Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next manager - Nigel Pearson?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sits in the stand all game, he'd be crucified for lack of passion

I was listening to 606 on the way home from the game on Saturday. A fan phoned in whinging about this very point and asked, something along the lines of... " Name me one other manager in the entire Football League that sits in the stands all game!" He perhaps hasn't heard of Steve McClaren.

The presenter agreed with the Leicester fan and asked Robbie Savage if it bothered him, managers sitting in the stands. Savage - and after all he has been a footballer you know, has that Leicester fan?....NO! :wink: - simply replied, something along the lines of... "Nope, I couldn't care less. Makes no difference to me as a player where the manager sits".

I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of players would agree with Savage, whilst the vast majority of fans would agree with that Leicester fan. Funny old game.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Sorry, but got to draw the line somewhere.
I'm not having a manager of my team named Nigel.
It's just not on, no matter how accomplished the unfortunately named individual might be.
If that makes me anti-Nigelistic then so be it ...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:ohmy:

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson says fans can 'stay at home'

Nigel Pearson said Leicester fans can "stay at home" if they cannot recognise the efforts of the team and admitted to an altercation with a supporter during the 3-1 loss at home to Liverpool.

The defeat left the Foxes at the bottom of the table, having now lost seven of their last nine league games.

"I had a spat with a fan towards the end," Pearson, 51, said.

"If they cannot see the players are having a proper go maybe they need to stay at home."

Pearson, who led Leicester to the Championship title last season, added his players were giving their all.

"I will always look for the positives," he said. "It is very easy for people to look at what we are not good at.

"I don't like the commitment of my players being questioned. If they honestly think they are not committed, they are very wrong. Maybe that is why I stay in the stand."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here