Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Seasons Prices.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the last thing that the suits care about is the fans.This is purely a cost cutting exercise,if we are relegated,as seems very likely,the uppers will be closed,probably with some super dooper advertising hoarding,bit like at Huddersfield,
#LEAGUEONEREADY
A short sighted decision guaranteed to increase ST non-renewal levels.

Imagine the chaos of reallocating the seating, and the issues with people no longer able to sit together.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A short sighted decision guaranteed to increase ST non-renewal levels.

Imagine the chaos of reallocating the seating, and the issues with people no longer able to sit together.

I suspect that this wont be a problem next season!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure they will not be reduced to be cheaper than now. Either way 5 -6k will not renew but if successful the pay by game will increase and we will get about the same gate.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
There was a time at the Amex when the words Season Tickets and Waiting List were mentioned in the same sentence. Many fans have always stumped up for their STH on the premise they will be seeing Premier League football in the near future. Or even the following season. If you take that carrot away, the club loses a major selling point.

Availability/desirability is more important than pricing. Should we get relegated, a large number of STHs will soon realise seats (and plenty of them) will become available next season. This will provide greater flexibility without the fear of missing the premier fixtures, which let's face it, will be far fewer in League 1 anyway. Ironically, having a Premier League-ready ground will hurt them more, purely because there will be many empty seats to purchase on a game-by-game basis.

In conclusion, relegation can only result in a painful reduction in STHs, only likely to return when/if Albion get promoted back to the Championship. There is also the threat, following a restructure and re-alignment of resources, we could also have an indifferent season in League 1, which will further damage marketability. I believe, say, a 40% fall in STHs can't be ruled out.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
There was a time at the Amex when the words Season Tickets and Waiting List were mentioned in the same sentence. Many fans have always stumped up for their STH on the premise they will be seeing Premier League football in the near future. Or even the following season. If you take that carrot away, the club loses a major selling point.

Availability/desirability is more important than pricing. Should we get relegated, a large number of STHs will soon realise seats (and plenty of them) will become available next season. This will provide greater flexibility without the fear of missing the premier fixtures, which let's face it, will be far fewer in League 1 anyway. Ironically, having a Premier League-ready ground will hurt them more, purely because there will be many empty seats to purchase on a game-by-game basis.

In conclusion, relegation can only result in a painful reduction in STHs, only likely to return when/if Albion get promoted back to the Championship. There is also the threat, following a restructure and re-alignment of resources, we could also have an indifferent season in League 1, which will further damage marketability. I believe, say, a 40% fall in STHs can't be ruled out.

I would imagine we would do well to get 15k season Tkt holders if we stay up this season and if we go down i can see that dropping to around 10k, and i do believe they would definitly close the East Upper & West Upper - no doubt about that

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Barber sets the prices, the board rubber stamp them (he has said so himself) Obviously the board can knock him back but in my mind pricing strategy is mainly down to him. He's the CEO afterall.

So the Board DO have a say! (I know they do but I just find it bizarre that so many want to blame just PB when none of the major decisions are made without consultation and approval of the Chairman and the Board.)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Upper east is mainly 1901 and the tickets are all ready fully paid up for next season. I can't see the club moving these supporters.

Erm! No, Upper East stand (as in 'upstairs') are mainly regular Season ticket holders! The 1901'ers in the East Stand are situated at the rear of the lower East stand! Technically, upper lower east stand :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The albion are now officially a joke.

Madness as this will add to numbers not renewing, as there will be those who won't want to move stands added into the mix.

I very much doubt such a decision has been reached already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here