Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL 2010 Season

Jul 7, 2003
Your run in is so difficult you'll still end up 7-10.
And yet another division title for the Packers.

I'm assuming that they will lose in the wild card game to get a 7-10 record with a 16 game regular season:p

As a Bronco's fan I still live in the very vain hope that we will build on the thrashing of KC last week to get to an 8-8 record which might be enough to win the woeful AFC West this year. Of course, after we get stuffed by the Bolts on Monday Night Football that will look like even more unlikely but you have believe in miracles:laugh:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
oh yeah, we're going no where. our run game is way too stuttery and never really gets going, cutler is either concussed and doesn't know what day it is thanks to an o line that doesn't always do it's job or he is lobbing long balls around like he has an arm from the manning family when he clearly has an arm from a hobbit. there is a lot wrong at soldier field right from the top down but i've said the same thing about lovie for the last two seasons, hopefully this is his last. and he can take martz and the mccaskeys with him when he goes.

i still think the ravens are a decent shout for the superbowl.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Jets Texans game made for great telly viewing. The Jets blew a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter but went on to win 30-27 with a last gasp touchdown drive by Mark Sanchez and a game winning grab by Santonio Holmes in the last 10 seconds Starting to look like Groundhog Day with this being the third consecutive game in which the Jets have left it to the last minutes to grab a win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kiss goodbye to Favre.
One to many big boy, no chance to will I/won't I, you won't even be asked back.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Kiss goodbye to Favre.
One to many big boy, no chance to will I/won't I, you won't even be asked back.

That will give him more time to defend the 'lewd and suggestive' texts he allegedly sent :lol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i don't like favre but he was a great qb and it's sort of a bit sad to see his career end up this way. if he'd just retired one of the (many) times he said he was he'd have gone out with his head held high, instead it's been like watching a dog dying a slow death and the vet standing by not willing to put him down.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A feast of NFL games for Thanksgiving. Patriots and Lions at 12.30 then after all the turkey and pumpkin pie the Saints and Cowboys at 4.15. Waiting to see if the Jets pull off a last minute victory against the Bengals for the 4th game running.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Can't see the Bengals still being in the game in the last minute against the Jets. Anyone give the Jags a shot away at the Giants on Sunday?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
After their last game against the Texans the Jets seem to like making life difficult for themselves so I wouldn’t rule anything out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Put your money on the Lions.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Can't see the Bengals still being in the game in the last minute against the Jets. Anyone give the Jags a shot away at the Giants on Sunday?
yup. they're without smith and nicks, have swapped jacobs in and don't really look convincing anymore. i think the jags have more than a shot.

and no chance for the lions against the pats!

looking forward to tonight. i'm brining a turkey to really get into the spirit of things.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A bit of NFL trivia. Which 2 pro football teams play every Thanksgiving? The Dallas Cowboys and the Detroit Lions

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
that stadium is awesome. we got that email from nfluk/thompson about going to the superbowl there - would be one hell of an experience. £2.6k without flights and the packages sold out fast. crazy. one day... shame dallas are so awful. well, not a shame because i hate then but that stadium, the superbowl, it'd have just been a nice story. ha.

once the pats got into their groove that win was only going one way.

billy mays. what's happened to florida this year?! oregon are immense. be interesting to see what happens bcs wise with tcu/boise.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
8-3. still ticking along.

a fan died at soldier field on sunday, fell off a ledge. awful.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Not a good year for Florida. Hope for better next year but there is a lot of work to do. Tickled pink that Boise finally lost so we don't have to listen to that crap anymore. Honestly - who do they actually play? Oregon vs Auburn will make for an interesting National Championship. I actually quite like Auburn but seem to be in a minority of one here in SEC land with that view!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
so an oregon auburn bcs. i don't mind auburn, but much prefer the ducks. their mascot is a nut, went to a game at autzen about four years ago and their fans were great fun. my mizzou tigers finished 10-2. we'll play iowa in our bowl game. hoping espn show more of the 'lesser' bowls over here this year. we'll get the bigger ones but always hit and miss with the others.

and the bears 9-3. just unfortunate that the nfc west is such a rubbish division, going to be 3 decent teams going after the two wildcard spots. while the rams or seattle get through because you only need to be able to spell your name properly to get the play offs there. we have a tough end to the season patriots and jets at soldier field, vikings at minnesota inbetween those two games and then we finish at green bay. green bay have detroit, patriots the giants and then us. i fancy us to win the division though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and the bears 9-3. just unfortunate that the nfc west is such a rubbish division, going to be 3 decent teams going after the two wildcard spots. while the rams or seattle get through because you only need to be able to spell your name properly to get the play offs there. we have a tough end to the season patriots and jets at soldier field, vikings at minnesota inbetween those two games and then we finish at green bay. green bay have detroit, patriots the giants and then us. i fancy us to win the division though.
Plenty of pundits had The North as a 9-7 winning division, more like 12-4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here