• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ah well, it'll be a sad day for those that can't handle democracy when we do leave.

:shrug: my entire life I've had to listen to anti - eu rhetoric in Parliament and the papers from people who couldn't stomach being in the EU, and yet we're supposed to shut up a mere two years after the referendum? Not happening, because democracy means every side has a voice and past decisions can be reversed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Do you wonder why "those that cant handle democracy", can handle it perfectly well regarding all other democratic events?

Perhaps 'they' get their own way and don't need to throw their toys out of their prams? I dunno.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
:shrug: my entire life I've had to listen to anti - eu rhetoric in Parliament and the papers from people who couldn't stomach being in the EU, and yet we're supposed to shut up a mere two years after the referendum? Not happening, because democracy means every side has a voice and past decisions can be reversed.

3 years and sorry but democracy doesn't work in the way you want it. Vote til we win.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
3 years and sorry but democracy doesn't work in the way you want it. Vote til we win.

Took 20 years or so for the tory back benchers, ukip types to force a referendum out of the government, if it takes that long for another one we'll have to keep pushing. Hopefully we'll get one a lot sooner as this is an issue that needs to be put to bed, everything is too divisive now. Unfortunately looks like a very divisive prime minister is about to take over just to make things worse

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took 20 years or so for the tory back benchers, ukip types to force a referendum out of the government, if it takes that long for another one we'll have to keep pushing. Hopefully we'll get one a lot sooner as this is an issue that needs to be put to bed, everything is too divisive now. Unfortunately looks like a very divisive prime minister is about to take over just to make things worse

Well, I'll give you this much, you don't see those that don't advocate another referendum as vile scum that need to be eradicated, like many do on here. However I cannot agree with you or anyone else that believes we should re-run a democratic vote. We were given a simple choice, the Leave vote won, we move on. I just can't envisage in any way that we'd still be talking about this if Leave lost. I just would not see Leave continuing this debate. I think they'd hold their hands up and say 'fair play we lost'.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, I'll give you this much, you don't see those that don't advocate another referendum as vile scum that need to be eradicated, like many do on here. However I cannot agree with you or anyone else that believes we should re-run a democratic vote. We were given a simple choice, the Leave vote won, we move on. I just can't envisage in any way that we'd still be talking about this if Leave lost. I just would not see Leave continuing this debate. I think they'd hold their hands up and say 'fair play we lost'.

Who of the Leave side, during the referendum campaign, was pushing a No Deal WTO outcome? Anyone? Or have they all campaigned on one thing and pivoted to another whilst screaming about protecting democracy?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
... I just can't envisage in any way that we'd still be talking about this if Leave lost. I just would not see Leave continuing this debate. I think they'd hold their hands up and say 'fair play we lost'.

It hasn't stopped the SNP banging on about independence, has it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who of the Leave side, during the referendum campaign, was pushing a No Deal WTO outcome? Anyone? Or have they all campaigned on one thing and pivoted to another whilst screaming about protecting democracy?

We were given a YES/NO vote, what part of that do you not understand?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
there seems to be a problem with leavers wanting to shut down any form of debate with the whole "you lost/you're being undemocratic" line

regardless of which side won a referendum, we should always be able to debate the outcome. Believe it or not but people don't really care about "losing" a referendum. People care about the future of the country which is a legitimate concern at the moment. To try and dismiss any form of criticism of Brexit as "undemocratic" is absolute bullshit. I think it's a shit idea and I'll continue to say it's a shit idea for as long as I like. I also think voting in a Tory government from 2010 onwards was a shit idea- for me to have that opinion isn't undemocratic even though it was "the will of the people"

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
We were given a YES/NO vote, what part of that do you not understand?

You only actually have one argument, don't you? You don't have anything intelligent to say as far as I can see. You just can't get over yourself. You fear democracy because democracy might change its mind.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You only actually have one argument, don't you? You don't have anything intelligent to say as far as I can see. You just can't get over yourself. You fear democracy because democracy might change its mind.

Why do I fear democracy?
Why do I have one argument that is what the referendum was about YES/NO, why is there any other argument?
Why is that unintelligent?

Feel free to answer without your bile.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
there seems to be a problem with leavers wanting to shut down any form of debate with the whole "you lost/you're being undemocratic" line

regardless of which side won a referendum, we should always be able to debate the outcome. Believe it or not but people don't really care about "losing" a referendum. People care about the future of the country which is a legitimate concern at the moment. To try and dismiss any form of criticism of Brexit as "undemocratic" is absolute bullshit. I think it's a shit idea and I'll continue to say it's a shit idea for as long as I like. I also think voting in a Tory government from 2010 onwards was a shit idea- for me to have that opinion isn't undemocratic even though it was "the will of the people"

Leavers probably accept that. Once the referendum result has been implemented, as voted for by Parliament, then I think we should have a vote every 5 years to see if we fancy joining the Euro Gang again (if it still exists). Once the referendum result has been adhered to, as per the agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here