[Albion] Next season expectations

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still can't believe the season we've just had. I'm not sure it'll ever be topped.

Fa Cup semi at Wembley
The double over Chelsea and Man Utd, beat Liverpool twice
Club legend runs the World Cup final for an hour
Finish top 6, European tour
Literally three world class players starting every game.
And now, Lewis Dunk probably with a well deserved international recall.

I still can't believe it. Yet can it be topped? I mean we expect at least one of our world class players to leave, yet next season could be brilliant also.

What the minimum be to make you proud and happy next season? Here is my take:

Winning a major trophy might still be beyond us, but another cup semi isn't.
Would love to make Dublin, but getting out of our group would be great tbh.
Another top six finish ought to be beyond a club with our resources but I'd be happy with a top half finish if we could somehow make one of the other two.

What do you think?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As already stated by others , the summer comings and goings will alter my reality check.

I guess at this moment to stay top 10 and have a good cup run will be OK

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
17th on goal difference

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I still can't believe the season we've just had. I'm not sure it'll ever be topped.

Fa Cup semi at Wembley

I still can't believe it. Yet can it be topped? I mean we expect at least one of our world class players to leave, yet next season could be brilliant also.

Another top six finish ought to be beyond a club with our resources but I'd be happy with a top half finish if we could somehow make one of the other two.

What do you think?
I think we should all live in the present moment (which is an excellent place to be). The past is done and the future uncertain and we can waste time and energy speculating pointlessly on hope, fear and expectation; but I know many find it either fascinating to indulge in it or impossible to resist it. I am euphoric and just enjoying now.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
With new euro commitments I think a realistic league target would be top10

I wouldn’t see this as a backwards step if we had a decent domestic and European cup run

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What do I think will happen? A modest improvement on what has happened this season. The reason is that our overall effectiveness is steadily improving.
We are now scoring goals. And they're coming from all over the pitch. We've been creating chances for a while, but now we finish them.

But the reality is, it gets more difficult to improve as you climb the table.

As an aside, I wouldn't necessarily fear anyone leaving. If anything, they are opportunities to become even better.

Consider the following upgrades we have recently achieved:
Cucurella to Estupinan.
Bissouma to Caicedo.
Potter to RDZ.

I suspect that Caicedo's replacement is already at the club. After how his agent behaved in the last transfer window, why wouldn't he be?
We plan years ahead. We had been tracking Veltman for two years before we signed him for 900k.

We remain a work in progress. Expect more of the same, but just a little better.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
8th, carabou cup win, get through Europe league group stage. Build further from there.

Bring it on!

Prefaced on spurs and Chelsea being less shit next season and villa spending big

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Keeping Roberto for a whole season, not losing more than two stars, keeping fairly injury free.
Higher expectation, maybe top ten, and a run in Europe.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It will be the toughest season we will have ever had and honestly would be an incredible achievement to balance Europe with staying in top 10. I think RDZ is our big ace in the hole though. He not only has the experience of European football but his impact on the domestic game has been completely unprecedented (Guardiola might be biased because he’s Roberto’s mate but I don’t think he would hype someone like that if he didn’t mean it).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Fa Cup semi at Wembley

What do you think?

I really don't know how to put this politely, but

F*** off and let me enjoy what's left of this season :wink:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'd like to say get to the knock out stage in Europe and top half finish in the league.
Not fussed if we don't go on another domestic cup run as the congested fixtures would mean knackered players again. I'd rather fresher players and show what we can do in Europe.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I'd like to say get to the knock out stage in Europe and top half finish in the league.
Not fussed if we don't go on another domestic cup run as the congested fixtures would mean knackered players again. I'd rather fresher players and show what we can do in Europe.
Concentrate on Europe 🤔
mind-blown 🤯 that it’s even a reality yet
And Not a plan to do a duty free run across the channel to stock up beer / wine for Xmas

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We need to stop thinking like it’s all a fairy tale never to be repeated, Roberto is already gunning for Europa league, domestic cups and success in the PL. Bloom is already backing his man breaking the transfer record early doors it’s going to be some ride.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Fa Cup semi at Wembley

What do you think?
Incredible isn't it? I'm not sure it can be topped either but, who knows?

I would love to know what targets Tony Bloom is setting himself.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We have no domestic trophy in 122 years.
We are now good enough ( given a little luck in the draws ) to win one of the domestic cups. We should have reached the FAC Final this year. We will not win the PL or Europa League next season. The domestic cups are the Holy Grail. RDZ knows this. He knew we had a chance this season.
We have to be wary of the effect of European football on teams with limited squads. Leicester...West Ham...Burnley...Wolves...etc
There will be a reaction. We will stay out of trouble. We will continue to move forward as a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports