would Germany want an NFL regular season game?

Then as a Bills season ticket holder I must ask.... Who would you want to see. For those of you not previously interested in seeing a game this one would be regular season. So not 2 teams full of 3rd string players.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i played at wembley for great britain twice

against germany and holland :cool:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
driddles said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2724315

So questions. Is Wembley ready to host a 2007 NFL game? Does the link mean 2008? Would Germany want an NFL regular season game?

Then as a Bills season ticket holder I must ask.... Who would you want to see. For those of you not previously interested in seeing a game this one would be regular season. So not 2 teams full of 3rd string players.
The Bills. Canada's team. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Whoever plays, I bet their STHs don't have any trouble getting a ticket.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
A couple of Seasons ago Arizona played a 'home' game in Mexico. Was a big success aparently. Hope a bigger team would come here but the larger teams home fans probably wouldn't like it too much.

Praying its Miami tho

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It would be FANTASTIC, but I just have a feeling it would happen in Germany. The connection is NFL Europe, and that has pretty much turned into NFL Germany these days.

I guess it comes down to whether the NFL would see this as taking the game to the fans ... in which case they'd probably go for Germany, or whether they use it as an attempt to get the interest in Britain back-up sufficiently that we DO have an NFL Europe team which can command some following.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Everest said:
Whoever plays, I bet their STHs don't have any trouble getting a ticket.

:lolol:

That's right. And if they keep a London ticket stub, it gets them in to the big, err, New England v New York derby. Or something.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just out of interest, can I ask how much a Bills season ticket is?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would rather have my nads chewed by a rabid rat than sit through 4 hours of tedium.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
I would rather have my nads chewed by a rabid rat than sit through 4 hours of tedium.

An average Albion game, plus the phone-in. Your nuts must be sore!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Soul Finger said:
An average Albion game, plus the phone-in. Your nuts must be sore!

Its comfy cushion city in my house

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

modell

Sep 13, 2005
Brighton
I'm a big Bills fan too and have just been on their msg board. They're all getting pissed off at the thought of missing a home game (they only get 8 a season) and all the travel, time diff etc upsetting the team. Think it would be good for business thou and increase the profile of the NFL in Europe. Plus i'd love the chance to see the Bills @ Wemberlee. Last time i saw them there at the American Bowl we beat the Eagles! :unclesam: Still think Germany has a better shot than us the first time round tho.:down:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Gritt23 said:
Hasn't been announced yet, but 2006, the prices ranged from $270 to $470.

Seating Chart

I pay $1,270 per seat, for that I get to sit in one of the clubs (800/yr license fee). Compared to what you lot pay for the Mighty Seagulls I think I get a pretty good deal.

For those of you who don't like it you must understand in Buffalo it's often more about the 5 hour tailgate party, the game is a great place to sober up!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here