Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Sussex team in teh football league

Next sussex team to get into the football league?

• Total voters

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
None of them could make it pay, league two is very Northern these days.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
whitehawk, but will take a long time, at least 10-15 years

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Aldershot have managed to get up and consolidate, and made the play offs the other year with a part time team. You would think Eastbourne have the best and most stable set up, would Broadfield or Priory Lane be up to the required standard pf ground.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
where is the "none of them" option?
I really don't think there will ever be another sussex club in the league as none appear to have the prospect of financial security required to develop on and off the pitch

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
Crawley, they finished 9th last season, and pushing for slightly better this season, one year they will get in to the play offs or get a promotion spot i'm sure.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have not heard that, wonder what Jon Cat would have to say, imagine having a two club town/city.

That's the rumour flying about in the county league. When we go to Falmer they will take on Withdean and the current ground will be developed into houses.

Dunno how true any of that is but there must be some reason the fella is pumping all of his dosh in?

Don't think John Catt would be too bothered they've always had poor crowds even this season (35 v Chichester Sussex County Football League).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that I will ever see another Sussex club in the Football League unless one of the smaller clubs found a sugar daddy and mpoved into Withdean but even that would take about 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here