Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next manager?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In CH I trust. He got us here, and he can turn round this bad period of results.

He can't. We may win Tues, we may survive this season but Hughton will take us down if he's left in place. There's a reason we let go of Hemed, Baldock, Norwood.... All nice guys and decent pro's but they're just not up to or skilled enough at the top level.
It's no different with Hughton, his tactical tool box is what he has developed over the years, cautious, conservative, solid defence first.... It's served him and us well, but just like with Norwich before, you cannot simply try and defend your way through 38 games to safety in the PL. Look at Howe, Hassenhutl, Brendon Rogers.... These are modern thinkers with attacking/pressing teams with tactical flexibility that are so better suited to the PL than slow wooden safety first approach. We were lucky last year where Murray papered over the cracks and there were a few teams more shit than us, if we survive this year it is for the same reasons. Hughton is not capable in taking this club to mid table comfort or 45+ points a season.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
He can't. We may win Tues, we may survive this season but Hughton will take us down if he's left in place. There's a reason we let go of Hemed, Baldock, Norwood.... All nice guys and decent pro's but they're just not up to or skilled enough at the top level.
It's no different with Hughton, his tactical tool box is what he has developed over the years, cautious, conservative, solid defence first.... It's served him and us well, but just like with Norwich before, you cannot simply try and defend your way through 38 games to safety in the PL. Look at Howe, Hassenhutl, Brendon Rogers.... These are modern thinkers with attacking/pressing teams with tactical flexibility that are so better suited to the PL than slow wooden safety first approach. We were lucky last year where Murray papered over the cracks and there were a few teams more shit than us, if we survive this year it is for the same reasons. Hughton is not capable in taking this club to mid table comfort or 45+ points a season.

Post of the day

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove

THIS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I love hughton, so it saddens me to say, but I agree with everything you've written

Back at the start of the season we were all in agreement that we needed our away performances to become more positive like our home performances generally were last season (or seemed so at least). I never thought that the opposite would actually happen. Can't believe what has happened to our home form this season, it's like we've completely withdrawn into ourselves. We have been an embarrassment to the Premier League if we're totally honest this season!

Last edited:

el punal

I love hughton, so it saddens me to say, but I agree with everything you've written

Back at the start of the season we were all in agreement that we needed our away performances to become more positive like our home performances generally were last season (or seemed so at least). I never thought that the opposite would actually happen. Can't believe what has happened to our home form this season, it's like we've completely withdrawn into ourselves. We have been an embarrassment to the Premier League if we're totally honest this season!

I, too, agree with your sentiments. I still think that Chris Hughton is the best manager that the Albion have ever had and I am really dismayed about what has happened today, and presumably, behind the scenes in the last few weeks. Could it be that Chris has taken the team as far as he can? With the rumours flying around this could well be the case. I sincerely hope the team can somehow turn today’s debacle around and produce something worthy for the rest of the season. We await and see.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

I am almost to point where I hope we do get relegated, else we will hang on to tactics that are wanting and be Huddersfield or worse next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some young upstart from the Eredivisie. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here