• Rene Meulensteen

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Gianfranco Zola

Votes: 15 8.4%

• Total voters

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We won't be getting anyone unless we give them an appropriate budget to work with. My preference is Sherwood who has a lot of Acadamy experience (which we will need) plus he was a top player and seems to have a rapport with supporters. Heseems to have handled himself quite well in his short time in charge at Spurs. Chris Ramsey is also a top coach - see you later NJ.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
So Mike Phelan was responsible for United's last title win? Hmmm......

Well SAF certainly wasn't

In fact he wasn't responsible for any of them.

Tactical savvy of a sponge pudding.

Great man-manager though, and why buy a dog ((er....coach) and yap yourself.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Paolo Di Canio. Some will be disgusted by the suggestion, citing fascist salutes, etc.. Many will find the proposal ridiculous. I've supported Sunderland over fifty years and never been more excited by any manager we've had, including Stokoe and Poyet. He was treated abysmally by SAFC and you'd have to be prepared for the media to launch a collective assault on B&HA for having the nerve to appoint the "certified, egotistical, fascist luney" as they like to call him. Give him two years to mould the squad as he'd like it and you'd be in the top flight.
It hasn't taken long for Gus to be linked with other jobs by the way.

I'm sure he is top of our Jewish chairman's list.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nobody banging the drum for Paul Clement? Would seem to fit the profile of our past appointments, and I'm sure he's built up some impressive contacts in his time as Ancelotti's right-hand man. Ancelotti clearly rates him very highly, or else he wouldn't have taken him from Chelsea to PSG then Real as his assistant.

That's who voted for, I think he's exactly the sort of person the club would appoint. I'm not sure he'd be my choice - I'd like Mackay or Clarke - but Clement fits TB's criteria better.

Don't think I'd be too unhappy with him either

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Steve Clarke for me. Not sure he would come but I thought he did a really good job at West Brom and was unlucky to be sacked. Would be delighted if he came here.

No real idea who we will go for. It could easily be another foreign coach who most people wouldn't think of.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Steve Clarke for me. Not sure he would come but I thought he did a really good job at West Brom and was unlucky to be sacked. Would be delighted if he came here.

No real idea who we will go for. It could easily be another foreign coach who most people wouldn't think of.

We've had our fingers burned with that route, wouldn't expect us to do the same again. My gut feeling is for a young, progressive British coach or at least one with experience of British football.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Paul clement has the contacts, and the coaching ability. If he took the step up to manager and it worked, the sky would be the limit for him and us.

For me, I'd steer clear of Tim Sherwood, he seems as publicity seeking as Gus, he seems to think it's his right to have the spurs job, and I can see a shitfit coming when he doesn't get it

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wouldn't mind Chris Powell.

Steve Clarke, Zola, Di Matteo would all be decent shouts too.

I just have a feeling about Powell, I think he has the dignity of Oscar, the knowledge of the league and perhaps more realistic than the others who might want something a bit more high profile or with more money.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Well SAF certainly wasn't

In fact he wasn't responsible for any of them.

Tactical savvy of a sponge pudding.

Great man-manager though, and why buy a dog ((er....coach) and yap yourself.

Thats the biggest crock of shit ive ever heard, The greatest manager probably ever wasn't responsible for last years title win. Yeh his tactics have been sooo crap. How many trophies did he win again. Pathetic comment.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Paolo Di Canio. Because it's all about the passion. You have to look past the frank psychosis, and see the passion.
Failing that, Micky Adams, because the third time is the charm.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here