Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL 2010 Season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Saints are massive favourites, but I don't see it that way.
Get on the Seahawks, large, noisy, outdoor stadium.
Plus the Saints hardly cruised into the play offs.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
The playoff system is flawed – good article in the New York Times. It’s the first time an NFL team (Seattle Seahawks who won NFC West) with a losing record won its division and hosts a playoff game. Both the Giants and the Buccaneers had 10-6 records and deserved to be in the playoffs. It definitely strains credibility for the Saints to travel 2,000 miles to play a 7-9 divisional winner and everybody outside Washington State know it.

Everybody inside Washington state knows it too, but we won't complain!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
it was only a matter of time before a losing record team won their division. i am not sure what the answer to it is though. it's a flawed system for sure (on many levels)

i'm definitely on the seahawks. the saints are without ivory and thomas, i took the seahawks at 6/1 earlier this week.

colts
ravens
eagles
seahawks

for me.

hopefully the eagles will dispose of the packers and we won't be left ruing the decision on sunday to not actually play ball.

going to be a great weekend. early kick off at arsenal tomorrow, few beers, back in time for the two nfl games, two nfl on sunday and then an all nighter on monday to watch the bcs championship.

go ducks! two offences averaging almost 1,000 yards a game, it should be a quick game. i think the ducks d is slightly stronger and hopefully that'll see them finish on top. will be a good game and well worth a watch if any of you are at a loose end at 1.30am on tuesday morning.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Seahawks and Jets through.

My money was on Manning and the Saints to progress.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Saints are massive favourites, but I don't see it that way.
Get on the Seahawks, large, noisy, outdoor stadium.
Plus the Saints hardly cruised into the play offs.
No need to thank me! :lol:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Come On Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Philly!!!

michael_vick_eagles-216x300.jpg

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
go ducks! two offences averaging almost 1,000 yards a game, it should be a quick game. i think the ducks d is slightly stronger and hopefully that'll see them finish on top. will be a good game and well worth a watch if any of you are at a loose end at 1.30am on tuesday morning.

Very nice call on the Seahawks, hope you made some money out of it. Definitely staying up for the BCS, watched a lot of College Football this season. Can't see past Auburn though, Cam Newton has dismantled every D he's coming up against. 73 is a shockingly high total, so will be on the Under and Auburn.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
ha ha. nevermind the bears worrying about if they should have knocked the packers out when they had chance, we need to find our way past the seahawks first. they beat us at solider field earlier in the season and while they are awful on the road we can't even think ahead to what might follow.

i just hope the auburn oregon game lives up to the hype, seagull tim.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Not the shootout that was expected and the under cashes easily :rave:

I think the better team won in Auburn, freshman running back Michael Dyer bossed it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shame the Ducks lost, but of the two teams I thought Auburn were more in control of their play and were the better team. It still ended up a classic encounter even if not for the reasons expected. Looking forward to Oregon opening their account against LSU next season, slightly more demanding opponents than New Mexico i'd wager.

This weekend's playoffs look like a pretty interesting round of games especially in the AFC The Jets/Pats Ravens/Steelers should be mighty clashes.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jets were lucky with their last second clincher against the colts - but I just cant see them beating the Pats after that embarrassing 45-3 loss. Rex Ryan has already started the mind games laying into Tom Brady in the press. Ryans record is an impressive 23-13 in his first 2 years with Belchick 13-19 with his first 2 years at the Browns. Belchick has 3 Superbowl victories under his belt, but didn't make the playoffs until his 4th season. Sunday is going to be interesting!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What do we reckon for this weekend then? I'll start ......

Jets @ Pats. Just HAS to be the Patriots doesn’t it? They absolutely tore them apart about 6 weeks ago in the regular season, 45-3, and I don’t see that so much has changed since to give the Jets a shot. It’s not as if the Pats won that game via one WR match-up with Revis inj. No, Revis played, AND Brady threw 4 TDs to 4 different receivers. That, for me, is what makes this a really tough match-up for the Jets. They LOVE someone like the Colts or the Texans, throwing mainly to one receiver. Stick Wayne or AJ on Revis Island, and see what else they have. But who do you put Revis on vs the Pats? Welker? No way is Revis coming inside and picking up the slot receiver. Nor is he covering either of the TEs. Danny Woodhead is not an option either. That leaves Tate and Branch as the wide-outs, so he will take Branch out of the game, but that’s a great trade-off for the Pats, as the best CB in the game taking Branch out of the passing attack is really a very minor loss to the Pats. I just can’t see how the Jets can even keep this close, as the leaky part of the Pats defence has been the pass game (ranked 30th), not the run game (ranked 11th), so does that mean the Jets have to put their hopes in the passing of Sanchez, and move away from the run in this game? Can’t see it being close, 27-10 Pats for me.

Ravens @ Steelers. This will be a tight game, and there really isn’t much between the sides at all. The Steelers will probably shut down the run game, because they normally do, but Ray Rice is as hard as anyone to shut down, so that’s not a given. However, the Ravens pass game is pretty dangerous as well, with a great set of receivers, and the mostly like next man into the top level of QBs for me. Flacco looks excellent, seems to have it all. Having said that, the Steelers have made a habit of winning tight games the last few years, and I think they’ll just about do it again. In a tight game it’s often that one big play that blows the game wide open. Ben to hit Mike Wallace on a deep one to be the difference at some point. Close one though, 17-14 Steelers.

Seahawks @ Bears. Great effort from the Seahawks to this point. Not only making the post-season, but sticking it to the knockers who complained about a 7-9 team being in the play-offs, by knocking off the Superbowl Champions. But the ride ends here. The last 2 games (both effectively play-off games) were tremendous efforts, done with the assistance of home field advantage. That was a considerable advantage, and one they not only lose, but hand over to their opponents, who have a very distinct advantage at Soldier Field, due to weather, pitch that chops up, as well as the partisan atmosphere created. Add that into the clear advantage the Bears have in terms of talent, as well as having the additional weeks rest, and I can’t see this one being close. 34-10 Bears.

Packers @ Falcons. Very interesting, VERY interesting. All season I’ve seen the Falcons play well. They run it well, they have a nailed-on future HoF TE, and in Roddy White one of the best WRs out there. Ryan is probably the closest to Flacco in the race to be the next one to step up to the elite status at QB, as like Flacco, he seems to have it all, and composure beyond his years. The defense is solid, and consistent, only giving up an average of 18 points this season, only 4 times more than 21 points, only 5 times giving up less than 17 points. When the defence is that predictable, an offense that scores an average of nearly 26 is up by a TD each and every week. Also, all season, I’ve seen a Packers team performing extremely well considering their run game was taken away from them in week 1. Add the loss of Finley half way through the season, and it’s been a pretty fine effort to make the post-season. Then suddenly the play-offs come along, and their defence keeps Vick to under 300 yards, McCoy to under 50 yards, while their offence finds a RB. 23 of the 29 carries out of the backfield were taken by Starks (Jackson and Kuhn had 3 each!) and he put up 123 yards. He looks like a great find, and suddenly that gives them a genuine hope. What was a gunslingers chance with Rodgers back there, is suddenly a rounded attack. When I saw Quarless take in a couple of passes for more than 10 yards as well, then suddenly they could well have the lot. This one is a coin toss for me, but if I had to put my name to one over the other, I would just about shade it to the Falcons, but they need to stop Starks to do it. 24-21 Falcons.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Jets have been talking way too much shit. I hope TB destroys them.

Also hopoe it snows. Sanchez won't be able to handle those conditions.

GO PATS!

GregX

Aug 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN USA
Hello Bears, can you see us, you should have knocked us out when you had the chance.

Quoted for truth.

The Pack are hitting their stride and Atlanta is a team that can absolutely be had. This might be the best game of the weekend for a neutral. But as a native of Cheeseland I'll be sending the kids from the room early on.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If the Packers beat Atlanta and the Hawks beat Chicago in their own back yard again, then we have a NFC Championship game at Qwest Field!

Yes we are 7-9, yes we were awful for most of the season... but when the playoffs start the season starts from scratch again... history is littered with teams who scrape into a situation and then make the most of it (Denmark in 1992 anyone?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here