• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Backed him at 20/1 to be next PM, I reckon if he can get into the last 2 against Boris he might be able to win based on being the least worst option, and he is at least different to the others who all seem to be trying to out do themselves.

Sorry pal, you've lost your money. Boris will walk it, if he is one of the two picked by the MPs. The membership adores him. Tory men want to be him, and tory women want to **** him. As do plenty of the tory men, too, one suspects.

I am astonished he is only 2 to 1 on. I never bet, but if I did, I'd put all my savings on Boris now. Happy to have this post bounced later either way (for prescience or having no effing idea :lolol:)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Doesn’t surprise me one bit that people like Das Reich support Boris. Look at his rap sheet. Tip of the iceberg too.

In his 2002 column in the Spectator, Boris penned an article titled: “Africa is a mess, but we can’t blame colonialism”.
In the piece, Boris described the continent as a “blot” and suggested that it would be better off if it was colonised again, writing: “The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more…the best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”
In 2002, in a column in the Telegraph, BoJo described black people as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”.
In 2004, Boris was asked to apologise to Liverpudleans after writing in the Spectator that they were “wallowing” in “victim status” after the Hillsborough disaster. Boris said those who lived in the city needed to acknowledge the role played “by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground”.
In the 2005 leadership contest, bumbling BoJo said “voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3”.
Boris described Papua New Guineans as prone to “cannibalism” and “chief-killing” in his column in the Telegraph in 2006.
Boris blamed rising house prices on women graduates in his Spectator column in 2007. It’s almost as if people should stop giving him columns.
In the same article, he managed to wrap classism into sexism, writing: “The result is that in families on lower incomes the women have absolutely no choice but to work, often with adverse consequences for family life and society as a whole – in that unloved and undisciplined children are more likely to become hoodies, NEETS, and mug you on the street corner.”
Also in 2007, BoJo described Hillary Clinton as looking like a “sadistic nurse in a mental hospital”.
In 2008, Boris allowed a piece to be printed that claimed black people have lower IQs, under his editorship at the Spectator. “Orientals…have larger brains and higher IQ scores,” the piece read. “Blacks are at the other pole.”
London assembly member Jennette Arnold accused BoJo of all-round sexist conduct in 2012, arguing that he generally treats women assembly members in a “disrespectful, patronising” way that was different to the men.
In 2013, Boris suggested that the increase in Malaysian women going to university was down to the fact that they have “got to find men to marry”. Groans were reportedly heard from Malaysian women in the audience.
Boris dabbled as a wordsmith in 2016 when he wrote a poem about the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan: “There was a young fellow from Ankara / Who was a terrific wankerer / Till he sowed his wild oats / With the help of a goat / But he didn’t even stop to thankera.” Boris won a £1,000 poetry prize for the limerick.
In a Tory party conference speech in 2016, Boris claimed that “the values of global Britain are needed more than ever” and that British “beliefs” are necessary to “lift the world out of poverty”.
In the same speech, he called Africa a “country”.

After Barack Obama suggested that the UK should remain in the EU, BoJo said that the then-president should stay out of the conversation as he was “part-Kenyan” and had an “ancestral dislike” for the UK.
In 2017, Boris met with Steve Bannon, founder of Breitbart News, a self-described “platform for the alt-right”.
Boris also apologised to political prisoner Nazanin Zaghari-Radcliffe in 2017 after saying she was in Iran “training journalists”, when she was in fact on holiday. He was accused of risking adding an extra five years to her time in prison due to the mistake.
Boris was asked to apologise after referring to Emily Thornberry using her husband’s name to ridicule her in the commons in early 2018.

Last summer, Boris wrote in his column in the Telegraph that the burqa was “oppressive and ridiculous”, comparing Muslim women to “bank-robbers” and “letterboxes”.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last summer, Boris wrote in his column in the Telegraph that the burqa was “oppressive and ridiculous”, comparing Muslim women to “bank-robbers” and “letterboxes”.

I see Beth Rigby from Sky News got booed by Johnson's MP supporters for daring to mention that in a question to him at his press conference earlier - he's obviously got some really nice people supporting him in parliament too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see Beth Rigby from Sky News got booed by Johnson's MP supporters for daring to mention that in a question to him at his press conference earlier - he's obviously got some really nice people supporting him in parliament too.

He’s gonna breeze into power.

His racist overtones and classist facism appeal to the Tories.

World at One was describing the circus around his press conference. He had a Boris branded menu apparently. One could enjoy Boris Eggs Benedict , Boris scrambled eggs etc.

That doesn’t even make sense but does serve to highlight what an egotistical cvnt the man is.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Doesn’t surprise me one bit that people like Das Reich support Boris. Look at his rap sheet. Tip of the iceberg too.

In his 2002 column in the Spectator, Boris penned an article titled: “Africa is a mess, but we can’t blame colonialism”.
In the piece, Boris described the continent as a “blot” and suggested that it would be better off if it was colonised again, writing: “The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more…the best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”
In 2002, in a column in the Telegraph, BoJo described black people as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”.
In 2004, Boris was asked to apologise to Liverpudleans after writing in the Spectator that they were “wallowing” in “victim status” after the Hillsborough disaster. Boris said those who lived in the city needed to acknowledge the role played “by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground”.
In the 2005 leadership contest, bumbling BoJo said “voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3”.
Boris described Papua New Guineans as prone to “cannibalism” and “chief-killing” in his column in the Telegraph in 2006.
Boris blamed rising house prices on women graduates in his Spectator column in 2007. It’s almost as if people should stop giving him columns.
In the same article, he managed to wrap classism into sexism, writing: “The result is that in families on lower incomes the women have absolutely no choice but to work, often with adverse consequences for family life and society as a whole – in that unloved and undisciplined children are more likely to become hoodies, NEETS, and mug you on the street corner.”
Also in 2007, BoJo described Hillary Clinton as looking like a “sadistic nurse in a mental hospital”.
In 2008, Boris allowed a piece to be printed that claimed black people have lower IQs, under his editorship at the Spectator. “Orientals…have larger brains and higher IQ scores,” the piece read. “Blacks are at the other pole.”
London assembly member Jennette Arnold accused BoJo of all-round sexist conduct in 2012, arguing that he generally treats women assembly members in a “disrespectful, patronising” way that was different to the men.
In 2013, Boris suggested that the increase in Malaysian women going to university was down to the fact that they have “got to find men to marry”. Groans were reportedly heard from Malaysian women in the audience.
Boris dabbled as a wordsmith in 2016 when he wrote a poem about the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan: “There was a young fellow from Ankara / Who was a terrific wankerer / Till he sowed his wild oats / With the help of a goat / But he didn’t even stop to thankera.” Boris won a £1,000 poetry prize for the limerick.
In a Tory party conference speech in 2016, Boris claimed that “the values of global Britain are needed more than ever” and that British “beliefs” are necessary to “lift the world out of poverty”.
In the same speech, he called Africa a “country”.

After Barack Obama suggested that the UK should remain in the EU, BoJo said that the then-president should stay out of the conversation as he was “part-Kenyan” and had an “ancestral dislike” for the UK.
In 2017, Boris met with Steve Bannon, founder of Breitbart News, a self-described “platform for the alt-right”.
Boris also apologised to political prisoner Nazanin Zaghari-Radcliffe in 2017 after saying she was in Iran “training journalists”, when she was in fact on holiday. He was accused of risking adding an extra five years to her time in prison due to the mistake.
Boris was asked to apologise after referring to Emily Thornberry using her husband’s name to ridicule her in the commons in early 2018.

Don't agree with all of that but some good observations nevertheless . :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't agree with all of that but some good observations nevertheless . :thumbsup:

Which bits did you like in particular?
His blaming “drunk football fans” for the deaths at Hillsborough or when he published an article claiming black people have low IQ’s?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My view of some of the candidates

Boris Johnson while being a bit of affable comic let's not forget his time as London Mayor where he wasted millions on vanity projects that ultimately failed to materialised and he was a particularly terrible Foreign Secretary with gaff after gaff but surly the worse was when he intervened in the case of a British National in prison in Iran, his personal intervention managed to get her sentence not overturned or even reduced but doubled! He has been sacked twice for lying, he's a womaniser and although I don't think he a racist his letter box gaff was very poor judgment on his part. He is totaly unsuitable to be Primminister.

Jeramy Hunt has been a far better Foreign Secretary but his time as Health Secretary was an unmitigated disaster and his battle with junior Doctors with his imposing the new contract was so damaging and has had a direct influence upon staff morale with a attrition rate of 5% year on year has now left the NHS 10,000 Doctors posts vacant, this event showed a worrying lack of compromise I fear would prove to be little improvement upon Mrs Mays time in office.

Michael Gove has the attributes to be make a good Primminister however his resent cocaine admission not as a teenager but as a thirty year old man makes him unelectable.

Rory Stewart he's my choice he comes with no baggage, his list of achievements are quite astonishing for somone of his age but it's his background in the diplomatic service that I think would stand him head and shoulders above any of the other candidates in getting the nation back together and dealing with the issue of Brexit.

None of the other candidates have impressed me or shocked me to hold an opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My view of some of the candidates

Boris Johnson while being a bit of affable comic let's not forget his time as London Mayor where he wasted millions on vanity projects that ultimately failed to materialised and he was a particularly terrible Foreign Secretary with gaff after gaff but surly the worse was when he intervened in the case of a British National in prison in Iran, his personal intervention managed to get her sentence not overturned or even reduced but doubled! He has been sacked twice for lying, he's a womaniser and although I don't think he a racist his letter box gaff was very poor judgment on his part. He is totaly unsuitable to be Primminister.

Jeramy Hunt has been a far better Foreign Secretary but his time as Health Secretary was an unmitigated disaster and his battle with junior Doctors with his imposing the new contract was so damaging and has had a direct influence upon staff morale with a attrition rate of 5% year on year has now left the NHS 10,000 Doctors posts vacant, this event showed a worrying lack of compromise I fear would prove to be little improvement upon Mrs Mays time in office.

Michael Gove has the attributes to be make a good Primminister however his resent cocaine admission not as a teenager but as a thirty year old man makes him unelectable.

Rory Stewart he's my choice he comes with no baggage, his list of achievements are quite astonishing for somone of his age but it's his background in the diplomatic service that I think would stand him head and shoulders above any of the other candidates in getting the nation back together and dealing with the issue of Brexit.

None of the other candidates have impressed me or shocked me to hold an opinion.

Very good post. I agree.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Excellent from Boris already.Pay rise of £3000 for MP's with the tax allowance should get the greedy pigs snuffling in support,then once in charge,an election pact with the Brexit Party to kill off labour in the north,then two fingers to the EU and on to the Brexit Uplands with free unicorns for all.Hurrah!!:thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Just listened to Johnson's "managed" press conference.

Was asked 6 questions, answered none of them and neither confirmed nor denied regarding the allegation about drug use. Sky News reporter was jeered when she asked about his premeditated somewhat "letterbox racist" piece about Muslims in the Telegraph last August

What was clear was microphones were given to journalists and then removed so journalists were unable to follow up when he failed to give any answers, applause and cheers from Tory rent a crowd followed.

He will avoid scrutiny and proper interviews until he gets down to the last two and it goes to members, at this point he should be home and dry.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Was asked 6 questions, answered none of them and neither confirmed nor denied regarding the allegation about drug use. Sky News reporter was jeered when she asked about his premeditated somewhat "letterbox racist" piece about Muslims in the Telegraph last August

What was clear was microphones were given to journalists and then removed so journalists were unable to follow up when he failed to give any answers, applause and cheers from Tory rent a crowd followed.

He will avoid scrutiny and proper interviews until he gets down to the last two and it goes to members, at this point he should be home and dry.

The audience was telling, Mogg, IDS, Dorries etc. The nastiest members of the nastiest party all there is support

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Backed him at 20/1 to be next PM, I reckon if he can get into the last 2 against Boris he might be able to win based on being the least worst option, and he is at least different to the others who all seem to be trying to out do themselves.

Unfortunately the Tory party members all seem to love Boris and the MPs will vote for him as they think he's their best bet to keep their seats.

Tragedy or farce; I can't decide which?

Only picked up on Rory Stewart a few months ago but anyone with half a brain can see he's far and away the best candidate to meld the 52/48 vote which both sides seem to forget. He's the only one that seems to understand the word "compromise"!

What does that say about the Tory party members though!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Some in the media will be complicit in that.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
In Rory Stewart the Tories have someone who stands a chance, however tiny, of detoxifying them so they will be electable when Labour finally see sense and ditch Corbyn for someone less rubbish who actually gives the Tories some competition. Thankfully the Tories are too irrational to realise that and will instead go for the weapons grade bell-endery of Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here