NFL 2010 Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seeing 'America's' team Dallas always makes me smile, seeing Atlanta in a probably false position be top in the NFC South is a bonus.

But it's no League One is it ?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Changing the subject to College Football (as I'm wont to do) Saturday sees the forces of goodness in the form of my beloved Florida Gators take on the classless inbred pieces of shit (the Georgia Bulldogs). Can all NSC American Football fans give a nice "Go Gators" in the hope that good prevails over evil? Three defeats on the spin and the wheels coming off in general have us Floridians a bit nervous. Tell me it's going to be alright!!

The Florida Georgia game has been advertised at the local Brit pub (3.30 on CBS) so will be keeping an eye on it, the commentator was saying it’s the first time since ’99 that the Gators have lost 3 on the trot. The Michigan State / Iowa game is on at the same time on ABC and looks more interesting because if Michigan State can win they will be in a good position to run the table

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We've sacked Wade Phillips then .... just a shame Garrett has got the job and not been sacked with him.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
after that loss, could even Jerry have still kept him. The positive is that Garrett, like or loathe has half a season to prove or hang himself and the Cowgirls can get back to overhyping themselves next preseason..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
after that loss, could even Jerry have still kept him. The positive is that Garrett, like or loathe has half a season to prove or hang himself and the Cowgirls can get back to overhyping themselves next preseason..

I would be amazed if Garrett proves to be any good whatsoever. The problems this season started with the offensive play-calling for me. We should have a phenomenal three-headed run attack that rivals that of the Giants a few years ago when they won the lot. Barber / Jones / Choice superb. That gets established, opens up the passing lanes for Romo to hit his targets.

We actually did offer a bit more of a balanced attack against the Texans, and guess what ... we won! then Romo goes down injured, and week 8 we still didn't run, we left the ball in the hands of Kitna.

Ok, the Pack game was never going to be a game we run loads after shipping 28 points in the 2nd Qtr, but time after time we've left the run far too quickly under Garrett. His play-calling has been awful, and he must take some of the responsibility for the penalties on offence that have cost us week in week out this season. Ill-disciplined play, leading to penalties is a result of bad coaching. That is him every bit as much as it was Phillips.

Reality is (hopefully) that Garrett was always the HC-elect, and this is the chance he's always been promised, but hopefully it's just a short period in which JJ can turn to in january and say, "You had your chance and didn't show enough. Sorry Jason, but I'm bringing in Bill Cowher."

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
quiet thread this season.

awesome performance last night from vick, just finished watching it online. wonder how the giants will defend against that next week?

bears doing better since we came home. 6-3, top of the division for now. we're the thursday night game this week @dolphins.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
How about them Jagwars!! Quick recap on the end of Sundays win for anyone interested....

Scobee misses a FG with just over a minute on the clock.
Texans take over at their own 30 - will they/won't they get in FG range.
Looking good for them until a false start call pushes them back 5 yds and out of range.
Try to run the ball to set up a chance to win it with FG BUT - ball gets stripped - d'oh!
Jags get it back on own 40 with 9 seconds left. Complete one pass and get out of bounds.
Ball on 45 with 3 secs left. Offsides call on Texans.
Ball on 50. Garrard throws a Hail Mary. Ball batted down in end zone but straight into the hands of Mike Thomas (Jags WR) at the 1 yd line. Juggles but clings on and steps over to win the game.
And breath....

If I live another 50 years I doubt I will ever see another finish like that.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
How about them Jagwars!! Quick recap on the end of Sundays win for anyone interested....

Scobee misses a FG with just over a minute on the clock.
Texans take over at their own 30 - will they/won't they get in FG range.
Looking good for them until a false start call pushes them back 5 yds and out of range.
Try to run the ball to set up a chance to win it with FG BUT - ball gets stripped - d'oh!
Jags get it back on own 40 with 9 seconds left. Complete one pass and get out of bounds.
Ball on 45 with 3 secs left. Offsides call on Texans.
Ball on 50. Garrard throws a Hail Mary. Ball batted down in end zone but straight into the hands of Mike Thomas (Jags WR) at the 1 yd line. Juggles but clings on and steps over to win the game.
And breath....

If I live another 50 years I doubt I will ever see another finish like that.

Don't know what the DB was doing as it looked an easy pick. Can only think that he was worried about being hit and fumbling on his way down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't know what the DB was doing as it looked an easy pick. Can only think that he was worried about being hit and fumbling on his way down.
DB training 1.01.
When in your end zone get the ball on the ground, never catch it, just ground it.

Questions are being asked of his fellow backs, who didn't lay a glove on the scorer.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Don't question it. Just enjoy it! The Jags are 5 and 4 and home to Cleveland this Sunday. In the first season for a few years where the Gators have been ordinary I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
quiet thread this season.
I know. I've been keeping it quiet but:

AFC West Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
Oakland Raiders 5 4 0 .556 235 188 47 24 4-1 1-3 3-0 1.000 3-2 .600 2-2 3W 4-1
Kansas City Chiefs 5 4 0 .556 212 194 18 25 4-0 1-4 1-2 .333 4-4 .500 1-0 2L 2-3
San Diego Chargers 4 5 0 .444 239 197 42 29 3-1 1-4 0-2 .000 3-3 .500 1-2 2W 2-3
Denver Broncos 3 6 0 .333 203 252 -49 24 2-3 1-3 1-1 .500 2-5 .286 1-1 1W 1-4

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
lets go bears. 16-0 and a 7-3 record. miami had the third string qb and an o line that was disastrous, but we can only beat what is put in front of us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Who do people think look the best value bets currently in what is a WIDE open season?

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/superbowl/winner

8/1 to 12/1 just covers so many it's incredible. I do like the look of taking a bigger price with the view of maybe laying it if they get to the play-offs.

I quite fancy the Titans at 25-1, they could conceivably go all the way, whereas the 49ers and Raiders both at 80-1 available look tremendous value. Both could very well win their divisions, and although I may take some convincing that they could go much further than that, play-offs are incredibly tight, and just takes someone to get hot for a month and who knows .....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lets go bears. 16-0 and a 7-3 record. miami had the third string qb and an o line that was disastrous, but we can only beat what is put in front of us.
Your run in is so difficult you'll still end up 7-10.
And yet another division title for the Packers.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Every time I think the Bears are starting to look dangerous I seem to catch a game where Cutler gets sacked play after play, and I end up writing them off again. Can't see them getting very deep into the play-offs unless they can sort that out. The D is good, but the Fins are badly beaten up, so this doesn't reflect what you'll do in the next few games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports