Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next six games

How many points will be get from the next 6 games?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 2.4%

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 7 4.2%

Votes: 16 9.6%

Votes: 20 12.0%

Votes: 21 12.7%

Votes: 39 23.5%

Votes: 19 11.4%

Votes: 15 9.0%

Votes: 8 4.8%

Votes: 3 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
13 points I reckon. Lose to Chelsea and no score draw at St Marys.

We'll win the rest, regardless of whether we get in a striker or not.

Performances are slowly and steadily improving and that will soon start to tellin the results.

Mark my words.

Ha commenting on @Mellotron's sensible conservative post elsewhere, then in with a ludicrously optimistic prediction the next. I like it though. I went for 11, I bottled that we'd win more than 1 away.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Performances are slowly and steadily improving and that will soon start to tellin the results.

Mark my words.

We'll need to have learnt how to defend set pieces, and especially corners, for that to materialise.

el punal

I think we've all learned the lesson by now that there are no easy games and nothing is a given. Many people thought that we'd turn Bournemouth over, we didn't. B'muff proved to be one of the best attacking sides to come to the Amex and could so easily have taken all three points.

Where last season it was a case of try to win every game to gain promotion, this time round it's try not to lose. We have to scrap for every point - not pretty I know, but survival is the key. Stay in this league and then we can kick on. So far so good, we've managed to hold our own. So when you look at the upcoming fixtures and think that certain teams will be beaten by us - think again. At present the sides that are floundering - West Brom, Swansea, Watford, even Southampton could improve in a heartbeat.

This season we have shown resilience and determination but not much flair. That doggedness could see us safely across the line. Let's hope so.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We'll need to have learnt how to defend set pieces, and especially corners, for that to materialise.

My gut feeling is that full back rotation hasn't helped with our set piece defending, and that more Schelotto and Suttner game time will help matters. I reckon it's caused a few more individual defending errors (which the players have held their hands up to) rather than systematic errors. But yeah, I completely agree, we definitely need to do better here.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
4 points [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My gut feeling is that full back rotation hasn't helped with our set piece defending, and that more Schelotto and Suttner game time will help matters. I reckon it's caused a few more individual defending errors (which the players have held their hands up to) rather than systematic errors. But yeah, I completely agree, we definitely need to do better here.

I think he has a real dilemma with Bong and Suttner, Bong gives you more defending set pieces, but Suttner is the better footballer. Although Cook was Duffy's man and was no where near him for either the goal or the preceding corner.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Mark my words.

You're so negative.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
TWO

13/01/18 West Brom - Away - LOSE
20/01/18 Chelsea - Home - LOSE
31/01/18 Southampton - Away - LOSE
03/02/18 West Ham - Home - DRAW
10/02/18 Stoke - Away - LOSE
24/02/18 Swansea - Home - DRAW[/QUOTE]

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think he has a real dilemma with Bong and Suttner, Bong gives you more defending set pieces, but Suttner is the better footballer. Although Cook was Duffy's man and was no where near him for either the goal or the preceding corner.

For me it's no dilemma. If I was CH I'd just select Suttner and drill his bollocks off (though I appreciate that Premier League football management may just be slightly more nuanced than that). I reckon our best XI is clearer now than at any point in the season, now that Jose and Suttner have supplanted Solly and Bong. The only position becoming less clear for me now is at Right Back with Schelotto's marked improvement.

I've veered way off the thread topic nopw, but basically I'm very optimistic for the coming games, despite what @knocky1 reckons.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I 'think' there is 10 potential points there, playing to (sort of) par. More would be a perfect bonus. The dream scenario: defeating WBA, Swansea, & Stoke plus at the very least not losing to Southampton. A win against those around the bottom four really are six pointers now. Its a tall shout, but we can dream. I suspect/hope we may nick a result against one of the 'big teams' in the run in. We are due to catch one of them on a bad day. Liverpool aside, they've all made heavy work of defeating us. Its generally accepted, (as I remember?) 38 points 'should' be enough to ensure safety. Nick those 10 points and we're almost there. Easy eh......

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My view is that if we don't have at least ten points from these games we are as good as relegated.

I think that is over egging it. We still have 10 games left after that, including home games against Leicester and Huddersfield. 10 points would put us on 33, so you're assuming we'll get less than 6 or so points from our last 10 matches.

I'd say 7 as a minimum, gets us to 30 points with 10 to play. Get anything above 7pts and I think we're in good shape, even 5 or 6 gives us a decent chance still. Get 10 (I actually put 11 as I think we'll do okay) on 33 points with 10 to play we will be still well clear of the drop zone, and we might even be able to sit back and enjoy the games!

Save me repeating myself.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
WBA - Draw
Chelsea - Lose
Southampton - Draw
West Ham - Lose
Stoke - Draw
Swansea - Win

6 points

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really need a minimum of 10..........so something like this would be marvellous (albeit unlikely)

WBA - Win
Chelsea - Lose
Southampton - Draw
West Ham - Lose
Stoke - Win
Swansea - Win

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
9 points, with 3 wins from our home games :)

West Brom [A] - 0
Chelsea [H] - 3
Southampton [A] - 0
West Ham [H] - 3
Stoke [A] - 0
Swansea [H] - 3

Anything else a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here