• Mark Warburton

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some interesting names in the frame...

My choice must be one of the very few that isn't even on, what is, a very long list. Arsene Wenger is out of contract at Arsenal at the end of the season.

The FA could do an awful lot worse, than give Southgate the job on a temporary basis until June, and then let Wenger take over.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My choice is Klinsmann - not everyone's cup of tea but given a good number of football people are questioning the belief and the bottle of the England players then having a German coach used to winning international tournaments with that winning mentality - rather than an English coach - might be a big psychological plus.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My choice must be one of the very few that isn't even on, what is, a very long list. Arsene Wenger is out of contract at Arsenal at the end of the season.

The FA could do an awful lot worse, than give Southgate the job on a temporary basis until June, and then let Wenger take over.

Agreed, im sure Mr Wenger could take it on a part time basis with the help of Southgate until the end of the season then take over full time ?...

Klinsmann also would be fine by me.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
My choice is Klinsmann - not everyone's cup of tea but given a good number of football people are questioning the belief and the bottle of the England players then having a German coach used to winning international tournaments with that winning mentality - rather than an English coach - might be a big psychological plus.

I agree. I voted for JK but was surprised to see him ahead. Of Ruel Fox? Would have thought Dean Cox was more likely:)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
How about Bungle

Attachments

• bungle.jpg
    bungle.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 175

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just give it to Eddie Howe and be done with it. We need a smug Thunderbird as England manager and it will prove to be the demise of smug Bournemouth too.

I don't give a shit about England as a football team so it won't matter to me if Eddie Howe turns out to be the footballing equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes as our manager either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like Wenger, but I couldn't think of someone less suited to taking over a "mentally fragile" side - which we very clearly are, if you remember the looks of terror during the Iceland game. His biggest weakness is that his sides are mentally fragile.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's depressing to think that this is the best available. Over half of the people on that list wouldn't get anywhere near interview stage anyway!

Might have something to do with the fact it's September and every decent manager work their salt is employed under contract.

I see we paid Sunderland £3mill to get Big Sam, then paid the greedy ****er half a mill for 2 months work. So that's £3 1/2 mill blown on a manager for 1 game.

Fair play to the FA though - globally, no one comes near them when it comes to consistent cock-ups.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lets not bother getting a new manager, lets just retire from international football as a country.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Eddie Howe for me, because as I've said before on another thread, he's brought Bournmuff' up from the lower leagues to the top flight, gained experience in all aspects in type of player and style of play in all of these leagues :thumbsup:

None of which matters at international level. You don't get to coach much, all you need to do is pick the right players, in form and briefly organise them - oh, and don't let them near any dentist chairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here