Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL 2010 Season

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Quoted for truth.

The Pack are hitting their stride and Atlanta is a team that can absolutely be had. This might be the best game of the weekend for a neutral. But as a native of Cheeseland I'll be sending the kids from the room early on.

I think that's absolutely right. Other than for people who will delight at Rex Ryan being humiliated (not me, but I do know those people are out there), I think the Cheeseheads at the Dirty Birds will be the game of the weekend.

Must confess though, I was looking forward to seeing how Mike Vick would have dealt with a trip to Atlanta next weekend. Shame that match-up isn't going to happen. Vick on top form, going back to the no.1 seeds, Atlanta Falcons, where it all ended so shockingly, with the winner going to the Superbowl. That was a mouth-watering contest for Conference Weekend. Oh well.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I think that's absolutely right. Other than for people who will delight at Rex Ryan being humiliated (not me, but I do know those people are out there), I think the Cheeseheads at the Dirty Birds will be the game of the weekend.

Must confess though, I was looking forward to seeing how Mike Vick would have dealt with a trip to Atlanta next weekend. Shame that match-up isn't going to happen. Vick on top form, going back to the no.1 seeds, Atlanta Falcons, where it all ended so shockingly, with the winner going to the Superbowl. That was a mouth-watering contest for Conference Weekend. Oh well.

If the Eagles had won they would have played Chicago and the Hawks against the Falcons... Because of the seeding Vick would never have played his former team...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If the Packers beat Atlanta and the Hawks beat Chicago in their own back yard again, then we have a NFC Championship game at Qwest Field!

Yes we are 7-9, yes we were awful for most of the season... but when the playoffs start the season starts from scratch again... history is littered with teams who scrape into a situation and then make the most of it (Denmark in 1992 anyone?)

Indeed, and I'd have no problem with that. Can't subscribe to the views knocking the Seahawks for being there at all. If they're so poor, surely that's just a great stroke of luck for a team like Saints who scrapped their way into the post-season via a Wild Card. As trips to a Divisional winner goes, no-one has EVER had such a favourable match-up. Superbowl Champions at a team with a losing record, lose that and you have no complaints.

If they can now go and win in Chicago for the 2nd time this season, then that's just brilliant, and whatever they get, they deserve.

However, it aint gonna happen. Last time they were in Chicago, Cutler was fresh of a mauling (9 sacks and a concussion) at the hands of the Giants D at the top of their game this season. The O-line in Chicago was in a complete mess, and gave up a further 6 sacks to the Seahawks. I'm amazed at the improvement in the Bears o-line, but there is no denying it. Their pass protection is miles better now, and that gives Cutler the time he need to be hitting his quick receivers. Knox, Bennett and Hester, if you can't take the pass away again, they will hurt you.

Good luck though, I'll always cheer the underdog, especially when their name is so close to Seagulls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For what it's worth.

Steelers v Ravens:-
It's going to be a flag fest!, Pitsburgh edging it 23-17

Pats v Jets:-
Closer than you think, NE's class will finally show, but not till the fourth quarter, 28 - 17

Hawks v Bears:-
This game will tank, Hawks had there big day last week, but the Bears won't impress. 13 - 10, but never close!.

Falcons v Packers:-
I don't think this game will be that close (unlike everyone else), heart says Packers esp with a Champs game at The Bears, but head says they aren't going to get out of the starting blocks 35 - 10. I hope I'm wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Falcons v Packers:-
I don't think this game will be that close (unlike everyone else), heart says Packers esp with a Champs game at The Bears, but head says they aren't going to get out of the starting blocks 35 - 10. I hope I'm wrong.
Looks like I've got a little bit of editing to do.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
What a PERFORMANCE from Aaron Rodgers.

After the 102 Yd TD return by the Falcons, some Packers heads could have dropped. But Rodgers simply led them down the field again to tie it up - and what a massive interception just before half time when it was 21 -14. Instead of reducing the defecit to 4 points by getting in field goal range, the PACK ended up 28-14 at half time.

We want those BEARS next - they should have knocked us out when they had the chance!!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
and what a massive interception just before half time when it was 21 -14. Instead of reducing the defecit to 4 points by getting in field goal range, the PACK ended up 28-14 at half time.

That was a horrific play call, just kick the long FG! 10 seconds left and no time outs, Falcons obviously had to head to the sides so both corners could make a play at jumping the ball knowing even if the got beat all they'd give up was a few yards closer for the FG before the Safety got over to cover.

Pack destroyed them all game anyway but who knows if it'd just been a 4pt game at the half what might have happened!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What an amazing performance from Aaron Rodgers. His ability to hit his man on 3rd downs especially was just phenomenal. Falcons really did have the chance to stop some key drives early. Rodgers was facing 3 and out on each of those opening TD drives in teh 2nd half, but each time he evaded the pressure, and threw a first down. That was just superb stuff, and the Falcons just couldn't stop a drive.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If the Eagles had won they would have played Chicago and the Hawks against the Falcons... Because of the seeding Vick would never have played his former team...

Conference weekend not divisional. Eagles seeded 3, and Falcons seeded 1, would have given the dirty birds homefield advantage. Eagles needing to beat Pack and Bears to get there, seemed very possible to me, as I'm not totally convinced by the Bears. Just can't get all those sacks vs the Giants (and teh Seahawks the week after) out of my mind. I know Tice has done wonders with the o-line since then, but it was just so shocking for a team that ended up seeded 2.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
up early to watch the seahawks destroy the bears today! :clap:

Can't see it, but I would enjoy the irony of the Seahawks HOSTING the Conference Final after all the fuss that was made about a team with a losing record being there in teh play-offs.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Can't see it, but I would enjoy the irony of the Seahawks HOSTING the Conference Final after all the fuss that was made about a team with a losing record being there in teh play-offs.

it would be good, eh? i can't really see it happening myself either, but staying positive and hoping for another killer game for them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here