Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Albion manager: the Nigel Adkins discussion thread

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
1) Don't think he fits the bill of what Bloom wants
2) Too expensive
3) Bloom knows it would unpopular
4) We take an age to recruit a manager even when we know the current incumbant is leaving. It took us until 6th July to appoint Hyypia, even though Oscar told the club he was leaving months before he finally did in May.

You omitted that he is a complete ........

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to say I was impressed with the squad he put together at Southampton, he did a good job at Scunthorpe and he was within a few minutes of nicking a play off place last season. He's a twunt agreed but would be my choice over nearly every other realistic name mentioned. He knows the division well and if we are spending money in January he could well be the right man at the right time,

I feel a bit dirty having typed the above but if it comes to a choice of Adkins or some rookie who doesn't know the Championship I'd prefer Mr "Keep Up"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember his reception whilst he spied on us at Dagenham and Redbridge a few seasons back. Vitriolic abuse was a soft way of putting it.

He is old school and not very good so a resounding no.

Besides too much baggage!

TNBA

TTF

There wasn't vitriolic abuse. It was a rousing chorus of 'Keeping up, are you keeping up' repeatedly.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Give him a sizeable transfer budget in January and the summer, and he'll build us a squad worthy of promotion.

No he wont, Pardew built the stains squad that got promoted in 2nd place behind us , they kept there striker and then got promoted to the PL, Adkins was just riding the wave

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Assistant boss Nathan Jones is expected to be named as caretaker-manager. :rant::rant::rant:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice to see your right as per usual BG..........looool. Literally disproved 5 minutes after you post.

I didnt expect TB and PB to accept his resignation. I would have said we will put it to the board next week untill then carry on as usual and then sorted out the replacement rather than put Jones in temporary charge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Actually if he did become our manager, we would have a ready made song for him.

Keep us up, can you keep us up?
Nana nana nana na na na

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Very well respected in our boardroom, expect him to get an interview at least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only plus with Adkins is he might want to bring Glenn back in January and get one over Reading. Then phone him and ask him to be ill or injured Boxing Day.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
He's always welcome at Brighton.

adkinsbanner.jpg

Not.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And if we beat Reading on Boxing Day with Adkins giving it large on the sidelines, he would be an instant hit....Football fans are a fickle bunch you know.....and he took Glenn Murray to Reading, what odds Murray turning up back here under Adkins in January???

You are right about fickle you are wrong about the A team ...I'd rate his chances of becoming the next manager as almost zero

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
With the - self-inflicted - problems that clearly run deep to the core of the club at the moment, whoever it is that gets the job deserves certainly deserves a decent crack of the whip: this ship won't be turned around very quickly and some of the senior crew appear to be miles out of their depth or on the wrong ship altogether, shall we say.

So someone like Adkins - a man with whom just about every single Brighton fan has had a proper grievance in very recent history - simply wouldn't be given a chance to fail, even in the short-term. Lose another 2-3 games and the reservoir of goodwill would run out just like that. He'd be a terrible choice.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
And if we beat Reading on Boxing Day with Adkins giving it large on the sidelines, he would be an instant hit....Football fans are a fickle bunch you know.....and he took Glenn Murray to Reading, what odds Murray turning up back here under Adkins in January???

you wrong on this one. if that ******** comes here, i'm off. i don't care if that makes me a bad fan. i'm not paying money i can hardly afford to watch the albion being led by him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here