Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next player in - André "Titi" Buengo?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reply to question 1

You must be joking. Breaking our record for a 31 year old who's goal record isn't that brilliant. He is probably out of contract.

Question 2

No.

But he would offer something different.

That just about sums it up for me too,on the video they showed several of his goals three times,makes him look a prolific goal scorer when in fact 70 goals in 247 games is not a great return for a big fast striker.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well, not wanting to say 'sign him up' based on youtube clips but he can certainly score a header, one of them was practically outside the penalty area! He seems to have got better with age as well scoring almost 1 in 2 last season. We could probably do a LOT worse if we wanted to have a different demention in certain games next season.

I would hope that he would not be our main striker though, if the rumour is true.

Last season he scored 7 goals in 27 games playing for Tours (his fourth club in four years) the wikipedia entry only goes up to 2009/10. I would say he is an ok journey man striker, Ligue 2 is a lower standard than the championship, his goal record is less than 1 in 3 too. As you say back up at best and hopefully a very small fee if we do sign him.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
he does score a lot of headers..... but then with 2 brilliant wingers who can whip a ball in with precision, that's perfect.

2 questions

1) Do you think this guy is the one who will break again our transfer record? if not..... how much roughly do you reckon he'd cost us.

2) Do you reckon he might be the main/best striker of the two extra strikers Poyet alluded to, or could he be the second best of the 2 with an even better one still to come?

any ideas [MENTION=16198]The Ringleader Returns![/MENTION] ?

Exciting times!!

No way would he be our record signing, 200-300k for him. Wouldn't cost too much in the wages department either.

If he signs then he probably wouldn't be one our main strikers. He'd be the something different we need to come off the bench when sheer pace isn't working.

From what I've been told, we can affoard his wages, and what Tours want with ease it's just a case if we can temp him to England as he has a family, although he's changed clubs a fair few times so they're hardley settled.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No way would he be our record signing, 200-300k for him. Wouldn't cost too much in the wages department either.

If he signs then he probably wouldn't be one our main strikers. He'd be the something different we need to come off the bench when sheer pace isn't working.

From what I've been told, we can affoard his wages, and what Tours want with ease it's just a case if we can temp him to England as he has a family, although he's changed clubs a fair few times so they're hardley settled.

cheers for replying.... should that read; we can afford his wages + a french translator!!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2000–2001 Olympique Saint Quentin 31 (7)
2001–2002 Wasquehal 18 (3)
2002–2003 US Creteil 36 (8)
2003–2005 Grenoble 17 (2)
2005 Neuchâtel Xamax 12 (1)
2005–2006 Clermont Foot 26 (8)
2006–2008 Amiens SC 53 (17)
2008–2009 Troyes AC 27 (11)
2009–2010 LB Châteauroux 27 (13)

Doesn't stay anywhere for very long, does he?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Could be something in this. I rekon Gus wants someone who can hold the ball up now that glen Judas c**t has gone, if it's not this bloke it'll be a player who is similar. How many times last season did Gus say he would only sign players who give him diffrent options that we haven't already got

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He looks like he's a lorryload of units

He looks like he's a lorryload of unsettled to be honest.

I'll trust in Gus and co., but this rumour doesn't excite me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2000–2001 Olympique Saint Quentin 31 (7)
2001–2002 Wasquehal 18 (3)
2002–2003 US Creteil 36 (8)
2003–2005 Grenoble 17 (2)
2005 Neuchâtel Xamax 12 (1)
2005–2006 Clermont Foot 26 (8)
2006–2008 Amiens SC 53 (17)
2008–2009 Troyes AC 27 (11)
2009–2010 LB Châteauroux 27 (13)

Appears to be a much travelled journey man who could possibly offer a plan B if our tippy tappy football isnt working but he does not appear to be the man that Gus will put his hopes on as the main striker to start each game.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wow!!!!!!!!

He played for clernont foot - my favourite French team

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Judging by the YouTube compilation, brave, 2-footed, very strong in the air, not slow. Would be a good addition in the Horse role coming off the bench.

PG

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I always worry with untried men coming into the english Football.....Wasnt Molonga (or whatever his name was who scored after about 30 seconds of debut at reading a few years back) Angolan? If we did get him, I would hope it would be on a free with little wages. As someone said above, does not excite me.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
He will be something different to what we already have, and I know they always look good in their compilation videos, but they have to have the ability to do that stuff in the first place. Someone who scores headers will be essential next season due to the amount of crosses that will be whipped into the box. As long as he doesn't break the bank (below 500k) I see know reason why we can't give him a go, even if he only comes of the bench every now and then.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As long as he doesn't break the bank (below 500k) I see know reason why we can't give him a go, even if he only comes of the bench every now and then.

How flippantly we now say, if he's below our previous transfer record of 30 odd years, just buy him and give him a go........ 50k used to be a lot to us, now 500k is nothing.......pinch pinch

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He will be something different to what we already have, and I know they always look good in their compilation videos, but they have to have the ability to do that stuff in the first place. Someone who scores headers will be essential next season due to the amount of crosses that will be whipped into the box. As long as he doesn't break the bank (below 500k) I see know reason why we can't give him a go, even if he only comes of the bench every now and then.

Are you mad? 500K for a bench warming, occasionally used sub?

It's that kind of thinking that sent much bigger clubs than us into administration. I can't see Tony Bloom allowing Gus to waste 500K plus wages on a sub. Maybe get him in on a free and not much in the way of wages and it'd still be a gamble on somebody who changes clubs every year-why does that happen? Is he trouble? Certainly not worth spending half a million on to find out.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Never mind him.Sign the players putting goals on a plate for him,and absolutely NONE of the goalkeepers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here