Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next manager to get the push?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It’s just great not having to sweat on getting our manager poached for a season or two. With GP you always had one concerned eye on the sack race. I can now go back to fully enjoying defeats for the bigger clubs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Smug Eddie when he goes to England after the palace one is sacked after our horrible World Cup where we don’t win a game and go out to Iran

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Athletic parodying themselves even more than usual. Southampton "have decided to sack Hasenhuttl and could make the decision before" etc etc
This. It's only The Athletic speculating that he will be sacked so far, isn't it (with one or two others - The Express for example - picking up on The Athletic article)?

Agree that it's looking quite likely.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It’s just great not having to sweat on getting our manager poached for a season or two. With GP you always had one concerned eye on the sack race. I can now go back to fully enjoying defeats for the bigger clubs.
You reckon?

If he does well here this season i would be worried about him going back to Italy in the summer if a top Italian club came calling.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This. It's only The Athletic speculating that he will be sacked so far, isn't it (with one or two others - The Express for example - picking up on The Athletic article)?

Agree that it's looking quite likely.
I was sitting in the same room as Dan from The Athletic when he tweeted his so-called 'exclusive'. And when someone asked where he had got his information and who had told him, he had to admit that he only thought it might happen before they play Liverpool next weekend but was still more likely to be during the World Cup. In other words, there was a complete absence of any hard information to back it up. As I have always maintained, nobody knows anything. He certainly hadn't been sacked when I left St Mary's at 6.36 and he hadn't resigned.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was sitting in the same room as Dan from The Athletic when he tweeted his so-called 'exclusive'. And when someone asked where he had got his information and who had told him, he had to admit that he only thought it might happen before they play Liverpool next weekend but was still more likely to be during the World Cup. In other words, there was a complete absence of any hard information to back it up. As I have always maintained, nobody knows anything. He certainly hadn't been sacked when I left St Mary's at 6.36 and he hadn't resigned.
Fair enough.

If he stays, it'll be a bit of a backlash for The Athletic (and especially that particular journo) considering the "news" are all over social media.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
If the news is true and Southampton have binned off their talented coach ,then the next one out the door has to either be Potter or Southgate.

Both have no personality, Chelsea fans are restless and are not happy at all. Southgate will be exposed because some of his favourites who are not on form have also been injured, both have nowhere to hide, lovely stuff!

Think the only thing that'll keep Potter employed is the WC, a saving grace. He's got lucky again, just like he did with Covid. Everyone knows we were certs for relegation had the world not stopped.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank you for verifying my suspicion!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Lampard surely. Rubbish appointment in the first place, clueless at this level

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel a bit sorry for Hassenhutl. He has really missed Livramento he's just had his Director of Recruitment poached by Chelsea, two horrendous misses by Elyounoussi and Adams today killed him. Walcott also stealing a living as a Premier League footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here