Votes: 13 8.3%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Goldson.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Current squad short term Kayal long term Goldson. Was directing Dunk Monday night not the other way round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going from a team with none to one with too many captains, is quite remarkable turn around in less than 12 months.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kayal now, with Goldson in a few years

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Stockdale would be my preference but I reckon it will be Kayal with Dunk as Vice and Stocko as third

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Going from a team with none to one with too many captains, is quite remarkable turn around in less than 12 months.

So you are saying that neither Greer or Calde were captain material when they were captains within the last 12 months.

An excellent contribution well done

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Surprised Dunk is even an option, not because of his inconsistency, but mainly because he is such a poor communicator at the best of times. Not particularly inspiring.

Kayal every time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given that CH seems to appoint those with the most experience that probably gives a good indication of his thinking when a decision is required.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He has given it to Bruno and Calde in Greer's absence, surly he would have given it to Stephens if that were the case?

I don't see Bruno retiring for a couple of years yet, so will he step up perminantly when Greer's knees final give up the ghost?

The reason I say Stephens is because he would give it to someone that he was sure would play all the time. In coming years I don't think Bruno or Calderon fit that category

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you are saying that neither Greer or Calde were captain material when they were captains within the last 12 months.

An excellent contribution well done
For me the most telling difference between the last 2 seasons is the amount of 'leaders' now currently playing for the Albion.

Nobody seems to be given an easy ride for screwing up.
A couple of weeks ago, after conceding, Goldson wasn't afraid to voice his opinion on a clearly senior (to him) player.

The same can be said of Kayal, Stephens, Stockdale, Bruno, Uwe, as well as Greer, even Knockaert seems keen to put people straight.

I guess you see last seasons team completely differently.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Surprised Dunk is even an option, not because of his inconsistency, but mainly because he is such a poor communicator at the best of times. Not particularly inspiring.

Kayal every time.

I don't think Dunk has any chance of becoming Captain. Nothing to do with footballing ability or his capacity to communicate to others . I just think that the fact he made overtones to leave the club recently would make him think twice about his commitment in the future

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Kayal if needed a new one tomorrow - just for on pitch antics/motivation.
Rosenior would be better with regard level headedness and referee communication.
Goldson seems the future as bossing defensive play and very vocal.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The reason I say Stephens is because he would give it to someone that he was sure would play all the time. In coming years I don't think Bruno or Calderon fit that category

Very true.

Has Stephens captained any of his previous clubs? I think Rosenior and Goldson have. It can't hurt to have a team of captains.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I would go with Goldson , Dunk or Kayal ( possibly even Stephens ) but it depends upon where we are are and who is still here on 01 August (or 01 July for that)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here