Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL 2010 Season

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
so an oregon auburn bcs. i don't mind auburn, but much prefer the ducks. their mascot is a nut, went to a game at autzen about four years ago and their fans were great fun. my mizzou tigers finished 10-2. we'll play iowa in our bowl game. hoping espn show more of the 'lesser' bowls over here this year. we'll get the bigger ones but always hit and miss with the others.

and the bears 9-3. just unfortunate that the nfc west is such a rubbish division, going to be 3 decent teams going after the two wildcard spots. while the rams or seattle get through because you only need to be able to spell your name properly to get the play offs there. we have a tough end to the season patriots and jets at soldier field, vikings at minnesota inbetween those two games and then we finish at green bay. green bay have detroit, patriots the giants and then us. i fancy us to win the division though.

Is that the same Hawks who beat the Bears in their own stadium?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
the very same.

gotta throw some love into the duffers division occasionally.

watched the pats and jets last night. the jets well and truly got it stuck up and at them. ha.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you are going to get gubbed 45-3 nothing like doing it in front of millions on Monday night prime time TV

Jul 7, 2003
So McD gets the sack in Denver to the delight of many fans. He was never a popular choice with the fans although I feel some of his decisions will leave a positive legacy (the conversion of Dumerville, drafting of Moreno to name but two). Sad to see such a proud organisation in such a state but Bowlen was always taking a big risk on an untested head coach - reckon he will go safety first next time. Lots of talk about Kubiak coming back if (when) the Texans get rid of him. More interesting is the possibility of Jon Gruden being made head coach given his past Raiders connection.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could always listen to the live game commentary on 5-live Sports Extra.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i thought 5 live only did a 9pm game commentary. i have the gamepass so stay far away from sky sports unless the bears are on and we watch at my brothers. i have seen the red zone in the past though and they skip from game to game, play to play and you have to really pay attention to keep up on what is going on well, i like to get involved in the games and see why the redskins special teams are so hideous or why brady is able to get 369 yards and you just don't get to see the whole picture when you are only seeing the touchdowns or other big plays.

luckily they weren't playing at minnesota yesterday when the roof fell in, if they'd been lined up underneath that when the snow came crashing through it doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened. the crazy thing is that inflatable roof has failed three times before under heavy snow - surely this is now four times too many. i know they want to move away from the metrodome and they don't always get blasted with 17inches of snow in such a short space of time but it just seems a dangerous risk to keep taking. they reckon they'll have it all fixed up for next weekend.

free admission at ford field tonight if anyone happens to be in the neighbourhood.

purposely skipping over the bears result. at least the packers lost too.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
As an NYG fan, i can only feel somewhat embarrassed that we have lost tonight after being 31-10 up. The losing(winning if Eagles fan) punt return was just a farce. And although i feel we have a better team and squad now than when we won the Superbowl three years ago, i just feel that even if we can scrape a wildcard we will be due a poor game which will result in a loss and obviously no chance of winning!

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
another packers loss which is great news for da bears. we're playing out at the golden gophers ground tonight against the vikings, be freezing. perfect weather for a bears de-fense. hopefully.

the giants blew that one away. no one but themselves to blame, punting straight into jackson's hands?!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants fan in the office is almost suicidal, says it’s their worst ever defeat. Just as well the Jets won and saved New York from complete humiliation.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
lets go bears! nfc north champions.

wootten absolutely smashed favre into the solid turf, he didn't return, surely that has to be it?!

big dev took the punt all the way back, 14th time in his career, new nfl record.

great stuff.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Extremely impressive first start from Tebow so far, even with a very limited run game.

Personally, I'm a fan of his, and think he has the attributes to be very very good. I saw a few of his college games, and yes he was holding the ball low and had a slight slow release, but it looks like he's worked on that, and I can't see it being a problem. Also, whenever I hear him interviewed he is so driven, so determined to succeed that the guy WILL work to improve, and develop. For all the physical attributes (and he's got plenty of them too) so much of a players success in the NFL is down to their attitude, and particularly their attitude to work. That's why Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell failed, and equally, in my view, it is why Tebow will make it.

Go Tim!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sky to show red zone in weeks 15, 16 & 17 instead of a live 6pm game.

Not sure I like this. I love watching a full live game and there is more to the game than just TD's

NFLUK.com - News List - Sky to air Red Zone

I'm quite surprised by that, as the last weeks of the season will throw up all or nothing games. Teams faced with "must win" to secure a play-off spot, maybe up against teams faced with the same scenario, they are GREAT games. I'd want to watch that from start to finish, rather than just getting a snapshot of teh game when one team gets into the red zone. The game, and thereby the season could be coming down to a crucial 3rd and 4 in midfield, or a team battling to reach field goal range, or a game suddenly getting blown wide open by a big play. All of which is outside the Red Zone, and we'll not see live because we are busy seeing if Jahvid Best can score from 5 yards out for the Lions in a dead game.

I can see the fun of the Red Zone, but it should be an option on the red button IMHO, which I would probably go to whenever the "live" game wasn't living up to much, where one team has run away with it. But to have it over a crucial make or break game in the final week of the season, just doesn't make sense to me.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
The game, and thereby the season could be coming down to a crucial 3rd and 4 in midfield, or a team battling to reach field goal range, or a game suddenly getting blown wide open by a big play. All of which is outside the Red Zone, and we'll not see live because we are busy seeing if Jahvid Best can score from 5 yards out for the Lions in a dead game.

Well after my initial reservations it actually turned out to be quite enjoyable, i can see how in the States where its done with no ads (I presume its PPV) it would be really good.

You obviously didn't see the coverage then mate because they regularly cut to the important plays. Red Zone is really just the name of the show, its actually very well produced and swings around to all parts when there will be or has been an important play. I could certainly get used to watching that at 6 then a proper game at 9

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
red zone has been cancelled guys. be on the red button from now on.

the outrage on nfluk after they tried it puts any ticketing debacble on here to shame ;) apparently kev and nick hated it as well.

two live games back on sky for the rest of the season. da bears have slotted in to this sundays cancelled red zone slot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here