Next Season the true fans season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Tonight nearly everyone left but the true fan stayed , it was the last game of the season , win or lose applaud the players who have given us so much entertainment right to the last , we are on our way it takes time, support the club , players & managers come and go but we stay forever

The true fan supports the team through thick & thin.
The true fan went to withdean
The true fan went to gillingham

Because you stayed to the end dosent mean you are a true fan

Pj2000

Jan 2, 2012
Worthing
Look I can meet up after the next home game if you haven't left already and chat about this over a pint in the northstand. Cannot be fairer than that can I ? . Oh and there seems elitism on here by quoting post numbers, maybe we should do away with them too ? , just a thought

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Look I can meet up after the next home game if you haven't left already and chat about this over a pint in the northstand. Cannot be fairer than that can I ? . Oh and there seems elitism on here by quoting post numbers, maybe we should do away with them too ? , just a thought

How about on the train back from middlesboro/Blackburn/burnley

Then we can talk about true fans

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Tonight nearly everyone left but the true fan stayed , it was the last game of the season , win or lose applaud the players who have given us so much entertainment right to the last , we are on our way it takes time, support the club , players & managers come and go but we stay forever

You joined this site in jan 2012... You can't be a "real" fan :facepalm:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Grow up.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
This type of thread is both tiresome and pointless. As an old fart, I have been watching Albion since 1972 and for practical purposes I am seated the SW area. Whilst I agree that there are many 'are we the ones in the blue and white?' fans, equally the few North Stand throng that express how they are TRUE fans and love the club etc etc are similarly eyebrow raising in their attitude and application.
I went to Selhurst on Friday, yet freely admit I left after the second goal. To observe our biggest rivals revelling in our eating humble pie after a 'mediocre' at best performance by us was of no interest to me.
This has shown that modern football has a place for ALL types of fan, with those horrendous clappy things and Sky TV down to the die hard sing your heart out stay till midnight devotee.
No one area of the ground has a divine right to putting themselves on a pedestal with regards to commitment and chants, each fan has his/her role to play.
In the cold light of day, we appeared to get lost amidst the occasion and razzmatazz, whereas Palace seemed to play it like a do or die football match.
Sh@t happens, we will get over it and come back stronger next year.

UTA

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Look I can meet up after the next home game if you haven't left already and chat about this over a pint in the northstand. Cannot be fairer than that can I ?

Why would anyone want to do that? You've got nothing interesting to say.
A 'true' fan is one who pays his/her money to watch the game, nothing more, nothing less.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You joined this site in jan 2012... You can't be a "real" fan :facepalm:

I must be an uber fan then as I posted on the original NSC forum when it started back in 1997 in the run up to fans united.

Do I lose points because I left 30 seconds before the end at Blackburn?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was àt Withdean in 1971. Years before you lot. I did leave before the first game started though.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I didn't join the board till 2006, but went to games regularly from 1974 til the end of the 2004/05 season am I still a fan?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I didn't join the board till 2006, but went to games regularly from 1974 til the end of the 2004/05 season am I still a fan?

No, it's all about NSC. If we'd got to Wembley, tickets would've been allocated based on posts and join date.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
If you stick £50 behind the bar and you only drink £20 worth of beer that's up to you.......

Would you rather 9k season ticket holders that stay until the end or 22k season ticket holders and the stadium looks full for 80 minutes?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh and there seems elitism on here

By making this thread, you are the one supporting this 'elitism' by claiming that some aren't true fans.

I've followed the albion since the late 90's (i was too young to really understand before then) and haven't been able to be at a game this season as i can't afford it. Am i less of a fan because of that? Why should people be more or less of a fan whether they were at Gillingham/there in the 70's/80's/related to the Blooms or whatever pointless claim is used?

We're all fans, some have more time or money to dedicate to it than others but they are no less a fan than anyone else. About time you learnt that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports