next season team captain.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd prefer us to sign Paul McShane and make him captain, but if that doesn't happen then Kayal isn't a bad shout. He'll certainly start all our matches if fit.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And why not ?, l know he isn't everyone's cup of tea on here, and l will admit that by his own high standards, he has had an indifferent season, but then can't the same be said of almost our entire first team squad?

Andrew Crofts would also be a candidate for me, providing of course he can get over his injury setback and become a first team regular again.

For me he doesn't seem to be a leader on the pitch, all too willing to scream at team mates if they make a cock up but never appears to offer encouragement or guidance like Kayal does.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Kayal or Stockdale

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Kayal or Stockdale

Noooo please not Stockdale! I''l admit that he is keen and offers plenty of advice, but for me a goalkeeper is too far removed from the action and most of his teammates to be an effective captain.

Also if last season is anything to go by, he needs to worry about his own form first.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It won't change in my opinion, I think this will be Greers last season with us and then we'll release him, can't see it changing although I think Kayal should be the captain, if not then Crofts.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There is always the possibility of signing a player who is obvious captain material like we did with Nobby.

Or Greer. He was signed specifically to become our captain. Personally though, I reckon Greer will be club Captain and Kayal will be the main man.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Beram Kayal for me,seems a natural leader and communicates well with those around him. However, if we don't do some serious squad bolstering and show some real intent, he's going to be gone in January. We all know contracts don't mean diddly squat and he is far too good to be playing for a lower half championship club. He will be on plenty of more ambitious clubs radar and justifiably so.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
kayal or stephens would be good. not dunk & not crofts (in case he isnt the same on return or another injury)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't write off Greer yet, but should he not be on the pitch its Stephens for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports