Patriots are having a mare so far

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Take that back, Patriots rocking with a 2 pointer after a TD, down by 3

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It was billed as a grudge match between Ryan and Belichick but it was sweet revenge for the Jets after the recent 45-3 shambles. Great atmosphere in the local bar rammed full of Jets fans.

The whole Brady / Pats thing was getting a bit much with Brady saying it was a great opportunity for the Pats to win another Super Bowl. Most of the TV and Press ‘experts’ in the States were smugly backing the Pats. Don’t you just luv it when these guys crash and burn.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
For a week :lol:

we'll see. we'll see.

though i have just booked flights out on friday back on monday and given that my record is 1-3 this season watching them it should be a forgone conclusion. :( but like lovie said last night a bears packers championship is just how it should be. the packers were awesome on saturday, but grrrrrlacher is ready and waiting. :drink:

glad to see the pats get what they deserved. i enjoyed wes welkers foot interview this week but brady and his arrogance and all the gobbing off they did. the jets are no mugs.

a jets bears superbowl!! :drink:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don’t you just luv it when these guys crash and burn. [/SIZE]

That's one of the many reasons why I love the NFL, that you can never be sure of the outcome. That's what competitive sport should be about.

Well played to the Jets, I really didn't think they would get the better of the Pats.

The Conference games look especially hard to call. Steelers vs Packers Superbowl I reckon, but both games will be crackers and could go either way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we'll see. we'll see.

though i have just booked flights out on friday back on monday and given that my record is 1-3 this season watching them it should be a forgone conclusion. :( but like lovie said last night a bears packers championship is just how it should be. the packers were awesome on saturday, but grrrrrlacher is ready and waiting. :drink:
Yeah now the bravado has died down, it should be a great game.
But it's going to be hyped (dare I say it) more than the Superbowl, it's self.

I can't see either team being able to cope with that, and it's all going to come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.
I really couldn't say who's going to win.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
likewise. the packers were immense against the falcons and everyone who thinks they can turn up and do the same again at soldier field is foolish. starting to get really nervous. $530 face value for a ticket for the game. i thought ken bates prices were bad enough. ha. i think if our o line (our weakest link) can stand up and cutler doesn't keep doing those seven step drops it will be a close game. some of our play calling this year has been way off - hence the d getting to cutler so much but if they can call it right i think it will be a good game. logic points to the packers but with the rivalry, it being at soldier field, it's hard to call. the bears will have to step it up though.

the jets steelers will be great too. if the same jets team turn up that did at foxboro and sanchez plays like he can and is mistake free i can see them going all the way. the steelers are tough to beat at home - if they stuff the run like they normally do sanchez is going to have to perform on third and long. but i just fancy the jets.

gah. i thought my days of being this nervous over sporting fixtures was well passed.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The Packers look surprisingly short to win at Soldier Field at around 1-2 given that they are away from home in such a hostile atmosphere. They were good versus Atlanta but the Falcons were poor, and had the stuffing knocked out of them by the TD just before half time. Market may also be reading too much into Atlanta's No.1 seeding, personally think upsets are more likely in the divisional games as home sides have had a week off and have to face a side that's come through a win-or-you're-out game already.

Don't really fancy the Jets for the same reason, despite having very shrewdly stepped in to back them at 9-1 outright just a week or two before they shot out to 33-1 after getting pummelled at NE. Have had a run for my money, at any rate, and after Sunday, they're finally back at a shorter price than the one I took in November, but I still think they're going to fall at the penultimate hurdle.

Packers 17-20 Bears
Jets 13-17 Steelers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Packers look surprisingly short to win at Soldier Field at around 1-2 given that they are away from home in such a hostile atmosphere. They were good versus Atlanta but the Falcons were poor, and had the stuffing knocked out of them by the TD just before half time. Market may also be reading too much into Atlanta's No.1 seeding, personally think upsets are more likely in the divisional games as home sides have had a week off and have to face a side that's come through a win-or-you're-out game already.

Packers 17-20 Bears
Jets 13-17 Steelers

I don't really see where you're coming from, with this.
The Packers play at Solider Field every year.
Green Bay is further north, and Lambeau is also outdoors.
The Bears had large slices of luck all season, with calls, injuries, and the way the fixtures fell.
All they have beaten is Seattle.

All that said, I'll still not going to call Green Bay, as this match up is such a one off, I don't believe it's possible to call.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I don't really see where you're coming from, with this.
The Packers play at Solider Field every year.
Green Bay is further north, and Lambeau is also outdoors.
The Bears had large slices of luck all season, with calls, injuries, and the way the fixtures fell.
All they have beaten is Seattle.

All that said, I'll still not going to call Green Bay, as this match up is such a one off, I don't believe it's possible to call.

Can show anything with stats, but it's 4-2 to the Bears in six meetings in Chicago from 05-06 season, and the Bears just have the edge in head-to-head since 2004 (though prior to that they hardly had a look-in for three seasons). Just think that it's a very close call, whereas the betting suggests otherwise.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
definitely a close call. but that is how the play offs should be.

superbash ticket applications are open now, the application form is at the bottom of this page
NFLUK.com the nfluk parties are always good, think the indigo2 is a great venue for it, plenty of screens and they run the free bus back into central london at the end.

have applied, but am hoping i might have reason to be in texas on that night :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports