Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year's ST Prices / Travel Vouchers.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Stewards could stand there with an electronic card reader as people get on the P&R so it is used much like an Oyster card is in London. If train condustors can issue tickets on the train this cannot be too difficult

But it would be, they cant even load the buses properly

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I would have no problem with the travel voucher being included as part of the season ticket because I use the train but why penalise those who do not use public transport? The rail service must be losing so much money by not checking tickets / vouchers properly but that's their problem not the club's.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would have no problem with the travel voucher being included as part of the season ticket because I use the train but why penalise those who do not use public transport? The rail service must be losing so much money by not checking tickets / vouchers properly but that's their problem not the club's.

They could VERY easily make it the club's problem.

By checking every ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are we back to this again............

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The rail service must be losing so much money by not checking tickets / vouchers properly but that's their problem not the club's.

I would imagine the rail and bus services (not P&R) do not lose anything as they will have no doubt agreed a set fee at the start of the season

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The focus of the thread so far has been only about travel vouchers. On the OP's first point, I doubt they will announce ST prices until its a lot clearer as to which division we are going to be in as can/will charge more if in Premiership!

I would guess Easter (6 games to go) at the earliest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt the answer to pay the train companies for vouchers received or collected and have the bus reader that reads free travel cards read the vouchers in exactly the same way. They would both soon get their house in order if it cost them lost money and it wouldnt be too time consuming for a ticket collectors to collect the tickets at Falmer station coming from and going home. It would just mean people not leaving it till the last minute to get to the stadium. The same could be done at the P & R as people get on the bus. I have been asked to show my ticket by an inspector on most journey between Lewes and Haywards Heath.

I was told by the chap in the ticket office this morning that the last payments has been taken and renewal notices will be coming out very soon within the next 4 weeks probably in order to be returned before the April payment is due.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would be quite happy for my DD to continue and see it adjusted once next seasons prices are agreed, much like my utility D/D's

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Taking away the issue of Travel Vouchers for a moment, and assuming we're in the same division, I'd hope for the same prices as this year.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

The rail service/bus service are not losing money as they get a fee based on total attendance divide by an agreed ratio.

The people missing out are the club who are paying these people (and the hire of park and ride buses) but are not getting the money in from voucher sales.

We had this debate before and there are ways that those who cycle could get something in return (exchange travel voucher for programme or pie) and those that live nearby and walk can be exempt. However those that park and walk or get dropped off I'm afraid should pay as it will cover the extra stewarding, police costs etc that is incurred as a result of this.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The rail service/bus service are not losing money as they get a fee based on total attendance divide by an agreed ratio.

The people missing out are the club who are paying these people (and the hire of park and ride buses) but are not getting the money in from voucher sales.

And those who travel by train may have noticed that the staff use clickers at the end of the game so I'm sure they know full well how many people travel that way. Our stewards appear to do the same on arrival so again I guess the club also knows this information.

I appreaciate this is not an exact science of course as many will buy normal tickets.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
If bus travel is to be included in the season ticket price how will senior citizens be treated who receive free bus passes?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If bus travel is to be included in the season ticket price how will senior citizens be treated who receive free bus passes?

Obviously be totally treated with contempt by the club like everyone that has paid already, walked or cycled - fair world isn't it.

I can imagine this will be very bad PR if introduced.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The focus of the thread so far has been only about travel vouchers. On the OP's first point, I doubt they will announce ST prices until its a lot clearer as to which division we are going to be in as can/will charge more if in Premiership!

I would guess Easter (6 games to go) at the earliest.

This is true, the question is are we paying Championship or L1 prices this season ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here