Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Captain

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Why do I get the impression that one of you is joking and one of you is actually serious?

Can you imagine the team talks from Kaz - "We waz wewwwll mental today izzit blud, brap brap brap looooooooool. Nando's"

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
In all seriousness, I used to see Dunky as not just a future Brighton captain, but maybe going on to bigger things and international honours....... I honestly believe that, sadly, the Jury's Inn incident wiped him out mentally. Which is devastating because he used to play with such maturity and intensity, and looked a natural successor to GG. I want to see him back in contention.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Greer is so out of his depth it's embarrassing. He'll be gone in the summer for sure, the last part of Poyet's 'favourites', behind Barnes and Bridcutt, and to an extent, El Abd, who was die hard.
Today, watching Greer 10 yards behind the rest of the line 2nd half showed how little he seems to know where he should be. League 1 at best.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Upson should have been captain this season.

This. Maybe not quite yet but Rohan certainly could be a brilliant captain, leads by example and just needs to be more vocal. If Upson is given an extension on his current deal (which he thoroughly deserves, hasn't missed a league game and has been very consistent) then I'd hand him the armband.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
League 1 at best.

Do you mean based on his current form? Harsh if not seeing as he was a key part of the defence that shipped the least goals last season and helped us finish 4th!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why do I get the impression that one of you is joking and one of you is actually serious?

I hope you think that I was joking!! Crofts for me . Superb attitude, super fit, box to box, and I still remember him saying how the hair on the back of his neck stood up every time he drove to the Amex. Class player, class attitude, love him.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Do you mean based on his current form? Harsh if not seeing as he was a key part of the defence that shipped the least goals last season and helped us finish 4th!
I've always liked Greer, but I think he's a mile behind Upson, who's a top level defender. He's done very well to date, but everyone has there pinnacle and I'm sure if he wasn't captain he'd of been dropped by now. He was really poor today but not for the first time and is becoming a liability IMHO.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I've always liked Greer, but I think he's a mile behind Upson, who's a top level defender. He's done very well to date, but everyone has there pinnacle and I'm sure if he wasn't captain he'd of been dropped by now. He was really poor today but not for the first time and is becoming a liability IMHO.

Agreed. Upson has been one of my favourite players for quite some time now, I very much hope he's offered an extension.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope you think that I was joking!! Crofts for me . Superb attitude, super fit, box to box, and I still remember him saying how the hair on the back of his neck stood up every time he drove to the Amex. Class player, class attitude, love him.

Sorry mate. Got you wrong. I think it's your avatar of Norman that foxed me. :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Fully agree with those who say Greer's declining, but that hardly means he's 'L1 level'.

Issue is who do you put in alongside our aging star Upson who can only have a couple years left max? Dunk would be a massive risk and likely cost us points in a play-off race although I'd really like him as a Champ defender once has the experience. We need at least 1, likely 2 quality CBs in the summer

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought Greer was better than Upson last season. Definitely not having a good spell at the moment but I doubt it's permanent. Maybe he needs El-Abd sitting on the bench to focus him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Greer is so out of his depth it's embarrassing. He'll be gone in the summer for sure, the last part of Poyet's 'favourites', behind Barnes and Bridcutt, and to an extent, El Abd, who was die hard.
Today, watching Greer 10 yards behind the rest of the line 2nd half showed how little he seems to know where he should be. League 1 at best.

Remind me how many goals we conceded yesterday?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ince is set to be captain and one of the greatest ever to play for this club if he stays long enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here