Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season's Championship

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Yeesssssss established after 2 years & 92 games
After 2 years in any line of business you'll have gained enough experience to be pushing for a promotion

Just like all the clubs mentioned, Forrest, Leicester,Charlton, Leeds, Boro and then QPR, Bolton, Reading and the loser of the play offs. We do not have a Devine right to get auto or play offs. We are well placed like many other clubs and it will be tough again as this league shows year in year out.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just like all the clubs mentioned, Forrest, Leicester,Charlton, Leeds, Boro and then QPR, Bolton, Reading and the loser of the play offs. We do not have a Devine right to get auto or play offs. We are well placed like many other clubs and it will be tough again as this league shows year in year out.

That's why I said were experienced at this level now to be PUSHING for promotion but have no Devine right to get automatic promotion

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I will wait to see who we get in as manager, it will take time for him and the players to gel, what players are still at the club, and what players come into the club.....then i shall have a better picture of how we will fair.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We are just one of a dozen clubs that have the potential to get in the top 6. And then there is another half dozen clubs who could surprise everyone and get into the top 6. There are 2 clubs QPR and Leicester who will throw the kitchen sink at it and will spend above their means in order to achieve that aim. Bolton and Forrest finished well this season and will add to their squads over the summer. That's 4 clubs with more money then us and who's fans expect. Reading will have a lot of money to spend as they did not break the bank in the premiership. It's not going to be easy next season.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i wouldnt put any money on us because i feel we will struggle this season depending if we get a quality manager and big strong center midfielder and forward and decent center half and a decent left back and right back

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
I think any experience and foundation is completely undone by the fact that we will have to get used to a new manager with new ideas and implement probably 3-5 new players. And they could be first team regs so would need to settle quick

We saw how unpredictable it was this year and I don't believe that will change much. Probably a very solid top 8 teams though. Exciting stuff

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It will all depend on who we get as a manager. Dougie Freedman turned Bolton around last season and just missed out on the play offs. It also depends on who we manage to keep

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich, Forest, Bolton and Birmingham fans will all expect big things from their teams

I think more than half the clubs in the division will be expecting big things from their teams.

Like this season, I couldn't pick promotion sides from any of the clubs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Luckily all these other teams being quoted will be taking points off each other as well.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We are just one of a dozen clubs that have the potential to get in the top 6.

I'd say anyone other than perhaps Barnsley, Yeovil, Bournemouth, Millwall and Doncaster could get in the top 6.

Even then though, there are always suprises. I thought Palace would struggle this season.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
If we get the right man in(which we will) and a few key players are signed(which will happen) I think auto promotion has got to be the target, anything outside the play offs will be very disappointing indeed.

****ing hell. This season isn't even officially over, we don't know who our next manager will be and you're already writing off a season outside the play offs as disappointing. MENTAL.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
****ing hell. This season isn't even officially over, we don't know who our next manager will be and you're already writing off a season outside the play offs as disappointing. MENTAL.

What's your problem??? We finished 4th this year. If we finish out the top six next season, it will be disappointing. Think most people would agree with this, would they not???

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

10th 2012
4th 2013
So finishing outside the play offs would be disappointing
Rafa Benitez, Redknapp or Di matteo would expect nothing less

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here