• Gary Neville

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Point of order, should be in alphabetically order. (I know you can't change it). But Rishi all the way.

Yes, Rishi, who has been in no way angling for this opportunity. What he'll try to do is claim he had nothing to do with this regime, say that we'll bring a bright blue future into being.
At some point, the electorate will wake up to this predictable sh!t and realise that the vast majority of them have been taken for a ride. Strangely and, probably, naively I think that's happening now, but we can suspect that it might take you a lot longer to come round. Either that, or you've got too many assets or think that their unpleasant values and policy framework is enjoyable.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Gary Neville would genuinely make a good Labour MP, he should definitely go for it. Or maybe Greater Manchester mayor if Burnham is moved to a more senior role

Burnham would be potentially a good labour leader, maybe even PM at least he would actually attempt "levelling up" the country, though we might end up with parliament in Salford

Other than that, Nathan Jones or Cantona if thats allowed. As long as it's not Joey Barton

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Faridge can **** off

If you have spelled the name right l would have agreed with you, and given you a :thumbsup:

As it is Caroline Lucas would make an excellent PM, although she would have to cross the floor and join the Labour Party if there were ever to be any chance of that happening.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Burnham would be potentially a good labour leader, maybe even PM at least he would actually attempt "levelling up" the country, though we might end up with parliament in Salford

yes I agree

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Rishi will probably get it. Be nice to have a son of a billionaire in charge. He will have his finger on the pulse of what the common man wants. He's also the last person that should get it. That awful "Thanks PM" moment like some Marketing bell and pushing to help Cameron and Greensill are 2 prime examples of his unsuitability.

I agree that he should be the last person to get it, one small point, he isn’t the son of a billionaire [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He will try and wind up parliament early to avoid Prime Ministers Questions next week, and he'll hope it blows over by the time MPs return after Christmas. Given the size of his majority, all he needs to do is keep enough of his own MPs happy, and he'll be safe.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

As a Tory voter I would say Burnham is the only credible candidate in Labour that could win a general election. Decent bloke, clever, speaks the truth. I still couldn't vote for him but he would appeal to a lot of people. Miles ahead of Starmer.

The problem with the Tories is fundamentally they don't have a very good opposition. They can therefore, up to a point do what they want. Labour are unelectable I'm afraid, in their current form. They have been since Blair left. However badly or not the Tories have done (and we could argue that all day) I think the electorate would probably think Labour would have done worse. AND fundamentally the Tories have supported people through Covid in a way far greater than anyone could imagine financially. Roll back two years and could you ever have seen a Tory Government support people through furlough the way they did. I never thought they would. I'm not even sure Labour would have done?

At the next election it will all be about the economy and who makes the best case for moving it forward. It nearly always is.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
As a Tory voter I would say Burnham is the only credible candidate in Labour that could win a general election. Decent bloke, clever, speaks the truth. I still couldn't vote for him but he would appeal to a lot of people. Miles ahead of Starmer.

The problem with the Tories is fundamentally they don't have a very good opposition. They can therefore, up to a point do what they want. Labour are unelectable I'm afraid, in their current form. They have been since Blair left. However badly or not the Tories have done (and we could argue that all day) I think the electorate would probably think Labour would have done worse. AND fundamentally the Tories have supported people through Covid in a way far greater than anyone could imagine financially. Roll back two years and could you ever have seen a Tory Government support people through furlough the way they did. I never thought they would. I'm not even sure Labour would have done?

At the next election it will all be about the economy and who makes the best case for moving it forward. It nearly always is.

Rugby League man as well, if that doesn't win back the North I don't know what will

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sadly, Michael Gove hasn’t decided to go completely AWOL whilst this shitstorm blows through for no reason.

He will be seen by the parliamentary party as the ‘steady pair of hands’ after the chaos of Johnson

Really? Rumoured to have some personal issues, which are not to be sniffed at, which would surely rule him out of contention, if they were remotely true.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Burnham is to me what labour should be, working class background from the north, can relate to everyday folk, worked for the NHS Confederation, quite frankly the only Labour option for a descant stab at the Tories, he would get my vote.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You actually have not included who it is going to be ...

Liz Truss.

One for the oldies to spot here. I think the photographer knew exactly what they were doing.

[tweet]1438400421832310787[/tweet]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
One for the oldies to spot here. I think the photographer knew exactly what they were doing.

[tweet]1438400421832310787[/tweet]

What a hideously chaotic room,

1: Just how high is the skirting, ridiculous.
2: Stupid nest of old fashioned tables, with leather inlays that don't match.
3: Who has a coffee maker in their lounge/study, or whatever the feck room, it is not an office !!
(kitchen only)
4: Don't leave your bag over a table as though your too busy to put it away, just lazy.
5: Fake Bamboo flooring, why ? It looks so out of place with the rest of period pieces.
(bamboo for minimalist effect)
6: Those chairs scream "OLD FOLKS HOME" Christ they have black legs, they colour clash with everything else.
7: I know she is petit, but that flashy brass pole in the corner of the room will never hold her weight.
8: Cables everywhere, so dangerous, accident waiting to happen.
9: Red shoes orange trousers do NOT go !
10: y

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here