Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree with the thought process of the poster you quoted.

The prospect of the new manager being someone with a consistent and proven record in English football or a comparable league is receding. That means we are taking a punt.

Receding ? Is it really any different to what it was last week. Most seasons are underway, some targets might have to be paid out of contracts, a couple are out of work.
It’s not ideal and it won’t be easy - but on other hand The Albion project is incredibly attractive, financially tempting, and it’s the Premier League.
As for “taking a punt” - what does that mean ? Every choice will come with risks. That goes without saying. No guarantees here.

But implication With the word “punt” I think is a sense that its going to be leftfield, no due diligence, and inexperienced .

As far as I can tell we’ve shortlisted some of the most progressive young ( and successful) coaches out there - that many clubs are keeping an eye on.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
And me, will no Italian league well,speaks Spanish aswell so probably knows Spanish and South American leagues. 🤞🤞🤞, then again I wanted Hypia when he was on a short list.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Receding ? Is it really any different to what it was last week. Most seasons are underway, some targets might have to be paid out of contracts, a couple are out of work.
It’s not ideal and it won’t be easy - but on other hand The Albion project is incredibly attractive, financially tempting, and it’s the Premier League.
As for “taking a punt” - what does that mean ? Every choice will come with risks. That goes without saying. No guarantees here.

But implication With the word “punt” I think is a sense that its going to be leftfield, no due diligence, and inexperienced .

As far as I can tell we’ve shortlisted some of the most progressive young ( and successful) coaches out there - that many clubs are keeping an eye on.

I don't imply there will be no due diligence. Though I think there's a high chance of leftfield. My guess is that our manager recruitment will mirror our player recruitment. We will think outside the box, won't be held to ransom and go with the principle that the right decision is sometimes no decision. At least not yet. Each day that passes, the chances of a post world cup permanent appointment creep up and up

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
De Zerbi is an absolute no brainer. Not many of ours first choice, but what do we really know? He ticks pretty much every box. Wouldn't be a punt at all, he's got great pedigree and if we was still at a club and being successful we'd be drooling.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
De Zerbi is an absolute no brainer. Not many of ours first choice, but what do we really know? He ticks pretty much every box. Wouldn't be a punt at all, he's got great pedigree and if we was still at a club and being successful we'd be drooling.

I'd sign Mudryk but the style of his former team was not impressive

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's had a few failures.

Donetsk were awful in the champions League last season even after spending a bit of money.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's had a few failures.

Donetsk were awful in the champions League last season even after spending a bit of money.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

It's relative though isn't it? He was a revelation at Sa Sa Sa Su Olo.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't imply there will be no due diligence. Though I think there's a high chance of leftfield. My guess is that our manager recruitment will mirror our player recruitment. We will think outside the box, won't be held to ransom and go with the principle that the right decision is sometimes no decision. At least not yet. Each day that passes, the chances of a post world cup permanent appointment creep up and up

We have no coaching staff, there is literally zero chance that we'll appoint post-World Cup. It'd be suicide.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We have no coaching staff, there is literally zero chance that we'll appoint post-World Cup. It'd be suicide.

There's A chance. Very unlikely, granted, but it *could* happen...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Indeed, it would suggest that the much vaunted succession planning is very seriously flawed

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I think a small, but increasing, chance rather than zero chance.

The club have shown they will only do business on their terms. For example, we consistently go into seasons with fewer strikers than most think it's sensible to go in with. But they seem to make it work.

A similar way of thinking could apply here. But it really depends on how the club see Crofts and Lallana, which obviously we don't know

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't imply there will be no due diligence. Though I think there's a high chance of leftfield. My guess is that our manager recruitment will mirror our player recruitment.

Given our player recruitment is widely acknowledged to be some of the most successful in Europe and the Premier League, and our last managerial appointment was the most successful , perhaps in the history of the club then not sure where this scepticism about the club's ability to operate and land the right coach comes from. As for a conclusion that because there's no appointment today - that approaches have already been rebuffed and we'll be forced into waiting until January. Really ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed, it would suggest that the much vaunted succession planning is very seriously flawed

We've 16 days until our next fixture. Talk on here by a couple of posters that because we've not announced our manager today it must mean that plans are all up in the air, we'd better be relying on Lallana and/or waiting until January, offering up nothing to support such wild speculation - hence implying that the club aren't prepared and can't manage succession - are pretty far fetched.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've 16 days until our next fixture. Talk on here by a couple of posters that because we've not announced our manager today it must mean that plans are all up in the air, we'd better be relying on Lallana and/or waiting until January, offering up nothing to support such wild speculation - hence implying that the club aren't prepared and can't manage succession - are pretty far fetched.

I was commenting on IF we waited until after the World Cup, in no way suggesting we would….hence my comment about succession planning :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was commenting on IF we waited until after the World Cup, in no way suggesting we would….hence my comment about succession planning :rolleyes:

I agree with you. There's zero chance of this happening. Of course its more fun on here to suggest otherwise.!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here