Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season 09-10 CAFC

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Dear Posters

We are going down, for reasons that I will not bore you with, next Season. How that saddens me, the Club effectively wasting the hard earned legacy that Curbs left us and ending up in the sitution we are now. But no matter.

My question is this, as a regular attender at the Withdean I am familiar with its delights!!

What other delights do we, as away supporters, have to look forward to next Season?

Up the Albion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, Sky and ITV will become OBSESSED with you for the 1st and 2nd rounds of the FA Cup next year, so rest assured if you get drawn away at some god-forsaken cowshed at the other end of the country, you'll be able to enjoy it from the comfort of your pub or armchair (and revel in the glory of being one of the GIANTS to be killed).

Yeovil is simply a delight to visit. I can't recommend it enough. The way the ground is in the middle of nowhere, and the fact that it takes an hour to get out of the carpark even though there were only 4,000 at the game. Wonderful.

There really is so much to enjoy in the 3rd division these days.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Thanks guys.......I dread to think what the Hartlepool Hotdog is..............

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks guys.......I dread to think what the Hartlepool Hotdog is..............
Dont worry , its only 12 inches of pork and gristle served in a roll :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't worry with our current form we might miss you as we drop........

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
0,,10417~3502467,00.jpg

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Dear Posters

We are going down, for reasons that I will not bore you with, next Season. How that saddens me, the Club effectively wasting the hard earned legacy that Curbs left us and ending up in the sitution we are now. But no matter.

My question is this, as a regular attender at the Withdean I am familiar with its delights!!

What other delights do we, as away supporters, have to look forward to next Season?

Up the Albion

Shame you may be going down - CAFC have always fought our corner and I remember all those coaches at the Fans united day.
The 3rd division is . . . well a bit grim really.
The only half way good thing about us being in the same division (and I am clutching at straws here) is that the roof will be raised at your gaff as everybody expresses their hatred for the pikeys at Smellhurst. As you're well aware though we cannot reciprocate as we ain't got a roof to speak of !!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Shame you may be going down - CAFC have always fought our corner

Yeah right and stolen our fan base with their cheap coaches, hope they go down and stay down

Well shouldn't we have done more to get and to keep the young kids from Sussex ?
Who can blame them when the choice is between "Come and see a Premiership match v Arsenal which is cheap to get to" and "That'll be 27 quid to sit in the pissing rain at a cow shed".
Agreed the club has done more now but back then we didn't care - there's a whole 2 or 3 years worth of kids that may have been lost to Charlton because we didn't have the marketing nous to actually do anything. I mean it isn't illegal to take supporters from another club's catchment area (although I agree it could be construed as a bit cheeky)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I always used to have a soft spot for Charlton, we supported them in their fight for the Valley but now they are getting what they deserve.

They have targeted children and schools in Sussex and Kent and have tried to poach young fans from clubs like Brighton, Gillingham and Crawley.

You reap what you sow and you get everything you deserve! I won't be welcoming Charlton down here - in fact I hope you go the same way as Wimbledon.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well shouldn't we have done more to get and to keep the young kids from Sussex ?
Who can blame them when the choice is between "Come and see a Premiership match v Arsenal which is cheap to get to" and "That'll be 27 quid to sit in the pissing rain at a cow shed".
Agreed the club has done more now but back then we didn't care - there's a whole 2 or 3 years worth of kids that may have been lost to Charlton because we didn't have the marketing nous to actually do anything. I mean it isn't illegal to take supporters from another club's catchment area (although I agree it could be construed as a bit cheeky)

I agree that you shouldn't criticise Charlton for it - it was a legitimate marketing ploy. Not sure what we could have done to combat it, though, as Charlton were offering Prem football.

It is so easy to say that we should have done the same, but their marketing and prices would have cost the sort of money I doubt we could have afforded. It was an 'investment' as they had a lot of empty seats to fill but, having spent all that money, I wonder how many of those who took up the offer have actually remained as died-in-the-wool Charlton fans, particularly after they got relegated. In the long run, I wonder if it was all worth it?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
If what Charlton did running coaches from Sussex got them fans who would otherwise have supported the likes of Chelsea and Man U, i don't have a problem with it. The Albion could have combated it with even cheaper tickets and subsidised travel to get kids to Withdean but prefers to keep prices up and have empty seats. You can't blame Charlton for that. Personally i'd have liked to see Charlton do well in the Prem at the expense of the so called glamour clubs, seeing them do ok at that level gave inspiration to smaller clubs that just maybe we could have success too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I always used to have a soft spot for Charlton, we supported them in their fight for the Valley but now they are getting what they deserve.

They have targeted children and schools in Sussex and Kent and have tried to poach young fans from clubs like Brighton, Gillingham and Crawley.

Pretty much the way I feel about Charlton. Gained a lot of credit for their Valley fight, and let's not forget they were probably the other club shirt most in evidence at the original Fans United.

But I've started threads before about the disgraceful Valley Express (from as far away as bloody Hampshire!) before, and I can't believe how many people seem to think it's a valid marketing ploy.

No it isn't, it's a squalid bribe to tempt fans away from their hometown clubs, and completely hypocritical from a so-called community club because if West Ham targeted Greenwich they would go nuts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here